Birthday Topics

n i k u

i didnt go to community college....I was good enough to get into University straight away :P

Enjoy

to be fair though, FFA is the main section of these boards unless blink are actually doing something. If someone has such a fit about where a topic is moved create a poll about it etc let the board decide if the people in charge can't agree.

i didnt go to community college....I was good enough to get into University straight away :P

Enjoy

to be fair though, FFA is the main section of these boards unless blink are actually doing something. If someone has such a fit about where a topic is moved create a poll about it etc let the board decide if the people in charge can't agree.

This.

All cats are born with blue eyes.

And cats are amazing.

• 1 month later...

its peoples own faults for not posting in the birthday section. its a shame people are too lazy to click one step further to post a birthday wish. youd think if people actually gave a shit and werent on autopilot posting in every topic "happy birthday!", this wouldnt be an issue.

if it makes you feel better, post birthday topics in FFA when they are started and once the persons birthday is over we can move it to the birthday shout outs section.

lol..are you really going to blaming the actual posters themselves for being too lazy? first you make a section when nobody asked for it, and then nobody gets their birthday wishes, then you say that it's their fault for not being able to go to the new section, and then apparently the rest of the people who don't do that don't "actually" give a shit..and then "if it makes me feel better".. we should go and do extra work to move topics when, again, nobody even wanted this extra section in the first place..

so basically you just keep meddling with shit that doesn't need to be meddled with, and then belittle the people that can't accomodate with it, and then make us feel like we're the ones being all butthurt when we don't like it.. even though we're just voicing our opinion on something that happened without anyones consensus..

dude, are you just trying to make this entire forum your b.itch?

i've already voiced my opinion, but yeah, a section for happy birthdays is completely unnecessary and has already resulted in a huge lag in actually telling someone happy birthday.

there is absolutely zero downside to posting happy birthdays in FFA. they stay up for a week, people give their well wishes, and the thread disappears. as it stands now, it is a waste of time to even make a happy birthday topic because only niku and like 5 other people will actually see it.

Again, this is another irritating display of forced power and control over these boards. You always think you're acting so diplomatic by giving people options, but they are options given under YOUR choices, and after the fact you have already made YOUR actions. You're proposing a solution to a board that has already been created, so you've already exerted your control, so the only choices we have to do is deal with it, and then take the remaining options that come after the decision you made without anyone's consent.

Why don't I just make a separate section that says "niku topics", and then move all of your topics in there? And then after that's been done and you don't like it, then I can say: well, here's a solution for you, you can make your topics and then move them into the Niku section later. And then if you complain about it, it's your fault.

This logic is so blindly clear, I don't know what you're trying to argue against.

Oh, and another minor case of power tripping: stop locking this topic. People can talk about it if they want to, there's no rules being broken here, except the rule that we can't annoy you about decision we don't like, which isn't really a real rule.

i dont see what the issue is with posting your birthday topics in ffa and then moving them after the birthday is over.

also, do you even realize why i made the birthday section? its nice to be able to go back and find birthday topics people made for you and shit, rather than having to wade through the clutter of millions of pages of free for all.

either do the solution i propose, or dont. the birthday topics section is gonna stay there. this was locked cause people couldnt stay on topic. if you really wanna talk more about this, pm me. i dont see why there should be any more further discussion when im offering you a solution to post birthday topics in ffa and then they get moved.

Hold on a second, Supervic....

He heard the points brought to the table, is saying it's fine to post the birthday topics in FFA and that he's gonna go out of his way to after they've remained in FFA for a while then move the topics into a section that archives Birthday topics.  I don't see the problem at all with that. He's not forcing his power, he's doing what is asked of him, and doing the extra thing of archiving these topics. I understand some debates, and welcome most from the perspective where both sides have the potential to be right, but he really has done nothing wrong here.

Well first of all, why do people need to search for old birthday topics anyway? What needs to be resurfaced from those topics, when there isn't anything discussed and needs a record of?

The rest are fair arguments, but only retrospectively after the major action has been done. This is the type of thing that irritates me that Niku does, is that he always does things with his admin powers, and the only options anybody has is the ones he gives us AFTER the fact, but the initial decisions he makes is irreversible and non-negotiable. At best, all we can do is deal with the cards he lays on the table for us.

I'm obviously not going to lose any sleep over where the birthday topics are, but this is just another move that fits under the same type of stuff that happens again and again which I, and others, don't feel comfortable with, and I'm just speaking out against it as a matter of principle. Unfortunately, the majorly unsatisfying part is that I, and others, can say whatever they want about it, but once a Niku move has been made, then too bad so sad, end of debate - lock the topic and go cry about it on your own, is the message. Also: I, or all opposers, just "don't understand" or we "don't know him", which is supposed to be some catch all argument instead of actually debating the points presented.