New Motion City Soundtrack Album (Go)

blink--182

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This song is great, it has a great hook and it is somewhat mellow to some of their "harder", faster stuff, but I like it.  It is a great step in their careers, in my opinion, at leat until I can hear the album, Commit This to Memory, is their masterpiece, I don't think they will ever top that album, but their last two have been "meh" to me, this sounds great and it has a great, catchy hook and hopefully, this will be some more of the motion city that I love.

i think this is the album that should have followed EIIKM

here's why i didn't like MDL:

-justin's new style of singing (only present on two songs on Go)

-hardly any moog (a better rip of Go will reveal it's presence this time around)

-the shitty lyrics. "Worker Bee", "History Lesson", "@!#?@!", and "Hysteria" are just all around terrible songs imo.

-lacked almost everything present in the first three albums, besides some of the aggression....which was ruined by bad lyrics and vocal melodies.

-the drums were recorded last because of tony's broken arm. mark's producing job seemed pretty rushed as he was caught up in the preparation for blink's reunion tour.

mix all of that with the pressure from a major label and you have an album with no lasting value whatsoever. if one were to hold all five albums up to one another to see which one doesn't fit, it would be MDL.

I really think Mark Hoppus should be there producer because he really their sound on CTTM and when EITKM came out it they lost that sound and with MDL they got their sound from CTTM back.

Mark Hoppus is like what Jerry Finn was for blink with MCS

those albums are complete opposites in every way though. stand too close is the only similar song. worker bee sounded like a bad re-attempt at attractive today