Australian tour next year.... but with no Travis.

.Andrew.

Fuck this.  It's the beginning of the end again for this band.  When you're drummer is alive and healthy but you decide to use a fill in drummer instead you're gonna have a problem.

It's not like their doing it on purpose, Travis is freaked out by flying and there's nothing we can do about it.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you have a phobia, you're definitely not healthy. it's like you expect one with acrophobia to stand on a rooftop, or a one-legged guy to do triple jump... if travis isn't going there, i can understand it.

but i guess they should do an acoustic tour without travis. just mark and tom. or they should play with a different drummer every night... anyway i'm sure they'll have video chat on stage with travis or somehow he will be involved.

Fuck this.  It's the beginning of the end again for this band.  When you're drummer is alive and healthy but you decide to use a fill in drummer instead you're gonna have a problem.

It's not like their doing it on purpose, Travis is freaked out by flying and there's nothing we can do about it.

It's called facing your fears.  Sure he almost died on a plane but lots of people are afraid of flying for no reason.  If he started flying commercial instead of private there wouldn't be an issue.  He really does need to get over it.

It's called facing your fears.  Sure he almost died on a plane but lots of people are afraid of flying for no reason.  If he started flying commercial instead of private there wouldn't be an issue.  He really does need to get over it.

You have no right to judge Travis for not flying. As you just wrote, lots of people are afraid to fly for no reason, but Travis has a completely understandable reason. It's incredibly insensitive for you to belittle his experience that way. Plus, he doesn't owe anyone anything.

I have to defend Travis here. You guys need to stop. He hated flying to begin with and was the only survivor of a terrib1e plane crash. I am sure he is suffering from really bad PTSD.

You expect him to get back on a plane after that?

Mark and Tom are the dick's here. They should be saying "if Travis isn't there, we don't play, because it isn't Blink 182 without him".

If I was Travis I would be pissed. Maybe Travis is ok with it....or said he was....but deep down, is he really? I don't think anyone can be 100% comfortable with that.

Who the fuck are you to tell someone to get over a fear that materialised because he survived a burning plane wreckage whilst some of his closest friends were killed?! Are you really that fucking insensitive?

Oh you almost died....well I want to see you live so get over yourself.

Fuck off man.

Seeing how his body was badly burned and his closest friend killed, along with with his bodyguard, I would hardly call it an irrational fear.

The guys got a family, he almost died, no matter how 'safe' the plane seems, why would he want to risk that again? I completely understand that he can't/won't fly.

I'm sorry but I don't really have any respect for people with irrational fears such as flying and heights that they let get in the way of their daily life.  Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet so to speak.  A 10 hour plane ride to Australia on a heavily inspected commercial plane along with hundreds of other people won't kill the guy.  Just taking some sleeping pills or anxiety medication.

You don't have any respect for Travis because he's afraid of flying after being in a plane crash that killed 2/3s of its passengers? As far as irrational fears go, Travis' is actually on the more rational side (but it is, technically, still irrational).

You can present all the logic you want. We understand that Travis "shouldn't" be afraid of flying, but he is.

blink without travis is not blink (anymore).

Even as a die hard fan I would not visit a show with tom and mark and some fill in drummer.

I mean it's blink without the only really talented live musician ;)

Still I don't blame Travis at all. I rather blame the band for even considering touring without him. I mean how fucked up is that? After seeing blink live all you hear amongst people leaving the venue is "man their drummer is so awesome". Even if they hire one of the most talented live drummers (josh freese would be my guess) he cannot replace this HUGE part of the blink live show that Travis is.

So many retarded responses here from people with a stupid ideal of blink-182. Travis was in a plane crash where his close friends burnt to death in front of him and he jumped from the plane on fire. God damn, would you want to get on a plane after that? Doubt it.

Travis is clearly selfless. He wants what's best for the fans and the band and I doubt he has ANY ISSUE  with a replacement drummer.

Blink-182 are a band but more importantly they're friends and people. I'm sure Tom and Mark respect his decision. In fact it gives an opportunity to try a new dynamic for a bit, for what will obviously be a small tour, Australia doesn't have loads of big capacity venues as far as I know outside of the major cities. It'd be like 5 days max.

i doubt the tour will even happen. but if it does, i highly doubt travis is against getting a fill-in. he knows fans over there want to see blink and if a fill-in drummer is the only way then so be it. blink/+44 has had fill-ins for travis several times already and there haven't been any issues.

for those against seeing blink with a fill-in, why? there are so many drummers out there who are of equal/better talent than travis and you won't even know he's gone. if anything, it will be cool to hear the songs changed up a bit.

for example (this guy isn't better but it's still cool):

For fuck's sake, Travis jumped out of the damned plane before it eventually crashed, while he was on fire.

If Travis ever got in a bad car crash do you think he would completely stop driving and riding in cars?

Dude you're a fucking idiot. Do you even know what you're talking about? Do you know anything about trauma? Fucking moron.

I am thinking this could be the end of travis with blink. Let's face it, he doesn't fit in anymore....at all.

He also contributes to the band not being able to get anything done.

well to be honest, none of them fit in together anymore. i think blink could (and possibly even would) continue on without travis. their sound would change quite a bit, but their sound changes all the time anyway and i've always been in to it so i wouldn't care.

i think travis knows that blink will never get shit done with tom fucking around, so that's why he goes off and does other things as well. but at the same time, travis is perfectly capable of doing multiple projects at once and still make good time to get into the studio with blink; whereas tom clearly sucks at multitasking.

I just don't think Travis is into blink's music anymore. If you found the right drummer (someone who wasn't constantly busy with a million other rap projects) it could really bring the band together again.

Mark could move to San Diego?

I'm all in. I love travis, but really don't care whether he is blink's drummer or not. The band was good before him, they would be good after him.