Bouncing Souls - Comet

Meltdown Tracker

its not a bad song... i like the bass in it.. still pretty much the same BS song you will always here.

True, the sound is definitely BS.  It's just, the lyrics don't flow all that well IMO, and the song seems very segregated as if they recorded different sections and then put them all together.  Like, at 2:15, that bit sounds like BS but it seems very forced into the song.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 years later...

Listening to Anchors Aweigh lately and it holds up. The guitar outro to Simple Man, along with Night Train, Highway Kings, Anchors Aweigh, I’m From There, and Apartment 5F are top tunes. They have a knack for writing incredibly simple songs that can hit you right in the feels. 

Their recent acoustic album covering some of their hits was also pretty good. This band is fucking great 

• Love 1

10 hours ago, Slave of the Week Day said:

Listening to Anchors Aweigh lately and it holds up. The guitar outro to Simple Man, along with Night Train, Highway Kings, Anchors Aweigh, I’m From There, and Apartment 5F are top tunes. They have a knack for writing incredibly simple songs that can hit you right in the feels. 

Their recent acoustic album covering some of their hits was also pretty good. This band is fucking great 

The Bouncing Souls will always be one of my favorite bands of all time. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 1:15 AM, FAP said:

Hell yea. I’ve recently been getting more into them. I saw a small acoustic set they did on YouTube and it was awesome. 

Everyone else will tell you that How I Spent My Summer Vacation is their best record, but if you're not too familiar with The Gold Record, you should check it out, it's a straight up classic and filled with hit after hit.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Everyone else will tell you that How I Spent My Summer Vacation is their best record, but if you're not too familiar with The Gold Record, you should check it out, it's a straight up classic and filled with hit after hit.

I will check that one out next! How I Spent My Summer Vacation is basically the only one I’ve listened to so far. Also I dig the song Ghost on the Boardwalk, I think that’s from a different time or album 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FAP said:

I will check that one out next! How I Spent My Summer Vacation is basically the only one I’ve listened to so far. Also I dig the song Ghost on the Boardwalk, I think that’s from a different time or album 

That's another good song. If you go through their discography, you'll find out they're pretty great at making feel good punk rock records, with bright melodies and optimistic and encouraging lyrics.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2022 at 4:31 PM, FAP said:

I love their discography. Don’t sleep on their album split with Anti-Flag, I don’t think it’s on most streaming services unfortunately though. Pretty much every album from that split to present day are solid.

Ghost on the Boardwalk is great. I remember when that album came out, the band dropped a song every month and it was for a certain anniversary for the band. They self-produced the album so it has some warts on how it sounds. The latter half of Never Say Die is fucking great.

My favourite albums are probably the Gold Album, the album split with Anti-Flag, How I Spent My Summer Vacation, Anchors Aweigh, and Comet. Most of their earlier stuff is a bit more raw and rough, but definitely still have some great tunes here and there. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 11/18/2022 at 7:40 PM, Elisa said:

That's another good song. If you go through their discography, you'll find out they're pretty great at making feel good punk rock records, with bright melodies and optimistic and encouraging lyrics.

Hell yea, I love it! I will def dive deeper into their catalogue 

• Love 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...