Sign in to follow this  
M!ke

Wreck It Ralph

Anyone else seen this trailer yet? I think it looks awesome, of course I love video games and the talking heads song so that may contribute to why I find the trailer so appealing.  But I will say that for once a 3D animated Disney film looks more exciting than what Pixar is offering this year (though I'm sure brave will still be great).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHDQHVkYq4g#ws

So pumped for this movie. You can tell Disney have done a lot of research in to video games and the characters for this movie. There's character from obvious games like Mortal Kombat and Sonic, then they have a villain from an indie game that, as far as I know, didn't really get that popular (Misery from Cave Story).

Hopefully these characters will have more of a role in the film than a small cameo in 1 scene.

Yeah, its crazy all the licensing rights they got, I mean Bowser and Dr. Robotnik (I will never call him eggman)? That's crazy!  Not to mention all the other video game characters spanning all generations.  I'm loving the integration of video games into other mediums, makes me think of Scott Pilgrim and how awesome that movie and graphic novels were.

id say most the others will be cameo roles but it does look interesting and from what ive heard Brave is a bit of a let down

id say most the others will be cameo roles but it does look interesting and from what ive heard Brave is a bit of a let down

really!? where did you hear that

IGN essentially said its lacking something the likes of Up, Toy Story and Wal-e possess, and its more like a Dreamworks movie than a Pixar movie, but it still has charm and humor.  They gave  a 7 out of 10.

its gotta be better than cars/2?

I'm sure it is.  But I'm looking more forward to Monster Academy, that will be fantastic I'm sure.

Man, seeing Bowser and Robotnik made me smileeeee. Fuck brave, I want the incredibles 2.

Half hour specials are lame. With pixar go movie or go home.

Pixar's never done television before, but every Pixar short before their films are great, so to me they've proven they can create both brilliant feature length films and short 5 minute films, who knows if they can handle anything inbetween.  But i'm sure they'll be better than those lame Shrek TV specials.

Would have been neat if Disney threw in Tron or Kingdom Hearts in that mix...too bad it doesn't look like it.

I'd really love a toy story 3

or a bugs life 2

:mrgreen: i assume you mean 4 but yeah Toy Story films are amazing.

no i was just fucking around, I'm not sure how I'd feel about a 4th movie. However shorts and specials every now and then would be nice