Green Day begin recording new album

allsystemsgo

Billie needs to grow the fuck up.  I honestly don't give much a shit what you wear.  You wanna black your eyes, fine thats kind of a rockstar thing to do in reality.  I'm not gonna fault Kiss for wearing makeup 99% of their career.  But seriously, pulling down your pants?  Simulating masturbation?  Thats not what I come to see, and frankly if I had a daughter in her early teens at these concerts I think I'd be mortified that she was seeing such shit.

As for Billie's tirade.  I'm conflicted.  It is bullshit that they cut them short.  But there are so many better ways he could have handled that situation.  Dropping a bunch of F-bombs doesn't solve shit except to let us know that you're upset, and frankly he looks like a big baby by doing so. Again though it is ridiculous that only they got cut short, don't understand why they would do that at all.

Being cut when someone as Usher passed his time on stage and the show did nothing, it's kinda pissing, I guess... I mean, you need to cut whose who passes the limits, not the ones who are just doing their job. That's what happened, as some people is reporting. My question is: what do people would have done in that case?

I just watched the whole thing with them stopping the song. Billie is such an arrogant douchebag. I agree that it was wrong of them to cut him short, but his reaction was just so childish and immature. What an arrogant piece of shit. That entire thing was just an ego show, his fragile ego got brused so he had to prove he was a tough guy.

Oh wow, you've been around since 1988? With any luck, your band won't be around much longer. Douchebag.

I am sure he smashed the guitar because they paid for it too. Fucking prick.

I just watched the whole thing with them stopping the song. Billie is such an arrogant douchebag. I agree that it was wrong of them to cut him short, but his reaction was just so childish and immature. What an arrogant piece of shit. That entire thing was just an ego show, his fragile ego got brused so he had to prove he was a tough guy.

Oh wow, you've been around since 1988? With any luck, your band won't be around much longer. Douchebag.

I agree with you, I can understand them being cut off was wrong. But like you said ego set in that was more of a show then anything. Going all punk rawkkkkkk and cursing and breaking my guitar. Been around since 88 just rambling non sense. Felt like I was watching a little kid trying t show off to his friends.

Yea he was being cocky and well he does kind of have a point since him and Green Day both just worked their way up through the DIY movement. Unlike Usher/Rihanna or Justin Bieber who pretty much were made by the record companies to get money.

That's an arrogant statement - I don't know about Usher, but I do no Rihanna and Justin Bieber both are extremely talented and were very lucky to have gotten spotten. JB would make consistent videos on youtube to showcase his talent, and Rihanna would perform in her native town (..Jamaica? SOmething like that) until she got spotted with talent. Both of those people are in a sense "rags to riches" stories in my opinion, but obviously had tremendous help into being molded to what the record companies wanted them to be...which happens to almost any mainstream band. blink-182 with TOYPAJ for example...

I agree with you, I can understand them being cut off was wrong. But like you said ego set in that was more of a show then anything. Going all punk rawkkkkkk and cursing and breaking my guitar. Been around since 88 just rambling non sense. Felt like I was watching a little kid trying t show off to his friends.

Yes, I agree. Before I clicked the video I figured he said "fuck" once or twice and walked off. That would have been ok. It was wrong of them to cut the band off and I think he had a right to be annoyed.

But to sit up there for like 2 minutes and throw a diva fit complete with guitar smashing was just really pathetic and childish.

I'm a little bit disheartened by the video. There really is no defending it honestly. Yeah it's screwed up that they got cut short so just play anyway, not like they haven't before. Either that or do it the Muse way and be passive agressive about things and be funny. Just screams of some little douche at school being yelled at and flipping shit for no apparent reason.

that picture of billie joe is pathetic. i probably would consider it funny if it wasn't for the fact that 99% of the shit that green day does is calculated for publicity and the "scene" (whatever retarded scene they are trying to fit into these days).

gross old men. the modern incarnation of the stereotypical "lame old rock band." my kids will look at green day the same way i look at gay 80s bands. sad.

that picture of billie joe is pathetic. i probably would consider it funny if it wasn't for the fact that 99% of the shit that green day does is calculated for publicity and the "scene" (whatever remarded scene they are trying to fit into these days).

gross old men. the modern incarnation of the stereotypical "lame old rock band." my kids will look at green day the same way i look at ethan 80s bands. sad.

That is the bottom line with them. They are SO fake. Even when you look at pictures of them it is always posed a certain way. Other bands can just stand there and look normal. Grren Day has to put on layers of makeup and convey a certain image.

Mike picks up his bass to smash it, but only after he sees Billie doing it. They are a bunch of assholes and I think all three of them have pretty low IQ's.

I think what pisses me off the most about that, is that he cuts off finishing the song Basket Case to throw his temper tantrum.  They absolutely could have finished the song, and even had a few seconds left to be pissed off.  But instead he has to just be a big fucking baby.  Seriously ridiculous.