Batman: The Animated Series Appreciation Thread

radioactive tomdog

tumblr_ma0ncuJ9jG1qat3tao1_500.jpg

so i loved this show as a kid and i recently bought all three volumes plus the movie (volume four and after is technically a different series). this is truly what i believe batman is supposed to be and i hold it above any of the live action films. there are brief moments when it can be kind of corny/childish, but for the most part i can't believe how well written it is. the animation and story lines are rather dark, and that's what i love about it. there's also a lot of great humor in here that i simply just didn't understand when i was younger.

anyone else watch this? have any favorite episodes?

I have the entire DC Animated Universe (Batman, Superman, Beyond, Justice League Unlimited) downloaded to my external drive.

Some of my favorites

Over the Edge

The Man Who Killed Batman

Heart of Ice

Almost Got Em

Feat Of Clay

Harley and Ivy

Mad Love

Also even though it's a Superman episode. "Knight Time," Loved seeing Supes beat the crap out of Bane in the Bat suit. Childhood defining cartoon right here. When I have kids I'll be definitely sure to show them this masterpiece of a show.

Only thing about that movie that kinda bugs me now was how The Phantasm was able to literally disappear into thin air in front of people or have bullets literally go through her. Not even Bats could pull some of that shit.

Harley was actually a completely original character from show as well. She's since then been adapted into the comics.

It's a good series and I watched those episodes as a kid a billion times but these days I'm only interested in Harley Quinn episodes and the movies, which I still watch from time to time (Mask of the Phantasm and Return of the Joker are my favorites). If only they released a HQ collection on DVD...

absolutely the best of batman. i recently started watching the dc movies from batman as well, like superman/batman apocalypse, justice league doom, and just downloaded under the red hood and some others. ive been wanting to go back and watch this series for the longest time though. just to go back and watch everything over because i watched it as a kid as well.

That was such a great show. I remember having all The Joker episodes on tape back in the day. They came out with a DVD box set of the complete series at the end of 2008 but it was only available for a few months. Now the marketplace is flooded with crappy bootlegs of the complete set.

BatmanTAS-Complete.jpg

i noticed that the dvd episodes are ordered by production date and not air date. but im not sure it makes too much of a difference because there isn't really any continuity in the episodes right?

I didn't even notice except for the random episode with robin on volume 1 when he technically came in during the second season. the multi part episodes are together though so far