Video Games Thread

dildo69er

Yeah, I'm just hassling ya. Anyway, I don't blame you, but I probably wouldn't do the amiibo thing unless it was completely necessary. I collect them myself (when they're on sale and through bing rewards)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steven J Speedo esq. said:

No way, you can't even get them anymore!

Did you hack yours?  Sounds like its pretty easy, and if you do you can get the full official NES library of 600+ games to fit on there and even have them all presented as nice as Nintendo has with the boxart and everything.  That to me would be really cool, granted I've got emulators on my Wii U, but they don't look nearly as official or as aesthetically pleasing as how Nintendo presented the NES games on the NES classic.  If I had one, I'd have to do that hack, and then probably invest in 2 of the 8bitdo wireless controllers with the adapters, as apparently they're the best ones available.  But since the same things can be accomplished from my Wii U, I can't justify paying even the full price of $60 that Nintendo was asking for when you could find them on shelves (if you could), and now since they're discontinued and already hard to find in America, their scalping prices are probably only going to increase.  

2 minutes ago, brocksta182 said:

I finally got an NES Classic the other weekend.

Metroid is one of the hardest games I've ever played.  I don't know if I'll ever be able to finish it :-(

Sounds like you got one right before it was confirmed that the system has been discontinued.  Lucky you!

3 hours ago, M!ke said:

Sounds like you got one right before it was confirmed that the system has been discontinued.  Lucky you!

Yes, it was a couple of days before they announced that.

I have no idea why they would discontinue it. I hope they still do a SNES Classic edition 

Looks like a SNES classic will be happening this year too.  Hoping they include a wireless controller or at the very least controllers with longer cords.  Its still technically a rumor at this point, but its coming from credible places.  

It is? I thought the online service was the reason they weren't doing the NES classic anymore. I was assuming it would be like Netflix or something of that nature where you have access to various games for a subscription.

Is the Switch gonna have virtual console? Because if so, that + SNES classic is gonna have people buying the same games for about the fifth time in a row. Highway robbery by Nintendo, and you know they are gonna go the artificial demand route again. 

Should the SNES classic come out, what 30 games do you think they'd include?  Here is my theoretical list:

1. Super Mario World (Ideally Super Mario All Stars + World, but I doubt All Stars will be included considering the NES classic got all 4 original Mario titles)
2. Yoshi's Island
3. Super Mario RPG
4. The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
5. Super Metroid
6. Star Fox
7. Star Fox II (marking the first official release of this completed title, probably not very likely)
8. Earthbound
9. Kirby's Dreamland 3
10. Kirby Super Star
11. Super Mario Kart
12. Chrono Trigger
13. Final Fantasy VI
14. NBA Jam (licensing issues would either be an issue or make every player generic like Tecmo Bowl, so this would either be unlikely or not as great as it should be)
15. Donkey Kong Country
16. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
17. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble
18. Mega Man X (considering the NES classic only licensed one Mega Man game, I assume they'd go with only the first X as it was the most iconic of Super Nintendo Mega Man titles)
19. Super Castlevania 4
20. Super Bomberman
21. F-Zero
22. Pilotwings (not a big fan, but realistically, Nintendo is going to include this being a first party title and all)
23. Harvest Moon
24. Tetris Attack
25. Super Punch-Out
26. Secret of Mana
27. Street Fighter II: Turbo
28. Contra 3: The Alien Wars
29. Mortal Kombat 2
30. Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen

A few of these might be unlikely.  Having to work with Rare might only limit the Donkey Kong Country series to 1 game instead of all 3, and they'd likely just go with the first in that case since its the only one where you actually play as Donkey Kong, despite 2 being the best of the 3.  An unreleased but finished title like Star Fox II is probably pretty unlikely too.  Heck, Earthbound Beginnings had its official international release via the virtual console only a few years ago, yet that game didn't even make the cut for the NES classic.  But overall, I think its a pretty realistic as to what we might see on a SNES mini.

• Like 1