Video Games Thread

dildo69er

38 minutes ago, M!ke said:

He said that about the Let's Go titles?  That doesn't sound right, considering they were remakes to begin with, coupled with mechanics not seen in any of the other games including these new ones such as not even battling wild pokemon.  I understand these new titles Sword and Shield are obviously core titles, but Let's Go are there own things, you can already see that the things that made those games unique are not carrying over to this game (such as wild Pokemon appearing in the overworld and not actually fighting those wild pokemon), so that really cements the thought that they're their own thing all the more.

It’s a quote from the man himself so whether it feels right or not doesn’t matter, as far as gamefreak are concerned these are core titles. They were just casualised to appeal the new audience that Pokemon Go has brought to the series.

By your logic the Alola games aren’t core games since they don’t feature gym battles which has been a core staple of every Pokemon game since the beginning as well as the removal of HMs. Every new Pokemon game brings some new mechanic or feature (contests, underground, hidden grottos) which then disappears the very next game.

Just now, Russel Coight said:

It’s a quote from the man himself so whether it feels right or not doesn’t matter, as far as gamefreak are concerned these are core titles. They were just casualised to appeal the new audience that Pokemon Go has brought to the series.

By your logic the Alola games aren’t core games since they don’t feature gym battles which has been a core staple of every Pokemon game since the beginning as well as the removal of HMs. Every new Pokemon game brings some new mechanic or feature (contests, underground, hidden grottos) which then disappears the very next game.

Yes, I see it's a quote by the man himself, but as I explained, I think he was really saying that they aren't a one and done series.

And no, by my logic gen 7 isn't a spinoff.  Gen 7 was a brand new entry with the entire pokedex of Pokemon available in that game.  When you go to the Pokemon Bank you can transfer any of the 800+ Pokemon out by then into the game.  Let's Go isn't even compatible with the bank, but we know gen 8 will be.  The Let's Go games clearly just exist in their own little bubble.  I know what Masuda said, but it's clear as day that they are not the same as the real core entries in the series.

38 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Yes, I see it's a quote by the man himself, but as I explained, I think he was really saying that they aren't a one and done series.

And no, by my logic gen 7 isn't a spinoff.  Gen 7 was a brand new entry with the entire pokedex of Pokemon available in that game.  When you go to the Pokemon Bank you can transfer any of the 800+ Pokemon out by then into the game.  Let's Go isn't even compatible with the bank, but we know gen 8 will be.  The Let's Go games clearly just exist in their own little bubble.  I know what Masuda said, but it's clear as day that they are not the same as the real core entries in the series.

You got any proof that let’s go won’t be compatible with bank once it’s released on the switch? Bank isn’t out on the switch and gamefreak as far as I know haven’t said it won’t be. Let’s go even introduced two brand new Pokemon which would never happen in a spin-off. Masuda also said that if Let’s go was successful they’d incorporate some of the mechanics into the next games aswell. You’re free to live in your own head all you want but regardless of what you believe these are core Pokemon games.

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

I would say SMB3 is the easiest out of the NES titles. World might be the only one I'd say was easier in terms of 2D marios.

SMB3 is the only one I never ended up beating. It's not so much the entire game that's difficult, but primarily the last world that is challenging. 

On 2/28/2019 at 2:29 PM, Ghent said:

That's how the original NES Zelda is in my opinion. You would have to spend years messing around to beat that without help. Completely arbitrary puzzles. Like oh, to beat the game you have to accidentally find this hidden entrance in the middle of the map with no clues whatsoever. So fun!

Without help, yeah, it'd take forever to beat that and it would be so tedious. I eventually beat it using a map. It made it really fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Finished The Ballad of Gay Tony for GTAIV. Great dialog & satire, plenty of colorful characters and the missions felt like they had more variety than in the base game (I hate flying in these games though and there was plenty of that in this DLC). I started to play GTA games only about a year ago after having looked down on them as pointless wannabe-gangster shooters for two decades. 

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy how Cuphead is indeed coming to the Switch.  Sounds like other Xbox games are definitely happening as well.  No word yet on if Xbox game streaming for the bigger titles will be coming to the Switch yet, but I'd say all signs are pointing to that being a thing, which is just crazy.  Speculation is that Ori will come to the Switch and maybe Rare Replay as well.  It'd be so cool if they added Goldeneye then to Rare Replay now that Nintendo and Microsoft seem to be getting along.  Give it the remaster treatment that Perfect Dark got, giving us right analogue camera movement, solid 60fps through the game, and as a bonus if they added gyro aiming, that'd be amazing.

On 3/22/2019 at 10:54 AM, M!ke said:

Crazy how Cuphead is indeed coming to the Switch.  Sounds like other Xbox games are definitely happening as well.  No word yet on if Xbox game streaming for the bigger titles will be coming to the Switch yet, but I'd say all signs are pointing to that being a thing, which is just crazy.  Speculation is that Ori will come to the Switch and maybe Rare Replay as well.  It'd be so cool if they added Goldeneye then to Rare Replay now that Nintendo and Microsoft seem to be getting along.  Give it the remaster treatment that Perfect Dark got, giving us right analogue camera movement, solid 60fps through the game, and as a bonus if they added gyro aiming, that'd be amazing.

Might need to evacuate the thread based on the size of this load likely blown all over your Switch. Does it still work after that?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Might need to evacuate the thread based on the size of this load likely blown all over your Switch. Does it still work after that?

Man if you don't see what a big deal that Xbox games (especially the idea of Rare games again) coming to a Nintendo system is, then clearly gaming culture is of little interest to you.  Which hey, that's cool, but if that stuff interests you like it does me, then I don't know how you couldn't say that this would be big news if more Xbox content does indeed make its way to Nintendo.

4 hours ago, M!ke said:

Man if you don't see what a big deal that Xbox games (especially the idea of Rare games again) coming to a Nintendo system is, then clearly gaming culture is of little interest to you.  Which hey, that's cool, but if that stuff interests you like it does me, then I don't know how you couldn't say that this would be big news if more Xbox content does indeed make its way to Nintendo.

Cool. I usually ejaculate from women, not video games, but to each their own!

10 hours ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Cool. I usually ejaculate from women, not video games, but to each their own!

Don't know what your deal is, but sorry I offended you by being excited about video game news in a video game thread.  My bad.  

• Like 1