Marvel Phase II

Fishguts182

Well comic con had the Iron Man 3 panel today and TONS of marvel news revealed. I'm a big comic geek and this news today just was the cherry of top of everything. Here we go.

Thor sequel titled Thor: The Dark World

Captain America sequel titled Captain America: The Winter Soldier (comic fans know who the winter soldier is :wink:)

Iron man 3 footage show, his extremis armor. Villains include Firepower and Coldblood but main villain Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin. Footage showed Tony's house on the cliifside being destroyed by helicopters and his hall of armor being destroyed.

confirmed that iron man 3 will have a lead up to Avengers 2.

Antman test real footage by Edgar Wright shown, sounded awesome so that movie confirmed.

biggest news was the announcement of Guardians of the Galaxy! I shat my pants knew it was coming. Members include.

Gamorra, Star-Lord, Draxx the Destroyer, Groot anddddddd the best Rocket Raccoon!

This link features logos for Cap, Thor, Iron Man 3 and  GOTG plus concept art for GOTG

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/171803-comic-con-guardians-of-the-galaxy-art-marvel-logos-a-iron-man-3-site

I am beyond pumped. marvel has done so well in phase one with the continuity of the films and everything this is a nerds wet dream haha

really surprised they havent announced a new hulk movie as he pretty much stole the show in the avengers.

I'm perfectly fine with that. After norton and marvel and norton couldn't work something out, avengers a was a smash obviously. But hulk can be expanded upon later on.

Damn, Robert Downey Junior has the best job security ever, and he's so freaking cool.  Also, fuck yes to Edgar Wright making Antman, Scott Pilgrim showed the man can do graphic novels justice, plus he's got a great sense of humor.  And yeah, after the Avengers, I def wanna see more hulk.

After Norton left, they said they wouldn't do another hulk movie.  After the success and loving reception of both the Hulk and Mark Ruffalo in the Avengers movie, they are seriously considering more hulk movies, and yes, he's signed on for at least 6 more appearances as the Hulk.

I'm still fucking freaked that we are living in a time where this shit (the avengers) was put together (very well) and the pay off wasn't just ok. It blew everyone away

marvel is seriously killing it with their movie-verse and I really hope it continues that way cause we get the reward of awesome movies

My only, ONLY gripe with Marvel is not having the rights to Fantastic 4 X-men and Spider man

as for the hulk, I he should be like a support character for now, you know what they say about too much of a good thing

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad they picked the Winter Soldier story line for the second Captain America. Should be pretty good.

I AM kind of worried about Guardians of the Galaxy though. As badass as it sounds, it seems like a huge movie to pull off. Almost bigger than the Avengers.

Looking forward to phase II for sure though.

Joss Whedon is now confirmed to return for work on Avengers 2.

Not only that though, he is to develop a tv series that takes place in the same Marvel Universe.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/07/joss-whedon-returns-for-avengers-2

To see 10 possible series IGN thinks he may make the series based on, check out this site:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/08/10-marvel-comics-joss-whedon-could-adapt-for-tv

Holy fucking shit. I can not believe this is all happening.

First summary of the first preview for Iron Man 3 I found over at IGN:

From Ain't It Cool News:

"It opens with a voice over of Tony Stark talking about how the events of New York (I'm assuming the Avenger Movie) changed him, and how he’s just not 'into it' anymore. First scene is Iron Man with battle damage, laying down amid rubble and taking [off] his faceplate to show a bleeding Stark. Scenes of him arguing with Pepper Potts in the armory (cool shots of alternative Iron Man suits including the red white and blue one we've seen already), press conferences, Tony looking solemn, Tony talking with someone who looks like a psychiatrist, and a short shot of Don Cheadle in military uniform (no War Machine in the preview).  Also one scene of who I presume is the Mandarin, forcefully landing and cracking the ground. However, it looked like a silver Iron Man. I was unable to tell in the brief view who it was (maybe due to unfinished CGI).

We then get a voice over from Ben Kingsley, talking about how there there are no heroes and how he will teach everyone, especially Stark, a lesson. This is over scenes of the alternative Suits getting blown up, Stark going into surgery, and a fleet of helicopters launching missiles which blow Stark's home up and apart (the CGI looked nearly finished) and sending Stark and Pepper into the sea below. Then a close up of Kingsley with no helmet in the Mandarin armor.

It ends with Iron man underwater swimming towards what looks like his 'heart reactor thing.' Then the logo, then Stark walking in the snow dragging a large bag, then the logo again.

All and all, a somber trailer, dark and  humorless, which seemed more in tone with The Dark Knight Rises than with any of the other Iron Man movies or the Avengers."

Honestly, this sounds great.  I thought Iron Man 2 was the weakest film of phase I, though I know many would say the Incredible Hulk.  But this sounds dark and very promising.  And I'm sure RDJ's charm and humor will still be there.