Video Games Thread

dildo69er

On 1/8/2020 at 8:01 PM, Russel Coight said:

What kinda zelda elements? I’m intrigued after that.

Well the exploration definitely reminds me of Zelda (Ocarina of Time era, anyway). Open world, but guided as far as where you can actually go. There are also dungeon-like puzzles on the maps to unlock new areas. The timing based combat is also similar. You can button mash, but you have more success if you play to your enemy and react accordingly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Fallen Order can be super hard but it gives you the option to be a wimp like me and play very easy mode.

I'm a wuss too. I always start every game on the easiest setting and then move up each time after I beat it. 

I always try hardest first just in case there are some Easter eggs or little bits that are only found on the hardest difficulty. 50% of the time I end up moving down.

I found dark souls way too hard. Like wayyy to hard. Gave up when fighting the first gargoyle or whatever it was.

Dark Souls is tough yeah but its tough in a way that you learn for it not to be which is why i loved it. For example oh fuck i died to that attack, you now know ok when i get him to half health he starts shooting fire i should move back etc. It definitely isnt for everyone as you can be very confused on what to do haha

4 hours ago, dildo69er said:

Dark Souls is tough yeah but its tough in a way that you learn for it not to be which is why i loved it. For example oh fuck i died to that attack, you now know ok when i get him to half health he starts shooting fire i should move back etc. It definitely isnt for everyone as you can be very confused on what to do haha

I was playing on the switch and load times are looooong. So when you die every 1-2 mins and then have to sit through 1 min loading screen you get over it lol

On 1/13/2020 at 8:23 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

Fallen Order can be super hard but it gives you the option to be a wimp like me and play very easy mode.

I was on Jedi Knight. Seemed like the perfect difficulty. Then I fought the Second Sister on Zeffos about 39 times and didn't even come close to taking her down. Switched to story mode for that fight lol.

• Like 1

I'm a sucker for Smash Bros, and a new fighter gets revealed tomorrow (will probably go live tomorrow too by the sounds of it).  I'm really curious who it will be, it's always exciting to find out who the next iconic video game character is that will get added, and all this DLC have been 3rd parties, so the sky seems to be the limit.  I'm hoping for Crash Bandicoot, Lara Croft, or Doomslayer.   

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

I was on Jedi Knight. Seemed like the perfect difficulty. Then I fought the Second Sister on Zeffos about 39 times and didn't even come close to taking her down. Switched to story mode for that fight lol.

Yeah, I can’t remember what part made me decide to finally switch to story mode. I’m sure it was one of the bosses!

16 hours ago, M!ke said:

I'm a sucker for Smash Bros, and a new fighter gets revealed tomorrow (will probably go live tomorrow too by the sounds of it).  I'm really curious who it will be, it's always exciting to find out who the next iconic video game character is that will get added, and all this DLC have been 3rd parties, so the sky seems to be the limit.  I'm hoping for Crash Bandicoot, Lara Croft, or Doomslayer.   

Dante from DMC is my guess.