Australian tour next year.... but with no Travis.

.Andrew.

I just don't think Travis is into blink's music anymore. If you found the right drummer (someone who wasn't constantly busy with a million other rap projects) it could really bring the band together again.

Mark could move to San Diego?

I'm all in. I love travis, but really don't care whether he is blink's drummer or not. The band was good before him, they would be good after him.

I agree 100%.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For fuck's sake, Travis jumped out of the damned plane before it eventually crashed, while he was on fire.

If Travis ever got in a bad car crash do you think he would completely stop driving and riding in cars?

Dude you're a fucking idiot. Do you even know what you're talking about? Do you know anything about trauma? Fucking moron.

z3UlG.jpg

You have a job that partly relies on worldwide travel but you were scared to fly even before the crash.  If he really wanted to fly he could.

For fuck's sake, Travis jumped out of the damned plane before it eventually crashed, while he was on fire.

If Travis ever got in a bad car crash do you think he would completely stop driving and riding in cars?

Dude you're a fucking idiot. Do you even know what you're talking about? Do you know anything about trauma? Fucking moron.

fuck+me+right+_7781dcca314a64001c3b7d1c1

You have a job that partly relies on worldwide travel but you were scared to fly even before the crash.  If he really wanted to fly he could.

Its easier said then done.

I don't want that Ilan tool to be blink's drummer though. He seems like a self centered drum whore. Travis 2.0.

I think they would be better off with someone humble. They don't need a super star drummer. It is blink-182, not Slayer.

I just don't think Travis is into blink's music anymore. If you found the right drummer (someone who wasn't constantly busy with a million other rap projects) it could really bring the band together again.

Mark could move to San Diego?

I'm all in. I love travis, but really don't care whether he is blink's drummer or not. The band was good before him, they would be good after him.

i agree with all of that, but i don't think mark will ever move back to san diego. i recall there being an interview in 06/07 about why he left there and he had no intentions of moving back. either way, the distance shouldn't keep them in separate studios. they should take a few months and all come together to record (especially with the amount of money they have to travel). tons of bands (with less money) who have members geographically separated do it for every album

Who knows maybe it is.  But I don't think I would let a small fear put boundaries on my life and career.  It just seems so weird. 

Blink is the only band where he actually shows off his drumming skills.

When he was in the Transplants he just sat there the entire show and played one beat. I am not sure how he was happy.

But he certainly seems more into whatever freaked out shit he's got going on ( looking like an 300 yr old mummy) than anything else.

Who knows maybe it is.  But I don't think I would let a small fear put boundaries on my life and career.  It just seems so weird.

A small fear?  Something like a fear of flying, then a near death experience along with that fear is not a small fear.

i think he's one of the best drummers of all time. but blink doesn't need one of the best drummers of all time. all he does is make recording and touring more complicated.

i would miss him, but would welcome a change. it's got to be awkward working with him for mark and tom. i mean ever since +44 broke up, mark hasn't seemed very close to him either. mutual respect, but not friends.

if given the choice between blink or lil wayne, does anyone really think travis would choose blink? that is precisely the problem.

They wouldn't replace Travis, blink's audience grows with Travis - it isn't hindered. They'll do a small tour in Australia and have a fill in drummer, exactly what +44 did when he broke his arm or whatever happened. I don't understand how this is such a big deal to anyone.

They wouldn't replace Travis, blink's audience grows with Travis - it isn't hindered. They'll do a small tour in Australia and have a fill in drummer, exactly what +44 did when he broke his arm or whatever happened. I don't understand how this is such a big deal to anyone.

This is probably what will happen. But you never how shows would go with a different drummer. What if they have more fun?

For them to even consider playing without Travis obviously signals that conversations have taken place.

Before the 2009 reunion I remember Travis was asked whether he planned to continue with blink. His answer was sketch.

This is probably what will happen. But you never how shows would go with a different drummer. What if they have more fun?

For them to even consider playing without Travis obviously signals that conversations have taken place.

Before the 2009 reunion I remember Travis was asked whether he planned to continue with blink. His answer was sketch.

We know the conversation has taken place in any case, as people have asked him this question ever since the plane crash (not to mention he took a boat to Europe, so obviously it was still discussed then). I honestly don't think they're in a bad place with any of the members, and if anything, Travis will use the time off to work on his side projects and get whatever fix he gets outside of blink during the downtime. I personally think Travis would choose blink over his side-projects, he seems to have a lot of fun with Mark and it doesn't seem to take much of his time out of doing his other various projects and collabs.

i'm sure that's true to an extent, but i don't think their audience is going to get any bigger than it already is. who doesn't already know about blink-182?