Cliff Diving Studio Version + Carol Heller

FightGravity

I wish we knew why she really didn't join.  I think it would have taken the album to the next level.

she wanted to have a kid

yeah, and she did.  If she would have joined, i do get the feeling that +44 would have been something of a bigger deal, because I get the opinion it would have been the two of them as the frontmen (for lack of a better word), and they both would have worked more aggressively

toward getting the word of the band out. 

Still, without her in the band, I do like the presence that she has in Make You Smile and very faintly in Weatherman.  As well as the No It Isn't Demo, and the Cliff Diving demo of course.

I'm pretty sure Mark said that he and Travis were planning to do +44 as a side project before blink broke up.  So I also get the feeling that had blink stayed together, this album WYHSB, would have been that electric album Mark had initially talked about.  But when blink disbanded, Mark still needed an outlet for the similar type of music he was making on self titled, so he made +44 an extension of that instead, and thus you see perhaps too why Carol left. 

It seems a lot of things may have been at play, but I do believe the split was amicable, otherwise I don't think her song would have been included on the album.

I wish we knew why she really didn't join.  I think it would have taken the album to the next level.

she wanted to have a kid

yeah, and she did.  If she would have joined, i do get the feeling that +44 would have been something of a bigger deal, because I get the opinion it would have been the two of them as the frontmen (for lack of a better word), and they both would have worked more aggressively

toward getting the word of the band out. 

Still, without her in the band, I do like the presence that she has in Make You Smile and very faintly in Weatherman.  As well as the No It Isn't Demo, and the Cliff Diving demo of course.

Totally agree, she would have taken the music to another level.  With her in the band the sound wouldn't be so one-sided, they would have Carol to bring her stuff to the table as well. Mark and her trading off vocals, harmonizing and shizz. It would be kinda like with him and Tom.