Video Games Thread

dildo69er

17 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Dreams can come true!

Now I’m just waiting for the Banjo-Kazooie Amiibo!

After Banjo was added, I was left with no other major desires of fighters to be added.  I mean I'd love for Bomberman or Isaac of Golden Sun to be fighters, but since they're assist trophies, that seems to almost definitely be off the table.  I'd definitely welcome the likes of Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, and Lara Croft, but I'm not dying for them to join like I had been for Banjo.  Frankly at this point, I'd just like to see Ultimate add Smash Run from Smash 3DS with local and online multiplayer.  But I know we're supposedly not due to see anymore additional modes either, so I'm not really holding my breath on that either.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

is donkey kong jr a possible contender? I guess it makes it confusing since he maybe he is now Donkey Kong, but I'm not sure. 

I don't see why not.  However, it does feel like Nintendo has more or less retired Jr.  Sure, he pops up here and there in the background of titles every rare once and awhile, but it does seem that Diddy Kong was meant to be his replacement once they decided that within the DK lore that the current DK is an older Jr.  Plus, I get the feeling that if Smash adds another Kong as another fighter that Dixie would be next, especially since she more easily lends herself to a moveset.

4 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

New Animal Crossing looks so good. These games are like the comfort food of video games to me.

Yeah, it looks pretty great, pretty much has everything I could want for an Animal Crossing title, not really sure what more I could want from it based on what they showed off.

I'm glad it looks like they've added so much more to do. As much as I love Animal Crossing, it always eventually gets to the point where every day you're just digging up the few fossils in your town, pulling a couple weeds, maybe buying something you haven't seen before at the store, and then turning it off.

I hope there's more to keep you busy at night this time.

On 2/19/2020 at 3:09 AM, Jan's Plan said:

Has anyone played Elder Scrolls and which is the best one to start with? 

I've been watching a bunch of these videos and now I want to dive into it

Elder Scrolls are a lot of fun, but they can be kind of overwhelming too.  You have a lot of freedom with seemingly endless amounts of quests you can take on and a ton of ways to shape your character.  It's essentially a Dungeons and Dragons video game, and that's pretty cool.  But they aren't perfect, they're made by Bethesda who are kinda notorious for the amounts of bugs they leave in their games without ever really remedying them (and in some cases, when they do issue patches they'll fix one bug but reimplement old ones at the same time). At the end of the day though, I very much enjoy them.  I'd say you really can't go wrong with starting with Skyrim, the latest (non-online) entry in the series, you really don't need to have played previous games to understand what's up, plus Skyrim is on pretty much everything, so it's easy to recommend, as I assume you'll have something that has it available to play on.

12 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Elder Scrolls are a lot of fun, but they can be kind of overwhelming too.  You have a lot of freedom with seemingly endless amounts of quests you can take on and a ton of ways to shape your character.  It's essentially a Dungeons and Dragons video game, and that's pretty cool.  But they aren't perfect, they're made by Bethesda who are kinda notorious for the amounts of bugs they leave in their games without ever really remedying them (and in some cases, when they do issue patches they'll fix one bug but reimplement old ones at the same time). At the end of the day though, I very much enjoy them.  I'd say you really can't go wrong with starting with Skyrim, the latest (non-online) entry in the series, you really don't need to have played previous games to understand what's up, plus Skyrim is on pretty much everything, so it's easy to recommend, as I assume you'll have something that has it available to play on.

Thanks.  I've been following Bacon_ and some other YouTube accounts on the series and Oblivion seems like the most fun/humorous but Skyrim the most intuitive.  I could be wrong, but all the bugs and querkiness kind of add to the charm.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I wasn’t going to play any games on my Switch until Animal Crossing next week but I just remembered I have a Switch copy of Yooka-Laylee that I bought a year and a half ago without even owning the console. Not super in the mood for that type of game at the moment but at least I have something to hold me over haha 

48 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Thought I wasn’t going to play any games on my Switch until Animal Crossing next week but I just remembered I have a Switch copy of Yooka-Laylee that I bought a year and a half ago without even owning the console. Not super in the mood for that type of game at the moment but at least I have something to hold me over haha 

Is it a switch mini or normal switch?