My Chemical Romance - Conventional Weapons

Pussay Patrol

So I get the feeling there aren't many MCR fans here, but I'm excited about this so thought I'd share anyway :D

Starting in October they are releasing 2 songs every month for 5 months, to make up an album/ep called Conventional Weapons. These were songs worked on before Danger Days that didn't get used, I'm guessing cos they wanted to go for something different and the songs didn't fit that.

Here's the post about it:

http://www.mychemicalromance.com/blog/frank/conventional-weapons

Not sure what's going on with their new album, but they did build a studio to record it in apparently.

I used to really hate this band, back when they opened for Green Day and I was way into Green Day, I fucking hated them.  But then I actually gave Welcome to the Black Parade a solid listen, and I genuinely enjoyed a handful of the tracks, like a lot.  Then, god help me, I actually liked some of the tracks on Danger Days.  Then when I saw them live again open for blink twice, I was way more into it.  I dunno what it is.  They aren't one of my favorite bands, but I used to bash them hard.  And I can genuinely say now, that I don't find this band to be bad at all, in fact I fine some pleasure in a lot of their work. I think they should just keep doing there thing.  I wont like it all, but there will be things that I will, and in that sense, they've gotten something of a fan out of me.

i loved three cheers when it was released because it was so different from anything else i had been listening to. my sister had their first album in her car, so i listened to that and liked a handful off of that as well. when i saw them open for green day, that was the decline in my interest. they were terrible live and gaining the weirdest fan base ever.

black parade was released and i remember being totally turned off by it and i stopped listening to them entirely for a few years. but then, for some reason, i actually liked a few songs off danger days and thought those songs, amongst others, sounded great live when they opened for blink. so now i think i'm in the same position as Mike.

I'm pretty sure the Bouncing Souls did something similar with their last album before Comet.

But as for MCR. I always i liked their first album. I kind of the like the 2nd one but then i grew out of it i started hating the band but now they don't bother me at all. There much better than Fall Out Boy, Panic at the disco, all time low or any of those bands.

I'm excited for it, I was really put off from Danger Days because I was expecting something like Three Cheers or Bullets (first album). They said they were going back to their "roots" of making just fast paced, anger driven rock. Instead, they put out Danger which was some sort of weird concept album geared towards rebellion and teenage angst, something they were highly criticized for, except this time they did it with a sort of mob mentality of "Its us vs. them, stand up with us if you're weird!!" Obviously there were a few good tunes on the album, but I generally disliked the album. Black Parade I enjoyed because although they made that a concept album as well, they did it in a sort of rock-opera sort of way and they did it well - full of characters, plot lines, and fictional stories.

Since this album is supposedly before Danger and right after Black Parade, I assume that this is going to be the fast paced rock sound they were referring to when they first announced the production of Danger, so I'm genuinely intrigued. Hopefully they don't disappoint.

• 1 month later...

I liked Black Parade, I thought they did the theatric-album really well. The packages they released for the album, Gerard getting into character both on-stage and in music videos as the Patient, and all the lyrics painting a story. It was well-done. May not have been what the band "does best", but it definitely was a show of art.