Green Day begin recording new album

allsystemsgo

After some more listens I like it quite a bit. I went in expecting mild disappointment and can honestly say I like every song. I can see why some wouldn't though. Easily miles ahead of 21CB

Overall it doesn't suck nearly as much as 21CB.  But 21CB still had some great standout songs (21 Guns, Last of the American Girls, See The Light, Peacemakers, and  The Static Age), Uno however, doesn't have a single track except maybe Nuclear Family that I can isolate and say yeah, thats good shit and I wanna hear that song again and again right now.  So in a lot of ways I wouldn't say its miles ahead of 21CB, but overall its not a crummy album like I'd say the majority of 21CB is.  Obviously I'm conflicted, but I think you get my overall point.

Hey we're all entitled to our opinions. Of the 21CB songs you listed I only liked Static Age. This is by far the best album by them but I'm not upset about it. I can accept it.

Well, someone's post has been deleted but ok, I'm going to say it anyways. I've been reading that the only band/artist that was cut on their performance time was Green Day. They were planned for 25 minutes and at the end, they were cut for only 18 minutes. Rest of artists were respected. So, if I was them, I would be that pissed or more (supposing that's the onlye and real reason, you know). That's just not fair.

Pretty understandable that they'd be pissed off getting their set cut short. Shitty thing to do, especially doing it whilst they're playing.

Thoughts on the new album now I've listened to it a good few times - not brilliant, but I quite like it. It's definitely grown on me. There's a lot of old Green Day sounds in there, but they never quite get to being as exciting as their older stuff. Better than expected after the first few songs were released (they've also grown on me, but the repetitive choruses feel like wasted opportunities).

Alright we'll aside from them looking like total retards, I've listened to the album a few times now. And I'll put on my flame retardant suit cause I know it's coming, but I actually really like the album. To me it's almost maybe like their bsides album Shenanigans with some bits and pieces of other albums prior to AI. And also adding newer sounds. Was never a fan of 21st century except a few songs. Am I the only one that is actually really enjoying this album?

Thats nothing new. At my show Billie showed his ass, pulled his pants down like that, simulated masturbating to orgasm, kissed 13 year old boys on the lips. Yeah. its kind of stupid, but I'd rather he was over the top than if he just stood there (like most middle aged men)

greenday.jpg?w=938&h=420&crop=1

This picture seriously make me want to vomit. gross old men covered in foundation looking like complete douche bags. ugh.

They aren't really "old men". They are just way too old to try and pass themselves as teenagers. You'll find as you get older, that 40 isn't really old. JFK was 46 when he became president and everyone called him young. Its relative.

Billie needs to grow the fuck up.  I honestly don't give much a shit what you wear.  You wanna black your eyes, fine thats kind of a rockstar thing to do in reality.  I'm not gonna fault Kiss for wearing makeup 99% of their career.  But seriously, pulling down your pants?  Simulating masturbation?  Thats not what I come to see, and frankly if I had a daughter in her early teens at these concerts I think I'd be mortified that she was seeing such shit.

As for Billie's tirade.  I'm conflicted.  It is bullshit that they cut them short.  But there are so many better ways he could have handled that situation.  Dropping a bunch of F-bombs doesn't solve shit except to let us know that you're upset, and frankly he looks like a big baby by doing so.  Again though it is ridiculous that only they got cut short, don't understand why they would do that at all.

If he didn't, you'd guys would complain that they're not fun anymore. Like Mark and Tom, they HAVE TO DO JOKES OR IT AINT BLINK NO MORE.

Dude I can't imagine I would ever make an argument that if a guy isn't showing off his dick he isn't fun anymore.

This. I'm well aware he's been doing this for years. But what mike said here and in his previous post I agree with.