Things you want on the next album.

Fishguts182

I think it just depends on Tom and whether he is willing to commit to spending all of his time with blink for once. I don't want another album being recorded at the same time as an Ava album. Why would he want to feed Ava blinks scraps anyway? Makes no sense to me.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a cohesive fresh sound that still sounds like blink (like the untitled was at the time). more guitar solo-ish things in the bridges (like asthenia). more musical experimentation or more moments for the music to just flow(jam moments if that makes sense). and it would be really cool for songs like "a letter to elise".

and some songs like "feelin this" in that you can tell they've grown as musicians but its still a fun fast song to jam to.

The worst thing about Neighbourhoods in my opinion was Tom's guitar tone. Now I know this thrown back and forth, but I found that it isn't very audible, or clear in the mix and sounds very fuzzy. I think the song Kaleidoscope had more potential, and I would have scrapped the intro to Natives and changed the guitar part. I think when I look back when each member expresses how they feel they have matured I think songs like Fighting Gravity, After Midnight, Love Is Dangerous and Ghost On The Dance Floor were displayed that growth in the band.

Mark's guitar tones were equally bad imo.

I think for the next album they should write more together, get a producer (at least to make sure the songs are uniform on the album), just make it more cohesive overall, and work on the lyrics a bit more (some Neighbourhoods songs lacked lyrically imo, whereas songs like Wishing Well show how good they can still be, just more of that).

Musically I'm fine with whatever direction, more acoustic, more synth, more piano, more guitars, whatever it is I think it will still be good.

I enjoy the lyrics on the album, hearts all gone rules! This is home is a bit awkward, but I agree with what Ghent said, so I like the meaning of the song!

I like the synth more in neighborhoods than in self titled, I enjoy both ghost and this is home more than Always.

I'd like more bridges like Ashtenia/first date too.

More pop punk too, I guess.

I hoping for a song with a really catchy/anthemic guitar riff (a la "futures" - jimmy eat world)

that song rules

also. i want some fucking cool guitar riffs. dont care who writes them but there was nothing for cool riffs cept natives and that riffs been recycled a bit. i was somethin like the anthem pt 2 riff. or the dammit riff, wendy clear, etc. that album is so fucking boring to play on guitar

I understand.  There's something about literally just the three of them playing together that's a whole lot different then when they have multiple guitar/bass/drum tracks.  I'm certainly not saying that multiple tracks is bad, but sometimes it's better for it to be more simplistic, makes it more personal in my opinion.

i want songs the band can play without backing tracks of guitars and stuff as well.

why? how does that affect you?

because i think it sounds better? isnt the topic about things that i want on the album?

I want 100% effort, all in the same room, with a producer. Preferably someone with a reputation like Butch Vig.

as i could say something like why does the producer affect you?

but its your opinion so i did not.

i also just meant that i think the songs transition better live without less going on, take Up All Night all the synth + vocal layers just to me from what ive heard doesnt sound good. The only synthy song they play is ghost which to be fair is intro and interlude so its not really layered to much. Look at the mark tom and travis show, all them songs sound fine with just the bare bones, yes it was made in studio but still.

i want songs the band can play without backing tracks of guitars and stuff as well.

because i think it sounds better? isnt the topic about things that i want on the album?

I want 100% effort, all in the same room, with a producer. Preferably someone with a reputation like Butch Vig.

as i could say something like why does the producer affect you?

but its your opinion so i did not.

I wasn't challenging your opinion, calm down. I'm honestly just curious. Is it a rock purist thing?

I think multiple tracks make live shows sound much better. Especially in a three piece band not known for being good live. I mean, back in the day I would have hated backing tracks, but they're a different band now with a more complex sound.

i think they should get a producer as well. not sure who though. they might not even need one if they all work in the same studio with the same engineers

i don't really expect a certain sound from the album. i prefer them to change it up every time and surprise me. the only time they failed to do that was with TOYPAJ (enema re-hash). but every time they've changed their sound i've been into it, so i probably won't be disappointed. the only thing i disliked about neighborhoods was the uneven sounding production and lack of a "flow" i guess.

i dunno i just think they are more into the songs without the safety net plus i just generally like songs that can be recreated faithfully with just the people in the band live.

i mean i know they expanded etc but i think there was too many guitar tracks on the latest album meaning they couldnt recreate the songs live without backing etc.

It does to the band.

When you (a band) have not background tracks, you are serving yourself and your music. When you have a backing track, your performance serves to the metronome and that track. You can't make the song of your own on that exact moment. You always need to be on track, doing almost the exact things you did over and over again. There's no space for anyone. Sounds good, yeah, but you're not as free as if you didn't use that things.