Breaking Bad Season 5 (SPOILER ALERT)

shane

Given the choice I'd rather go with a fast acting poison, over a bullet to the brain (I dunno if ricin would be painful or not, but for some reason I imagined it would be, but you may be right, it could be very painful).  I mean no matter how fast a shot to the head is, I imagine that there is a split second of the worst pain imaginable, but maybe not.

Doubt it, unless you botch it. How would the brain react to that pain, if there was no brain left? Even if there was, a spilt second is not enough time for the body to even react to pain.

Slow poison is worse.

That being said, I think living things generally suffer horribly at some point in their lives. They are lucky if they don't. I've been in physical agony for extended periods of time and I think it kind of comes with the territory of living. Point being, I don't look at pain as a punishment. I look at being pain free as a gift.

Well fair enough, but think about it this way.  Don't you think that Walt thinks Heisenberg should suffer even if that means he himself should suffer.  Walt wouldn't take the easy way out cuz its the coward's way out, and Heisenberg is anything but a coward and I'm sure Walt thinks that he himself should feel horrible pain.

Brains don't feel pain. Or heat or touch or anything. They don't have nerve endings or whatever you want to call them.

Yeah, but there are plenty of pain receptors between the skin on your head and your brain obviously. It is just that by the time your brain had a chance to send pain signals you'd already be brain dead.

Yeah, but there are plenty of pain receptors between the skin on your head and your brain obviously. It is just that by the time your brain had a chance to send pain signals you'd already be brain dead.

Yes, but it is also a fact that time is relative.  No one knows what its like to be killed with a shot to the brain, but its not hard to imagine that time could slow down in your perspective and be incredibly painful.

Time could slow down? Okay.

Theory of relativity man.  First off, time isn't an actual thing, it is inconsistent depending on how fast you are moving.  Its not hard to imagine that at your moment of death, you feel like a much longer time is occurring than actually is, based on what many that have had near death experiences have said.  I dunno about a gun shot to the head, but I can't discredit the thought that at your final moment your brain enters a dream like state so that time seems to go by much slower (which can explain why people say their lives flash before their eyes).  Its the same kind of idea behind the drug DMT, even though it last a very short time, because your brain enters into essentially a dream that you have much more memory of and control of, a much much longer period of time seems to occur than actually does.  Your brain is capable of some truly amazing things, thats why some dreams can seem like it takes place over weeks as opposed to the eight hours of sleep you are truly getting.

Theory of relativity man.  First off, time isn't an actual thing, it is inconsistent depending on how fast you are moving.  Its not hard to imagine that at your moment of death, you feel like a much longer time is occurring than actually is, based on what many that have had near death experiences have said.  I dunno about a gun shot to the head, but I can't discredit the thought that at your final moment your brain enters a dream like state so that time seems to go by much slower (which can explain why people say their lives flash before their eyes).  Its the same kind of idea behind the drug DMT, even though it last a very short time, because your brain enters into essentially a dream that you have much more memory of and control of, a much much longer period of time seems to occur than actually does.  Your brain is capable of some truly amazing things, thats why some dreams can seem like it takes place over weeks as opposed to the eight hours of sleep you are truly getting.

Other than your first 2 seconds, nothing you said has anything to do with relativity.

Again, even if shooting yourself in the head makes time slow down and hurts, please go back and read the symptoms of ricin poisoning. Your proteins misfold and slowly all of your organs shut down over the course of days until you die. I can't imagine thats less painful or a shorter process than a bullet. 

Other than your first 2 seconds, nothing you said has anything to do with relativity.

Again, even if shooting yourself in the head makes time slow down and hurts, please go back and read the symptoms of ricin poisoning. Your proteins misfold and slowly all of your organs shut down over the course of days until you die. I can't imagine thats less painful or a shorter process than a bullet. 

I never said I was explaining the theory of relativity lol.  I was only saying that Time is relative, and the theory states that.  And then I went into an explanation of what many have said they feel before a near death, and then I explained the drug DMT and how dreams can seem much longer than they really are.  What I was doing was pointing to MULTIPLE reasons why what I said is completely possible and understandable.  I don't know if its the case, but yes I think that at the moment of death, your brain could quickly trigger that dream like response, it makes sense, I may be dead wrong, I haven't been shot in the brain, none of us have, and I haven't been in a near death situation, but its something that I believe that before you die, time will seemingly slow down.

So you're saying that the moment you pull the trigger, the brain quickly goes into a dream state before the bullet blows your brain out. And then the brain slows down time to make things extra painful before you die. What a scumbag.

More or less, yes, that may exactly be what happens.  I don't know, I can't stress that enough, but based on lots of theories and people's experiences in near death situations, I have to wonder, I really do, if time seems to pass at an incredibly slow rate to yourself.

If ricin is portrayed in the show when Hector's crew died as quickly knocking them all out and killing them, I'm guessing they would maintain that alleged affect if Walter were to take it.

Wasn't it ricin that they used at the pool party? No smell or scent, impossible to trace without forewarning..

I have money down on this ending; Walts saves Jesse and kills the nazi's, kills the Grey Matter heads with ricin and confesses to save Skylar, which also allows him to explain himself in his own words rather than anyone else (ego sustained), then finally dying of cancer in custody.