Video Games Thread

dildo69er

I haven't had too much time to play but I did find a useful hack in unlocking more characters faster if you're interested.

1. Close the software if you're currently playing it.

2. Create a 1 stock battle mode on default difficulty settings

3. Win battle

4. 90% of the time a new challenger will show up

5. Win that battle

6. Close software and repeat process

I think i've unlocked around 15 people this way, and am hoping to do more on the drive to California later today. If I knew how to upload pictures i'd post the "unlock tree" if you're focusing on trying to get a specific champ. I suck at this game though and always have. I mainly enjoy the large battle mode with a lot of friends/associates. My nephew challenged me and won by dodging the entire map and taking strategic shots over 10 minutes in a 1 v 1. He had the nerve to talk trash in all seriousness after the game. I'm tempted to make the trip to Dallas to break him.

I would be proud of my nephew if he owned me in Smash. I'm okay, but dodging and blocking is the only way to get gud at this game.

Honestly I'm just trying to get every character while I have the time to. So far it's going by fast.

20 hours ago, Regi. said:

RD2 still blowing my mind. Stumpled across a huge town at the edge of the map, i thought nothing was there. And i was casually riding my horse in the middle of nowhere when i got fucking ambushed. A wagon was blown up, i got thrown off my horse and some gang came from behind rocks and trees and just killed me! Wtf

Ah yes RD2, the hype of the game release reminded me alot on how they hyped up GTA 5. Can't wait for GTA 6 though, whenever that may come. We probably don't have too long judging by how long it's been since GTA 5's release, and they stop milking the fuck out out of online, which they have due to Red dead's release.

26 minutes ago, Thejeffster02 said:

Ah yes RD2, the hype of the game release reminded me alot on how they hyped up GTA 5. Can't wait for GTA 6 though, whenever that may come. We probably don't have too long judging by how long it's been since GTA 5's release, and they stop milking the fuck out out of online, which they have due to Red dead's release.

I actually hope Rockstar steps away from GTA for their next release; they already have GTA 5 on current consoles with continuous DLC support for GTA Online. I'm hoping they either create a new IP, or get given a licence for a well known franchise (an open world Pokemon game would be unreal, or a Marvel character like the new Spiderman game, etc.). 

On 12/12/2018 at 12:14 AM, Regi. said:

RD2 still blowing my mind. Stumpled across a huge town at the edge of the map, i thought nothing was there. And i was casually riding my horse in the middle of nowhere when i got fucking ambushed. A wagon was blown up, i got thrown off my horse and some gang came from behind rocks and trees and just killed me! Wtf

Yeah, I've put in so many hours and am still doing the storyline, fully interested and engaged. One of my favorite games of all time already, no question.

Sometimes I hate huge maps. Like Zelda: BotW I was annoyed by the map size. It felt huge just for the sake of being huge. The RDR2 map is enormous, but you want to live in every piece of it. It's ALL interesting to me and never feels overwhelming or annoying. Just riding your horse from location to location is fun.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

Yeah, I've put in so many hours and am still doing the storyline, fully interested and engaged. One of my favorite games of all time already, no question.

Sometimes I hate huge maps. Like Zelda: BotW I was annoyed by the map size. It felt huge just for the sake of being huge. The RDR2 map is enormous, but you want to live in every piece of it. It's ALL interesting to me and never feels overwhelming or annoying. Just riding your horse from location to location is fun.

Yup yup! Im afraid of finishing the story and finishing the game. So im spending more time exploring. Got a new sixpence hat. I got that going for me, which is nice 

• Like 1

Same! I don’t want it to end.

It’s weird, but sometimes I go back to Valentine just to hang out. Get a haircut, have a wild drunk night at the saloon, take a bath (deluxe of course), and get a room for the night. It’s still kind of my home base. 

In no other game I’ve ever played would I go out of my way to do completely inconsequential, mundane things like that, just for fun, that didn’t involve wild stunts of some kind lol

Yeah the attention to detail in RDR2 is fantastic, and it's definitely the most cinematic experience I've had in a video game to date.

My only gripe with the game, outside of it being a bit too realistic and Rockstar getting you to jump through hoops for the challenges, is that the ending is a bit predictable. Maybe it's because I played the first one, or maybe they planned for it to be that way. I'm still pretty early in the epilogue, but I thought there would be more twists and turns by now. 

I'm taking a few days off during the holidays to string together Christmas eve all the way to January 2nd. I want to catch up on some of the great indie games that I've missed, like Celeste, Dead Cells, Cuphead, and Subnautica. Here's hoping there's a decent Boxing Day sale for games. 

3 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

I'm taking a few days off during the holidays to string together Christmas eve all the way to January 2nd. I want to catch up on some of the great indie games that I've missed, like Celeste, Dead Cells, Cuphead, and Subnautica. Here's hoping there's a decent Boxing Day sale for games. 

I bought cuphead ... super fucking hard ... made me feel bad about myself.

13 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I bought cuphead ... super fucking hard ... made me feel bad about myself.

Yeah, I've heard it's really difficult and slightly overrated. But the art style and gameplay looks too cool to pass up. What's a good comparable? It kind of reminds me of Alien Hominid in its gameplay, which was also fairly difficult. 

Side note but on the subject of indie games, I've heard a lot of good things about Into the Breach. It's a shame it's only available for PC/Mac and  the Switch. 

Some decent sales on right now, just bought Cuphead, Dead Cells, and Bastion (own it on PC but it was $3 for Xbox and it might be my favourite indie game). Dead Cells is surprisingly similar to Bastion when it comes to the combat mechanics and weapons. 

Debating whether Star Wars Battlefront 2 is worth $10 at this point. I hate EA and everything they did to the franchise, but for $10 it’s a bit tempting...

I bought the whole Jedi Knight series (5 games) on Steam for $9 the other day. Bad news for my future productivity.

Been on a huge Final Fantasy kick this year, after playing FFVI on the SNES Classic. I had never played a FF game before that but now I've played the first six of them. Well, almost. Still playing FF5. Really enjoying this series.

10 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I bought the whole Jedi Knight series (5 games) on Steam for $9 the other day. Bad news for my future productivity.

Been on a huge Final Fantasy kick this year, after playing FFVI on the SNES Classic. I had never played a FF game before that but now I've played the first six of them. Well, almost. Still playing FF5. Really enjoying this series.

You played 7 yet?