Video Games Thread

dildo69er

I have Smash on the Wii U so the 3DS version doesn't appeal to me too much. It seems like having Smash on the go would be cool, until I think about it and realize I'd probably hardly ever play it. Might be one of the those games I buy used a few years down the road when it's really cheap.

Then again, Smash Bros games never get really cheap. So who knows.

I just bought Pokemon Blue on the 3DS virtual console. Ironic considering I literally just said "I always buy physical copies." Instantly regretting it. I'm already playing Wind Waker HD and Majora's Mask 3DS and Yoshi's Woolly World and Donkey Kong Country 2. Plus I've bought like 5 or 6 Nintendo 64 games in the past few months. I really, really didn't need to buy another new game right now.

Finally bought a Steam controller from Amazon US. Pretty cool piece of gear, takes some getting used to though. There is so much customization you could sit there for ages getting it exactly right for your favourite games, I think I'll do that for my Witcher 3 play through once both expansions are out. The extra 2 buttons on the back are handy for leaving your thumb on the camera while performing attacks or jumping etc

The touchpad thing makes it possible to play heaps of games from the couch (currently playing Shadowrun HK) Can control the mouse really easy with the controller

• Like 1

Gold is my favorite too. Never liked anything beyond 2nd gen though.

I had all 151 Pokemon on Yellow at one point. Got Mew because my friend bought a used copy of Blue version and the save file from the previous owner had a Mew, so he traded it to me. Hellz yeah. Never attempted to catch 'em all in Gold.