Breaking Bad Season 5 (SPOILER ALERT)

shane

i just finished the series. i thought seasons 1-3 dragged majorly and at one point i stopped watching because i felt that it was dry and repetitive. then seasons 4-5 were fucking awesome. maybe if i revisit the show in the future i will appreciate the earlier episodes more, but i really did find them disappointing

overall, my favorite character was hank and it really felt like shit to see him die the way he did (but it was perfect)

anyone who watches tv has seen all of that before a thousand times. nothing about the first three seasons blew me away. i know that a lot of others feel the same.

as beth said, it was probably more exciting when watching week-to-week.

Please tell me which TV show has a man throwing a pizza on his roof.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

seasons 1-3 did drag

People say this, but the first few seasons are the most important in the show. They make you empathize for Walt and like him as a character, they give you the history of him and his family and how they became so desperate, and it showed the transition from small time drug dealer/manufacturer into drug lord. If they sped up the first few season, people wouldn't root for Walt and he wouldn't be the same anti-hero he becomes, and the drug trade will look a lot less believable. 

The fly episode was the only waste of time IMO.

• 7 months later...