Video Games Thread

dildo69er

I said a few months back that I got Yooka-Laylee on PC. I played it for a few hours but stopped because my PC can't really handle gaming and I had to turn all the settings down to shit to play it. Hadn't touched it since.

But, I'm back home with my family for a month, and my bro has an Xbox One so I went out and bought Yooka-Laylee for the Xbox One. I love it! Now that I'm actually getting to really play it and put more hours into it, it really feels just like a modern-day Banjo-Kazooie. Nothing groundbreaking, nothing new really, but that's not the point of this game. It's a very deliberate throwback title, and in that regard, it definitely delivers. I'm having a lot of fun. Not as fun as the original BK (not that I expected it to be) but I like it more than Banjo-Tooie!

1 hour ago, 2point5 said:

Banjo Tooie was so much harder than the original. I enjoy it but struggle to play it now. Whereas Banjo Kazooie I could pick up any point of any day and still love playing it just as much. Just a timeless classic. 

I've never finished Banjo-Tooie. I'd still like to eventually, but it's just so tedious compared to the first game. Banjo-Kazooie is one of my favorite games of all time.

• Like 1

I finally played a bit of the new Zelda. My brother in law bought a Wii U and the game. I watched him play for a while and then I had him set me up a new game. I played maybe 20 or 30 minutes and put it down. I wasn't impressed. I'm sure it's a great game yada yada yada blah blah blah but not for me.

On 11/08/2017 at 3:14 AM, Speedo said:

I finally played a bit of the new Zelda. My brother in law bought a Wii U and the game. I watched him play for a while and then I had him set me up a new game. I played maybe 20 or 30 minutes and put it down. I wasn't impressed. I'm sure it's a great game yada yada yada blah blah blah but not for me.

Dead to me. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Fuck really?? I didn't get any notifications either!

...except from Walmart a month ago where I pre-ordered one only to have them inform me days later that they made a mistake and had to cancel my order...

It's been a mess. Nintendo really needs to learn not to piss off their fanbase.

On 8/22/2017 at 11:57 AM, _Kyle_ said:

preorders for the SNES classic went out last night around midnight.

fucking hell, best buy did not send out notifications....wtf

They sold out within 30 seconds anyway, chances were slim as it was you'd get in in time.  Still these stores will have some inventory that they can't put up for pre-orders.  I live in a small city with a Walmart, I'm just gonna go there at midnight and hope they get a couple in stock.  It worked the night the Switch went for sale, arrived 5 minutes before midnight and was second in line, I was even able to get the Neon version that I had wanted.  

I keep taking long breaks from Zelda, so it's lasted me a really long time. I just started playing again tonight. I'm at the point where I've started using a guide to find shrines. I found 99 of them by myself. Finding the rest is very difficult. So I've officially started cheating, but I'm still having fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Destiny 2 is much better than Destiny 1. it's almost like an actually thought through real game. almost.

I'll still probably play it for the next three years like I did the last one. #noshame

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2017 at 4:17 AM, Kay said:

Destiny 2 is much better than Destiny 1. it's almost like an actually thought through real game. almost.

I'll still probably play it for the next three years like I did the last one. #noshame

I beat the RAID the other day and my god it felt amazing. I'm loving Destiny 2, just wish I had more time to nerd out and get my other characters ranked up.

49 minutes ago, ryan1125 said:

I beat the RAID the other day and my god it felt amazing. I'm loving Destiny 2, just wish I had more time to nerd out and get my other characters ranked up.

Yeah same here, I don't even nearly have enough time to play Destiny 2. Did manage to get my main character to level 300 though. Now I just want the full gear set and I'm good.

I've been playing a ton of Mario Party with my friends at school who aren't gamers. Great game to play with people who don't really play games. We played Mario Party 1 a ton so I ordered Mario Party 2 on eBay and we've been playing that one now. I'll probably get the third one too.

I wish I had a GameCube with me because I remember the GameCube Mario Party games as being the most fun.