Video Games Thread

dildo69er

Zelda Breath of the Wild DLC pack 1 dropping at midnight tonight.  Can not wait.  Plan on staying up and having many goes at the trial of the sword and probably failing many times.  End reward will be so sweet though (your master sword will permanently be at 60 damage no matter what you're fighting).

Didn't even realize what you guys were talking about for a sec...just was skimming over it..they released a SNES retro console??? They're all sold out :( How are they selling the games for them? Or do they come with.

'this is likely the last retro console Nintendo will ever release' kills me though. They need to drop a N64 retro with all the hits built in one cartridge or something.

Hey guys...please do not be pumped for star fox 2...it is not good and an absolute shadow of the first. I dont know if they are making any changes (doubt it) but damn it sucks.

I wish they swapped that for chrono trigger so much

On 30/06/2017 at 8:09 AM, FightingTheGravity said:

Didn't even realize what you guys were talking about for a sec...just was skimming over it..they released a SNES retro console??? They're all sold out :( How are they selling the games for them? Or do they come with.

'this is likely the last retro console Nintendo will ever release' kills me though. They need to drop a N64 retro with all the hits built in one cartridge or something.

Issue with that is a lot of the hits they dont have licenses for anymore.

Goldeneye (Bond license is tied up so they wont get it)

Rare - All their games are on Xbox now (though msoft and nindy have worked well together previously)

Zelda OOT and MM have been rereleased already with better versions.

I think they should start just making packs of Virtual Console games or something.

4 hours ago, dildo69er said:

Hey guys...please do not be pumped for star fox 2...it is not good and an absolute shadow of the first. I dont know if they are making any changes (doubt it) but damn it sucks.

I wish they swapped that for chrono trigger so much

The versions of Star Fox 2 available online are said to be at best (Depending on the version of the game you have) about 95% of the final version.  I've played through one of the leaked betas available online, and I personally prefer Star Fox 2 to the original.  Having said that it still obviously pales in comparison to Star Fox 64, so whatever.  I just think its really cool that they're releasing a final build of the game after all these years.

Beat the third and final portion of the Trial of the Sword in Breath of the Wild, now my master sword is always at 60 and its freaking awesome.  I've also collected all the new DLC gear and the teleportation disc or whatever.  So now I'm using the Korok mask to help me find more Koroks easier and it actually works really well, I quickly found 10 koroks I would have otherwise missed, it actually adds a whole new element to how I play the game now, its interesting.  I haven't tried hard mode yet, I'm not sure if I'mr eady to start a new game of Breath of the Wild yet.  I think I'll wait until after the second DLC is released and I've beaten that before I decide to start a new harder quest.  I also think that the path of the hero mode on the map is really cool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

Beat the third and final portion of the Trial of the Sword in Breath of the Wild, now my master sword is always at 60 and its freaking awesome.  I've also collected all the new DLC gear and the teleportation disc or whatever.  So now I'm using the Korok mask to help me find more Koroks easier and it actually works really well, I quickly found 10 koroks I would have otherwise missed, it actually adds a whole new element to how I play the game now, its interesting.  I haven't tried hard mode yet, I'm not sure if I'mr eady to start a new game of Breath of the Wild yet.  I think I'll wait until after the second DLC is released and I've beaten that before I decide to start a new harder quest.  I also think that the path of the hero mode on the map is really cool.

Downloaded the add on yesterday. Found all the hidden chests, just need to do the trial. Does it all have to be done in one sitting or are there save points?

3 hours ago, 2point5 said:

Downloaded the add on yesterday. Found all the hidden chests, just need to do the trial. Does it all have to be done in one sitting or are there save points?

Its split up into 3 portions.  The begining trials are about 12 or 13 rooms of increasing difficulty.  Once you beat the beginning trials, your Master Sword boosted to always be at 40.  Then you can return for the middle trials, which I think were about 16 rooms, and once you beat the middle trials the Sword is boosted to always be at 50.  And then you can choose the final trials which I wanna say was about 22 rooms.  Once you beat those, then the sword is always at 60.  Each of the trials will have rest rooms, I believe the first set has one rest room, second set has 2, and third has 3.  Those rooms have a fairy or faries to collect if you don't scare them off, 3 treasure chests of decent items, food to collect, and a place to cook food.  

While I failed each set of trials, I think I only failed them each once (though the last set I must have failed twice in retrsopect), I quickly learned a strategy for each set though.  And while the trials were difficult, they weren't nearly as difficult as I thought they would be, thanks to being able to cook full+ health meals in the rest areas and the fairies you can collect.  Furthermore, on the third set of rooms, you can find up to 9 ancient arrows (as far as I know, maybe there were even more I didn't find), which if you use them correctly makes the final run not bad at all, the two lynels I had to face were instantly destroyed thanks to them, which prior to facing them, I was certain going into it would end up being the hardest enemies I was sure I'd have to face.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Its split up into 3 portions.  The begining trials are about 12 or 13 rooms of increasing difficulty.  Once you beat the beginning trials, your Master Sword boosted to always be at 40.  Then you can return for the middle trials, which I think were about 16 rooms, and once you beat the middle trials the Sword is boosted to always be at 50.  And then you can choose the final trials which I wanna say was about 22 rooms.  Once you beat those, then the sword is always at 60.  Each of the trials will have rest rooms, I believe the first set has one rest room, second set has 2, and third has 3.  Those rooms have a fairy or faries to collect if you don't scare them off, 3 treasure chests of decent items, food to collect, and a place to cook food.  

While I failed each set of trials, I think I only failed them each once (though the last set I must have failed twice in retrsopect), I quickly learned a strategy for each set though.  And while the trials were difficult, they weren't nearly as difficult as I thought they would be, thanks to being able to cook full+ health meals in the rest areas and the fairies you can collect.  Furthermore, on the third set of rooms, you can find up to 9 ancient arrows (as far as I know, maybe there were even more I didn't find), which if you use them correctly makes the final run not bad at all, the two lynels I had to face were instantly destroyed thanks to them, which prior to facing them, I was certain going into it would end up being the hardest enemies I was sure I'd have to face.

Cheers for the heads up, will try take it on Wednesday when I get time. 

2 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

Cheers for the heads up, will try take it on Wednesday when I get time. 

It probably took me about 4 to 5 hours to complete the whole thing counting my failures.  Its not huge, but its a lot of fun, and I was taking my time too, trying to avoid damage whenever possible, searching each room after it was cleared for materials and putting together my plan of attack for each room. Also I recommend keeping your radar set to find treasure chests, thats how I found 2 of the chests containing ancient arrows.

13 hours ago, Boring.........Alright said:

Anyone get the Crash Bandicoot HD trilogy remaster? Graphics are gorgeous and the gameplay is much tighter. I forgot how damn hard these games are to 100%. Crash 2 is the best

Yeah, I love it. Lots of nostalgia to these games. I prefer Crash 3 because it was actually the first PSX game I played back in the day. But Crash 2 is definitely good, not a big fan of Crash 1 cause it can be ridiculously hard. Might go for the three platinum trophies if I have the time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Thomas D. said:

Yeah, I love it. Lots of nostalgia to these games. I prefer Crash 3 because it was actually the first PSX game I played back in the day. But Crash 2 is definitely good, not a big fan of Crash 1 cause it can be ridiculously hard. Might go for the three platinum trophies if I have the time.

I forget which course I am in Crash 1 maybe level 9 or so it's a super long vertical level with enemies one after the other that's almost unfair haha. Wanna beat Crash 2 before going on to Crash 3, which is also excellent. The problem is 100% Crash 2 I have no idea where to find the gemstones I found the red one by experimenting and found a secret platform. Might just vanilla run it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Boring.........Alright said:

I forget which course I am in Crash 1 maybe level 9 or so it's a super long vertical level with enemies one after the other that's almost unfair haha. Wanna beat Crash 2 before going on to Crash 3, which is also excellent. The problem is 100% Crash 2 I have no idea where to find the gemstones I found the red one by experimenting and found a secret platform. Might just vanilla run it.

There are plenty of youtube videos that can help you get the 100%. I don't know how I figured it all out without help from the internet back in the day.

• 3 weeks later...

I basically took a four-month break from Zelda because of school. Just started playing it again. I beat the divine beasts ages ago but I still haven't gone to fight Ganon yet. I've found like 96 shrines so far and at this point I think I might wanna just try to find all the rest before I head to the castle. This game is too fun. I've logged over 100 hours in it. There are very few games I've ever played for that long.

I don't have the DLC yet either. Gonna wait until I finish the game first.