Breaking Bad Season 5 (SPOILER ALERT)

shane

So instead of going after a bunch of scumbag nazis, walt should go after two innocent people and either kill them or ruin their lives? Not really.

Yea thats EXACTLY what i said.... :/

What are they guilty of? Walt sold his own share for 5000 dollars, nobody forced him to do anything.

Its not about what they did or didn't do, it's Walt's perception of them that matters here.  We all spent about 3-4 seasons totally rooting for a Meth cook here.  This show isn't about doing the right or wrong thing, it's about seeing what a man does when he is pushed to his limits.

What are they guilty of? Walt sold his own share for 5000 dollars, nobody forced him to do anything.

Yeah, and Walt was still friends with them at the beginning of the show. They did nothing to warrant any type of retribution after that. Unless offering to pay for your medical bills could be considered a terrible thing.

I think if Walt went after them it would be totally irrational and would be the thing that made me turn against him (which I have a feeling will happen in the last episode)

Yeah, and Walt was still friends with them at the beginning of the show. They did nothing to warrant any type of retribution after that. Unless offering to pay for your medical bills could be considered a terrible thing.

I think if Walt went after them it would be totally irrational and would be the thing that made me turn against him (which I have a feeling will happen in the last episode)

You don't hate Walt yet?  You were totally fine with him letting Jane die?

I know his split from Grey Matter was never fully fleshed out so supposing exactly where Walt's head is at isn't easy, but I got the feeling even from the start that there was sustained animosity in Walt's world over it.  Whether or not it was a nice gesture, I don't think Walt particularily thought of the offer to pay his bills was nice.

Anyways, I'm gonna butt out right now, I've said what I think/hope happens and I don't want to feel like I need it to happen for the sake of this conversation, I'm just going to let Vince do his thing and blow me away like usual.  I'll catch up with you guys after the show is done.

Anyway, here's my prediction. Walt shoots nazis with that big ass gun, kills uncle Jack after saying something like "this is for hank", saves Jesse and forgives him, gets shot by Todd, Jesse kills Todd. Jesse lives and takes care of the kid. Walt's family mourns Walt and Hank at the funeral, followed by some kind of happy epilogue. Don't really know where the ricin comes in though.

You don't hate Walt yet?  You were totally fine with him letting Jane die?

I know his split from Grey Matter was never fully fleshed out so supposing exactly where Walt's head is at isn't easy, but I got the feeling even from the start that there was sustained animosity in Walt's world over it.  Whether or not it was a nice gesture, I don't think Walt particularily thought of the offer to pay his bills was nice.

Anyways, I'm gonna butt out right now, I've said what I think/hope happens and I don't want to feel like I need it to happen for the sake of this conversation, I'm just going to let Vince do his thing and blow me away like usual.  I'll catch up with you guys after the show is done.

Jane would have died of an OD at some point anyway, and it is likely she would have taken Jesse with her. Walt was really under no obligation to help her. Never mind the fact that she blackmailed Walt and threatening to reveal even after the money was turned over. She killed herself by choosing to take drugs.

Jane would have died of an OD at some point anyway, and it is likely she would have taken Jesse with her. Walt was really under no obligation to help her. Never mind the fact that she blackmailed Walt and threatening to reveal even after the money was turned over. She killed herself by choosing to take drugs.

Letting someone die in front of you now because they possibly would have died later anyways and being cool with that is a pretty cold perspective, dude.  I honestly don't see that as a defence for Walt's actions.  For the record, she did not threaten to reveal after the transaction, theywould have just run away to New Zealand and got hella high, end of story.  Who knows, maybe they would have cleaned up (Im not saying its likely but we don't know it couldnt have happened, Jane was clean at her introduction and Jesse did very well after he successfully cleaned up).  But Walt needed Jesse to stay to cook meth so he let her die :/  posterchild of compassion right there...

Lets just get this straight, you are currently rooting for Walt?  You said you haven't turned on him yet.  Just because we understand why Walt is doing what he is doing doesn't mean we have to feel good about his choices, and knowing he has good intentions doesn't make him any less of a bad guy.  Would you mind expanding on your perspective of WW?  Maybe I misinterpretted your comment.

Letting someone die in front of you now because they possibly would have died later anyways and being cool with that is a pretty cold perspective, dude.  I honestly don't see that as a defence for Walt's actions.  For the record, she did not threaten to reveal after the transaction, theywould have just run away to New Zealand and got hella high, end of story.  Who knows, maybe they would have cleaned up (Im not saying its likely but we don't know it couldnt have happened, Jane was clean at her introduction and Jesse did very well after he successfully cleaned up).  But Walt needed Jesse to stay to cook meth so he let her die :/  posterchild of compassion right there...

Lets just get this straight, you are currently rooting for Walt?  You said you haven't turned on him yet.  Just because we understand why Walt is doing what he is doing doesn't mean we have to feel good about his choices, and knowing he has good intentions doesn't make him any less of a bad guy.  Would you mind expanding on your perspective of WW?  Maybe I misinterpretted your comment.

She did leave open the possibility of spilling Walt's secrets. I am not saying it was necessarily right that Walt let her die, but I can't really fault him either.

Yeah, in a sense I am rooting for Walt. Mostly because he is the dynamic lead character and I can't imagine watching the show rooting against Walt. Wouldn't make sense from my perspective. I can't imagine going into the show tonight hoping for Walt to lose. I mean, he has already lost everything. I am not exactly sure what would be the point of saying "geez I hope Walt doesn't do anything bad and just dies a quiet death". That would be a boring ending. That being said he isn't really a good person anymore.

I love how they wrapped up everything and really left no regrets in stuff we didn't get to see what happened. Walt got one last conversation with Skylar, he got one last confrontation with Jesse, the nazi's got what they deserved, Jesse got to kill Todd....etc.

Might have wanted to see Marie worked into it a bit more, but that is a minor point.

• Like 1