Breaking Bad Season 5 (SPOILER ALERT)

shane

Grey Matter is where this whole thing started so it makes sense to me to end with a move on them, plus bringing them back in the latest episode seemed very intentional.  Someone from the pool is going to take the money for being closest, so its as good as gambling on anything else.

Its so interesting how Grey Matter seemed like such a small thing, but it really is the catalyst that made Walt want to get into the Empire business, and not the money or drug business.  If everything else remained the same and Grey Matter never existed, I have no doubt that he would have never gone down the route he did.

Not to mention they also float the idea that the early labs might be where his cancer is from.  I wasn't thinking they were targets until the last scene of the lastest episode, its obviously very important that it was the Grey Matter heads that sparked Heisenburg back into action.

For the record, if they die that's bull shit. They found out about his cancer and pleaded him to take a job there. He left the company wanting to, not being forced out. Finding out all the shit he's done impacted them the same way hank was and they had no choice but to say what the did.

For the record, if they die that's bull shit. They found out about his cancer and pleaded him to take a job there. He left the company wanting to, not being forced out. Finding out all the shit he's done impacted them the same way hank was and they had no choice but to say what the did.

lol you say this as if Walt has never done something that you could consider bullshit

Grey Matter is where this whole thing started so it makes sense to me to end with a move on them, plus bringing them back in the latest episode seemed very intentional.  Someone from the pool is going to take the money for being closest, so its as good as gambling on anything else.

I really think that Walt poisoning Elliott and Gretchen would take too much time out of the episode for it to be pulled off effectively. If he is going to attack them it'll be something quicker and much less controlled (eg: burning their house down ). Although I really don't think he'll go after them, the final seen seemed far more like their TV interview made Walt realise how bad he's become. As someone on reddit put it, he wasn't angry at them for what they said. He agreed.

Side note, has anyone actually watched Low Winter Sun? 

I really think that Walt poisoning Elliott and Gretchen would take too much time out of the episode for it to be pulled off effectively. If he is going to attack them it'll be something quicker and much less controlled (eg: burning their house down ). Although I really don't think he'll go after them, the final seen seemed far more like their TV interview made Walt realise how bad he's become. As someone on reddit put it, he wasn't angry at them for what they said. He agreed.

Side note, has anyone actually watched Low Winter Sun? 

I wouldn't agree that Walt agreed with their statments at all.  Imo he got upset over what he would consider being slander.  Walt still thinks he's a good guy.  He had already decided to turn himself in before he saw the interview, which would have allowed him to tell his story and clean up the slander anyways.  He left to pursue some evil vengence, that im sure of, and it likely wouldnt be a small move like burning down their house considering the amount of effort itll take him to return to town on his own.  Imo the only options that would satisfy Walt would be either their death or the destruction of their company.  It'd take the same amount of screen time to do either and as far as im concerned it is a loose end, and vince has promised all loose ends will be tied.

I wouldn't agree that Walt agreed with their statments at all.  Imo he got upset over what he would consider being slander.  Walt still thinks he's a good guy.  He had already decided to turn himself in before he saw the interview, which would have allowed him to tell his story and clean up the slander anyways.  He left to pursue some evil vengence, that im sure of, and it likely wouldnt be a small move like burning down their house considering the amount of effort itll take him to return to town on his own.  Imo the only options that would satisfy Walt would be either their death or the destruction of their company.  It'd take the same amount of screen time to do either and as far as im concerned it is a loose end, and vince has promised all loose ends will be tied.

So instead of going after a bunch of scumbag nazis, walt should go after two innocent people and either kill them or ruin their lives? Not really.

I really wouldn't find it convincing if Walt went after them. First off, they are 100% innocent. Second, I don't think Walt really ever hated them.....his whole speech on Grey matter blamed himself.

I felt like that whole scene was just the catalyst for him to go back......he saw that he had nothing left at all but his life (which he will lose soon to cancer) so he figured he might as well go "all in" and, be remember in one way or another.

• Like 1