Video Games Thread

dildo69er

7 hours ago, Clarkerpes said:

-3rd lowest console launch pricing adjusted to inflation.

-Zelda is launching so it beats at least half of all console releases.

-Competitors already charge this, so if they do a half decent job then it's not really an issue.

-Meh, all consoles have shit shovelware launch games.

Your complaints pretty much apply to the gaming industry as a whole... 

Three hundred dollars is ludicrous for what they are giving you. You may think paying $300 for a possibly upgraded version of Zelda is worth, I disagree.

-No bundled games 

- Releasing limited quantities, creating false demand. 

- Just two confirmed launch games, one of which is coming out on the previous generation console.

-No packed in charger for the Joy-Cons.

- No headphone jack.

- Focusing on more motion control games and gimmicks for the third generation in a row. 

- Using a fuckin app on your phone for premium online services/voice chat.

- Hilariously overpriced accessories.

Switch will sell out early and fizzle off. I do believe they will release better games this gen that the fans have been asking for selling more than the Wii U. 3rd party accessories will be mandatory if the RRP doesnt get lowered within first 6 months. I am keeping my preorder as I can afford it and like to hand my hand in everything.

Also to answers Speedo's open Q. I have an Xbone...havent played it as much lately but want to Forza and Gears are awesome but im busy playing the witcher on ps4 :(

1 hour ago, dildo69er said:

Switch will sell out early and fizzle off. I do believe they will release better games this gen that the fans have been asking for selling more than the Wii U. 3rd party accessories will be mandatory if the RRP doesnt get lowered within first 6 months. I am keeping my preorder as I can afford it and like to hand my hand in everything.

Also to answers Speedo's open Q. I have an Xbone...havent played it as much lately but want to Forza and Gears are awesome but im busy playing the witcher on ps4 :(

I was looking to start an Xbox group with fellow boarders. That's why I was asking.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2017 at 3:23 PM, _Kyle_ said:

I pre-ordered the Switch. Zelda and Mario are simply worth it.

Let me know how it is ... I have the uncanny ability justify anything to myself but my wife will take a little more convincing when persuading her it's a good idea to buy a console for 2 games.

On 1/16/2017 at 8:28 PM, Nshesaid said:

Trying to trade my ps4, with 2 controllers and some games for an Xbox one, 1 controller, & 1 game.

Anyone know the best way to do this? I was thinking just Craigslist or eBay?

So if anyone was wondering, which no one probably is, I ended up just doing a straight swap with my ps4 for X1 with a random dude who saw my ad... Then traded his old controller + my extra old controller in to gamestop for a new X1 S white controller.  

Best controller I've ever laid hands on. The ps4 ones were so janky and cheap. 

And boom, new system and spent no money. 

I hate private sales though, always so sketchy. 

2 hours ago, Stevie Friggin' Speedo! said:

Let me know how it is ... I have the uncanny ability justify anything to myself but my wife will take a little more convincing when persuading her it's a good idea to buy a console for 2 games.

Well I also enjoy Fire Emblem, Splatoon, and Xenoblade. Also I can play this at work....it's quite appealing in that regard...

On 1/28/2017 at 1:35 PM, _Kyle_ said:

Well I also enjoy Fire Emblem, Splatoon, and Xenoblade. Also I can play this at work....it's quite appealing in that regard...

For me the Switch's first year is looking very promising: Zelda Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, a new Fire Emblem, Xenoblade 2, ARMS looks cool (but I'm not playing motion control, thank god they've recognized that any motion control game should also offer traditional controls, it did take them long enough), the rumored Pokemon Stars (hoping that name isn't final and they go with Pokemon Eclipse, name feels much more fitting) and Pikmin 4, Smash Switch (not yet confirmed, but we know its happening, probably same deal as MK8 Deluxe, port of the Wii U version with more content), same goes for Super Mario Maker Switch.  Then the rumors of Mother 3 finally being localized for it's VC as well as Gamecube games getting VC releases with possibly added online matches.  And that's all the first and second party within the first year or so that I'm excited about.  I'm very excited to see Bomberman again, though I don't approve of its initial price point.  Other 3rd party titles already coming to the other systems are exciting again because now we can play them on the go like Yooka Laylee or Skyrim.  I do hope that Rocket League gets a Switch release, that might be the top third party game I want to be able to play anywhere.  Point is, there are already enough games coming to the system to justify a purchase for me.

14 hours ago, dildo69er said:

where did they confirm pikmin 4 for 2017?

They didn't, that's coupled in with the rumor of Pokemon Stars.  Not yet confirmed, but on many of the rumor lists that a lot of the things that have been confirmed to be true were also seen as rumors on the same lists at the time.