Video Games Thread

dildo69er

l4d2 i thought sucked 1 i loved and dead rising is awesome, they arent really repetitive as l4d had the ai mix it up randomly each time and dead rising you could make all sorts of fun weapons to go through. It would be great for nintendo to get GTA on its console i hope rockstar give it the attention it deserves like chinatown wars and doesnt use the gamepad as just map and basic functionality. If it happens.

l4d2 i thought sucked 1 i loved and dead rising is awesome, they arent really repetitive as l4d had the ai mix it up randomly each time and dead rising you could make all sorts of fun weapons to go through. It would be great for nintendo to get GTA on its console i hope rockstar give it the attention it deserves like chinatown wars and doesnt use the gamepad as just map and basic functionality. If it happens.

I agree, they could make great use of the gamepad in a GTA game, and Rockstar would probably be one of the best teams to utilize it.

I thought Dead Rising was really repetitive, but I also really loved it, so I dunno, repetitive gameplay can be great if done properly.

hmm i never found it repetitive really the first one way more than the 2nd the 2nd had quests etc where as the first was a lot more simple. But yeah Rockstar dont relief sub par things so that would help the Wii U but its whether the game they are making can run on it smoothly.

No way, L4D2 >>>>> L4D1.  Granted, L4D1 was much more innovative and unique.  But L4D2 just improved everything; more guns and melee weapons, more types of infected, double the amount of maps (they remade the L4D1 maps for free), way more game types, etc.  Just all around more content.  But what stood out to me the most is the level design of L4D2.  Dark Carnival is one of my favourite FPS maps of all time, playing that on versus is too much fun.  Although it is a game that is much more fun with friends.

i just didnt enjoy l4d 2, the maps to me all sucked in comparison to the first and the campaigns were to long dark carnival is a good example as thats the only one i remember the name of and hated haha

I've been doing my first big boss extreme run through metal gear solid 4. It's fucking hard.

I'd recommend playing and if the MGS games.

Barring that Faxanadu on the NES is something else I've been playing through. Action RPG kinda like Zelda 2. Also River City Ransom on the NES

Does anyone know a decent enough kids game for the Wii? I've been playing New Super Mario Bros with my daughter and she's alright at it, but still dies a fair bit and struggles a little with sections where you need a quick reaction time. If anyone has played any kids games that are a bit easier what do you recommend?

Actually I have got that game. I'll give her a try at it. She's only 4 though haha, have to see how she goes pointing at the screen with the remote etc. Mario is good because she only needs to know a few buttons

Haha yeah mate I'm not that old. We've got kids games and educational games she plays on my iPhone and she started playing some of my side scrolling platform games as well and went alright, so I tried her on Mario and she loves it. Sometimes she just doesn't hold jump down for quite long enough and falls down holes. She struggles on the water levels with the copious amounts of fish everywhere too. So I have thought about grabbing something like Toy Story or a kiddie platform game/something easy she can muck about on with me. There's a lot of duds out there though so thought I'd see if anyone had some ideas.

I'll try Boom Blox if I've still got it.