Hardcore/Metalcore

bastard

I'm not very active on this forum, and this has been discussed probably before, so I'm sorry in that case. I'd like to know if there are any hardcore punk fans in here?

Personally I'm a big fan of bands like Sick of it All, Agnostic Front, Madball, Walls of Jericho etc. Other bands like Boysetsfire, Good Riddance, Caliban, Hatebreed, Refused etc I appreciate too.

Lately I've been listening to some metalcore like Evergreen Terrace, August Burns Red and The Ghost Inside.

Personally, I don't really care what genre a band exactly is (melodic metalcore, post-harcore, punkrock etc...), as long as I like the music, it's OK.

Some bands that you guys like? I always enjoy checking new bands out.

Normally, next weekend, I would have gone to this festival

IF2012juni.jpg

But I broke my foot, can't go :|

Personally, I am not a fan of any of the bands that you listed except for ABR and TGI. The bands you listed don't really have much clean vocals, so I don't know if you would like these. But feel free to check out these bands:

The Devil Wears Prada  ( Zombie EP) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGrrFTCfMTw#

Legacy (The Depths EP) - They recently released a full length album but I have not checked it out yet

Eyes Have Seen The Glory (The Choices We Make EP) - I love this album for some reason. The vocals are kind of crappy but maybe you'll enjoy this more if you read the lyrics while listening to it : http://www.myspace.com/eyeshaveseentheglory/blog/531467175

Edit:

Looking back at your list, I'm not sure if you would be into those bands. But here's another one to check out. I don't know what albums they have out now, but they recently got signed and are on the rise:

Fit For A King

For The Fallen Dreams - (Changes)

Miss May I (Apologies are for the Weak)

Aim For The Sunrise - (The Bigger Picture.. Hope)

I love any Keith Morris band! I do also enjoy agnostic front, I went to see them live once and I got drunk and joined the circle pit, they put on a good show! EDIT: I looked at the poster you posted again and it says 7seconds, There's a great band! Dag nasty is awesome too, not sure if I'd consider it hardcore though, but they have some good hardcore songs.

Metalcore is a sad and awful excuse for a music genre, fuck that!

I love any Keith Morris band! I do also enjoy agnostic front, I went to see them live once and I got drunk and joined the circle pit, they put on a good show! EDIT: I looked at the poster you posted again and it says 7seconds, There's a great band! Dag nasty is awesome too, not sure if I'd consider it hardcore though, but they have some good hardcore songs.

What exactly do you not like about it? Im guessing you don't like the clean vox in these songs?

YOUTH CREW.

I like other hardcore bands like Bad Brains, Agnostic Front, Madball, Minor Threat, 7 Seconds to name a few but Youth Crew is my favorite kind of hardcore. All the Youth Crew bands are from the NY Straightedge scene... Insted is from Cali tho. I also really like NARDCORE bands like RKL, Ill Repute, Agression, Stalag 13, Dr. Know. etc

What exactly do you not like about it? Im guessing you don't like the clean vox in these songs?

Metalcore sucks and it shouldn't be associated with "hardcore" Hardcore is a brand off punk that started in California. It was started by a group of kids that never have the look or money to look like the Ramones or Sex Pistols so they were youth, angry and very violent.

Metalcore is just for pussies. I don't like it and thats fine if you do. If you wanna know how hardcore was started watch the movie American Hardcore.

Metalcore sucks and it shouldn't be associated with "hardcore" Hardcore is a brand off punk that started in California. It was started by a group of kids that never have the look or money to look like the Ramones or Sex Pistols so they were youth, angry and very violent.

Metalcore is just for pussies. I dont like it and thats fine if you do. If you wanna know how hardcore was started watch the movie American Hardcore.

No one associated it with Hardcore. I know they are two completely different genres. I recommended those bands because the guy who posted this said he was getting into some bands similar to ones that I like. Everyone likes different kinds of music.  I can appreciate good Hardcore music so you should be able to appreciate good Metalcore songs like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOWijiI5nhs#

You can't say you don't appreciate the drums,guitar, and vocals in this song. Recommend me a Hardcore song, and I'll listen to it with an open mind.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine is in a band called The Charm The Fury. Perhaps you already heard of them. It could be classified as metalcore, but definitely has some southern hardcore influences, which I appreciate.

Speaking of southern hardcore: John Coffey, another Dutch gem.

Unfortunately So Called Celeste called it quits.

when it comes to metalcore i prefer all screams cause usually if there is singing it's mediocre(ie august burns red)

Before that full length album, I, The Breather had clean vocals on their EP. But I do agree with you. It pains me when a song is really kicking in and is going good, then some high pitched,whiny singing come on. Some bands can pull it off, but a lot of them can't.