Green Day begin recording new album

allsystemsgo

I'm not sure yet about it. Listened once and, in general, all songs sound pretty similar to me. So I'll give it a few chances more. There are a few decent songs, but it seems like a non remarkable album. Being this album more similar to what they did on Foxboro, I still think that album, the Foxboro one, is way better than this. We'll see.

Kyle, that is fine on the label you give a personal attack; I still think it is not a good debate tactic.

I disagree on GD thing. They think the rich should pay more taxes. They are rich. They think they should pay more taxes. So why don't they?

Anyway, sorry, didn't mean to clutter this with offtopic stuff.

I agree with them, I think Green Day should pay more taxes (especially since they promote the idea themselves), but I think their point is that the system should change. I guess they might throw some campaign contributions to whomever is running for office. But they don't discuss this, and maybe somebody should ask them....

Kyle, I am not quite getting your point with posting all of that. But good research and good memories. Thanks. I did look up Tom's info on ancestry. However, him selling his house and the price of the house was pretty much common knowledge. It was also common knowledge that Jen fixed up houses and because of the economy he took a loss on it.

Article on Tom's house

http://www.bergproperties.com/blog/blink-182s-tom-delonge-lists-his-house-in-rancho-santa-fe-ca-for-625m-or-6295m-depending-upon-whom-you-ask/

Tom's house showing price he paid: $5.5 million on April 1, 2005 and price he sold it for $4.9 on April 9, 2011. Plus it was fixed up. So he took about a million dollar loss I imagine.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/18433-Via-Candela-Rancho-Santa-Fe-CA-92091/54904658_zpid/

That took me 2 seconds to find all of that.

I remember you saying you were worried that you might get in trouble for something? I brought those up because they seem to show you know something about Delonge's personal assets. If it's online, then it's not that big of concern. My point is that you knew about it and largely nobody else on this forum did. Maybe that's where I got confused as to why you were blasting the Delonge's a few years ago for losing so much money on their house (this is somewhere in the blink 182 discussion ether at least).

Also, you thought Tom was fucking with you at work too. Remember? I know you were joking, but you made a thread about it. Again, this was probably 4 years ago...

My point is that (A.) you do think about people's greed/money and tend to obsess over it. and (B), you made some really entertaining threads and they made my day at work go so fast. Sincerely, thanks again!

On the topic of Green Day, I won't even listen to this until it's on Spotify at least. I'm so bored by them.

Kyle, that is fine on the label you give a personal attack; I still think it is not a good debate tactic.

I disagree on GD thing. They think the rich should pay more taxes. They are rich. They think they should pay more taxes. So why don't they?

I agree with them, I think Green Day should pay more taxes (especially since they promote the idea themselves), but I think their point is that the system should change. I guess they might throw some campaign contributions to whomever is running for office. But they don't discuss this, and maybe somebody should ask them....

Kyle, I am not quite getting your point with posting all of that. But good research and good memories. Thanks. I did look up Tom's info on ancestry. However, him selling his house and the price of the house was pretty much common knowledge. It was also common knowledge that Jen fixed up houses and because of the economy he took a loss on it.

Article on Tom's house

http://www.bergproperties.com/blog/blink-182s-tom-delonge-lists-his-house-in-rancho-santa-fe-ca-for-625m-or-6295m-depending-upon-whom-you-ask/

Tom's house showing price he paid: $5.5 million on April 1, 2005 and price he sold it for $4.9 on April 9, 2011. Plus it was fixed up. So he took about a million dollar loss I imagine.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/18433-Via-Candela-Rancho-Santa-Fe-CA-92091/54904658_zpid/

I remember you saying you were worried that you might get in trouble for something? I brought those up because they seem to show you know something about Delonge's personal assets. If it's online, then it's not that big of concern. My point is that you knew about it and largely nobody else on this forum did. Maybe that's where I got confused as to why you were blasting the Delonge's a few years ago for losing so much money on their house (this is somewhere in the blink 182 discussion ether at least).

Also, you thought Tom was fucking with you at work too. Remember? I know you were joking, but you made a thread about it. Again, this was probably 4 years ago...

My point is that (A.) you do think about people's greed/money and tend to obsess over it. and (B), you made some really entertaining threads and they made my day at work go so fast. Sincerely, thanks again!

On the topic of Green Day, I won't even listen to this until it's on Spotify at least. I'm so bored by them.

I feel like your guys conversation needs to be moved to a different topic.....

Listened to it all in Graphic Design today.  And here is my honest opinion in a word: Meh.

Total meh.  Nothing stood out.  The album wasn't terrible, but nothing was memorable.  I got the opinion they were trying to revive the pop-punk sound of the late 90s that they weren't exactly a part of (I feel they were going against the grain with Warning and Nimrod but in a good way), but to a very unsuccessful and uninspiring degree.

Hell, for as much as I despise 21st Century Breakdown, at least that album had about 5 fantastic stand out tracks, this one doesn't have one, not a single track that makes me think, "Oh shit, I gotta listen to that song again right now."  However, it doesn't have any of the awful songs that comprised the majority of 21CB, every track is (dare I say it again) totally meh.  If this was the only album for the foreseeable future to be released by these guys I would be extremely disappointed due to the length of time they put between their albums.  However, since they are doing things differently, I can let this slide, as they still have 2 more chances to make the wait worthwhile.  So far though, no, the wait has not been worthwhile, but Dos and or Tre could absolutely change that.

Like I said I don't hate this album.  But I have no interest in listening to it again.  I wish so much harder that it was Mumford and Sons that leaked today, I already know that album will be on constant replay for me.

Article on Tom's house

I feel like your guys conversation needs to be moved to a different topic.....

Oh is it distracting from this horrible album?

No offense Kyle and Oli, but can't you two discuss you're very uninteresting conversation elsewhere?  Either in a new thread or perhaps through pm, as most people just don't care about these same discussions over and over anymore.

The album did just leak today, lets discuss it here.  yeah its not very good, but thats still worthy of discussion.

No offense Kyle and Oli, but can't you two discuss you're very uninteresting conversation elsewhere?  Either in a new thread or perhaps through pm, as most people just don't care about these same discussions over and over anymore.

The album did just leak today, lets discuss it here.  yeah its not very good, but thats still worthy of discussion.

yeah i could do without another annoying kyle argument with a million links and rude personal attacks.

but back to the album, i haven't listen to it yet...probably never will. i feel like i already know exactly what it sounds like and i hate it. if i hear people saying otherwise, i'll give it a try.

yeah i could do without another annoying kyle argument with a million links and rude personal attacks.

but back to the album, i haven't listen to it yet...probably never will. i feel like i already know exactly what it sounds like and i hate it. if i hear people saying otherwise, i'll give it a try.

ahah i can pretty much confirm this for you. do not even bother.

Most of you saying the album sucks are the same ones that have stated numerous times that you've been saying fuck this band since American Idiot. Did you really expect to like this album or do you just want something to hate on? I mean hey if so then that's totally your right and opinion but it's like okay we get, you hate Green Day, is it so hard to just bite your tongue and move on? I guess it's pointless to expect this though on a Blink site.

i already stated that i liked American Idiot and that everything has been a rehash since. 21st Century being an AI rehash and this album being their 90s rehash. keep in mind that these aren't good rehashes.

i also stated earlier today that i'd listen to the album with an open mind. i did and it proved my previous assumption to be correct.

Most of you saying the album sucks are the same ones that have stated numerous times that you've been saying fuck this band since American Idiot. Did you really expect to like this album or do you just want something to hate on? I mean hey if so then that's totally your right and opinion but it's like okay we get, you hate Green Day, is it so hard to just bite your tongue and move on? I guess it's pointless to expect this though on a Blink site.

Dude, I loved and still love American Idiot.  I think a few choice songs from 21CB are fucking fantastic.  Though that album overall blew.  What I feel about this album is its a total yawn.  Not terrible, but not a single song stands out like the few fantastic songs on 21CB.  I'm being as objective as possible.  I listen to this band because they are capable of great music, you only need look back to as recently as Foxboro Hottubs to see that they can still put out a fantastic album through and through.  But for whatever reason, the quality of Green Day music has been on the decline, and nothing literally nothing, on this album reverses that thought for me.  But I was incredibly open minded when I listened to it.  Its not the worst thing in the world, but its not good. 

If you want to interpret that as me hating Green Day... then ok... but I'm still going to download the leaks of Dos and Tre and listen to them ASAP in hopes of hearing some great music, even if its only a few tracks.  Afterall, my Samsung Galaxy player still has the few tracks from 21CB that I like on it, though none of the shit that I don't.  I think what you need to realize is that people have certain standards for this band, and they just aren't meeting them anymore.  Its not at all about hating them at all.  (Though as individuals I certainly no longer like Billie or Tre, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate their music when it is good).

I wish they would just make another Warning album. Nuclear Family is kind of close to that sound but billie's voice is just really irritating now. He uses a lot of high pitches which i don't like which just sounds weird.

I liked American Idiot when it first came out but grew out of it and it just got overplayed for me... i also was like 14 or 15 at the time so i was a lot more into then. I gave 21st Century a listen and i kind of enjoyed some of the songs on that one better but this album i just can't get into. I gave it a try and kept it open mind but also all the songs they released before i didn't even like.