Video Games Thread

dildo69er

I went and picked up DBZ Kakarot today. Really fun. So awesome to have a dbz game that isn’t just pick a character and fight. It’s a full on RPG. Not fully open world but huge areas to explore. Collectables. Side quests. Collectables. FISHING. Fight me all you want but fishing mini games are the ultimate comfy addition to any game.

Id definitely recommend if your into dbz at all. 

• Like 2

On 1/16/2020 at 12:43 PM, Russel Coight said:

Byleth. Another fire emblem character. I loved three houses but pretty meh on this.

Yeah, unimpressed with the representation.  But seeing the fighter in action does seem like a fighter I'll excel at.  Dedede is my main, and this one seems like it scratches a lot of the same itches in how he fights compared to Dedede.

And at least we know there are at least 6 more DLC fighters to come.  That's exciting.

On 1/16/2020 at 1:14 PM, Russel Coight said:

Atleast there is season 2 to come. 5 more fighters.

That video actually said 6 more for season 2.  Guess it's actually mirroring season 1, while Piranha Plant wasn't part of the pass, he does add up to 6 DLC fighters for the first season when you count him.

9 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I went and picked up DBZ Kakarot today. Really fun. So awesome to have a dbz game that isn’t just pick a character and fight. It’s a full on RPG. Not fully open world but huge areas to explore. Collectables. Side quests. Collectables. FISHING. Fight me all you want but fishing mini games are the ultimate comfy addition to any game.

Id definitely recommend if your into dbz at all. 

Sounds like part of my husbands birthday gift, if he doesn’t buy it for himself before then! 😂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it looks so damn good. I’ll pick it up on ps4 since I don’t have a gaming pc. My ps4 is likely gonna die trying to play it though. It was so loud just trying to play kakarot lol and I feel ff7 is going to be a lot more demanding.

On a final fantasy note, I just played through 9. Finished it a week or so ago. Great story. Really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Just beat FF8. I hadn't played it in over four months. I didn't realize how close to the end I was. I was basically at the very end when I accidentally took a four month break lol. Fun game but not my favorite. Pretty excited to play FF9 but I don't know if I want to jump right into a new JRPG at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Started playing Knights of the Old Republic again for the first time in over ten years. I got pretty far when it was new but I never actually finished it. It's pretty fun! Maybe too much talking though. A lot of the game is just watching/listening to people talking to the screen like it's The Office. I like the lore and I'm definitely into it but actual gameplay wise it's not the greatest. I don't love western RPGs in general. JRPGs are where it's at.

50 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I still don't have a Switch but I'm 100% serious when I say that Animal Crossing is the main reason I want to get one right now. I love these stupid games.

Ah fuck. I remembered wrong. Thought you were eagerly awaiting release lol.

24 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Ah fuck. I remembered wrong. Thought you were eagerly awaiting release lol.

I mean, I still am 😂

This is probably the game that'll finally get me to actually buy the console. I have Breath of the Wild on the Wii U so I never felt the urgency to get a Switch when they were new, even though I've always wanted one.

• Like 1