Video Games Thread

dildo69er

I used to be into watching gaming vids on YouTube but I feel like a lot of the bigger channels (or at least channels I subscribed to) have moved more towards streaming on Twitch the last year or so. Nowadays if I'm at home and not much is going on I'll throw on a streamer I follow (Hutch, Goldglove etc.) on my laptop while I'm playing games. It's much more entertaining to watch something live and see the streamer interacting with followers and other streamers. Plus most of the YouTube videos posted now are stream highlights anyway.

Got an acoustic guitar with electronic parts in it (one of those hybrid guitars) for Christmas so I went to Best Buy, and picked up RockSmith for my PS4.

Hopefully learning guitar will be easier than I think it is because I'm a bit nervous.

I also managed to finally pick up Watch Dogs for 19.99 (thank you Best Buy and their matching prices). Along with the remastered Sleeping Dogs (all for PS4). Now I just need to get GTAV out of my console XD

awesome enjoy!

Twitch brings in stable revenue as people subscribe to you and you can get personal sponsors. Youtube relies on hits per video.

Yeah a lot of people will upload their twitch streams afterward to youtube in order to capitalize the most on money making (and many even utilize other video streaming services and website that can generate money from ads).  Really its not a bad or even hard business model that any one of us could do if we wanted (and had proper video capture and a quality mic), though you'll obviously do better if you have some natural charisma. 

I also got Hyrule Warriors for Christmas. Though it is kind of a mindless button-mashing fighter, I think it's pretty fun. Plus, just seeing locations and characters from Ocarina of Time in modern HD graphics makes me smile as a massive fan of the Zelda franchise

My Wii U also came with Super Mario 3D World and Nintendoland. Two games I've been wanting to play but haven't yet because I've been spending all my time playing Smash Bros and Hyrule Warriors. Love Smash Bros too. I want to buy Mario Kart ASAP. I'm mainly interested in getting fun multiplayer games now to play with friends while I'm away at school. Most of my good friends out there aren't hardcore gamers so Nintendo games are perfect to play with all of them. The only single player games I'm really interested in are Zelda games. Though like I said I'm excited to play Mario 3D World.

i LOVE AGDQ. they are amazing, watch the guy play snes punch out blind folded

i saw that. absolutely unreal. and for those who havent seen it. here

super punch out completely blindfolded

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSr3aXd4XuQ

mike tysons punch out blindfolded up until tyson

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvzIb53Lcno

this was one that was sooooo good too though. 4 way super metroid speed run. and the top 2 fastest finishers are literally a millisecond apart from finishing

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmfV8IhsHq0

very very very ambitious, the fact its promising so much usually means every piece of it will be mediocre at best as they cant focus there attention on individual areas

Realistically, it wont happen, even if it meets its Kickstarter goal, I've seen that happen time and time again when it comes to video game development being funded by kickstarter.  There are exceptions of course.

time and time again? What games have been promised that didn't happen. I know of like 2 that were funded and then cancelled.

geez I can't remember the names of them all, I recall seeing a lot of them once, see their funding goal, and then see that they got it, but then the game never happened.  Can't recall a name because they were all forgettable.  I do recall seeing a list of them somewhere on the net once though, it was definitely far more than 2 (in fact according to this article: http://www.edge-online.com/news/why-do-so-few-kickstarter-funded-games-actually-get-released/ Of the 366 projects funded between 2009 and 2012, just one in three has fully delivered the promised title to backers.), so according to that alone between 3 years, 240+ games were funded but never even made.

cant read a page not found. If its what i assume it is, its more than likely that they promised it would do this, this and this but on release it just did the first two. Or they term release as a boxed release instead of just being given to backers like a some have. When Clang was cancelled after not delivering what it promised there was a huge shitstorm and the same with the other i heard. If it was that high a percentage i dont think the percentage of funded projects would be anywhere near what it is.

Ive backed 23 and so far had delivery on the majority and the rest just arent released yet.

cant read a page not found. If its what i assume it is, its more than likely that they promised it would do this, this and this but on release it just did the first two. Or they term release as a boxed release instead of just being given to backers like a some have. When Clang was cancelled after not delivering what it promised there was a huge shitstorm and the same with the other i heard. If it was that high a percentage i dont think the percentage of funded projects would be anywhere near what it is.

Ive backed 23 and so far had delivery on the majority and the rest just arent released yet.

Sounds like you just find the more realistic ones.  Look around and you'll find plenty of games that promise a lot, get completely funded, then more or less went defunct, and never released anything.  

Anyway, don't know why the page is coming up as not found, here it is again: http://www.edge-online.com/news/why-do-so-few-kickstarter-funded-games-actually-get-released/

All I know is that when it comes to kickstarter, especially in terms of video game development, use caution before deciding to fund.