Video Games Thread

dildo69er

2 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I’ve been trying to play rf4 on the switch but I just can’t get into it.

4 is pretty good.  It takes a bit to get into, but once you're invested, you're pretty sucked in.  But my favorite entry was actually Rune Factory Frontier for the Wii, that game was so addictive.  Probably the first title I ever played in the genre where you could also dungeon crawl and raise monsters to fight with you, as a fan of Harvest Moon at the time, it was like that on crack, mashed up with stuff like Pokemon and a dungeon crawler and that shit blew my mind.  Stardew Valley came after, and had a lot of the stuff that I loved about Rune Factory in there as well as it's own charm and mechanics, but when I ultimately weighed both experiences against each other, it was Rune Factory that I had more fun with.

1 hour ago, Kay said:

I mostly just find it to be like... Well, the gaming equivalent of weed. Most games I seek story, challenge and competition. With Stardew I found it just chilled me the fuck out, it's like a warm bath of shiny niceness. Never had a game like it. 

Yeah, that’s how I feel about Animal Crossing. It’s just kind of calming and comforting, no real end goal in mind, just chill and enjoy the peace and cuteness haha. Haven’t tried the new one yet but I will tonight and I’m excited!

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Giving animal crossing a little break and trying to Trials of Mana demo. Love a jrpg and one that isn’t turn based should be fun. Never played the original.

I randomly just played Final Fantasy Adventure for Game Boy which is weirdly the first game in the Mana series. Haven’t played any of the others but I’ve been interested in trying Secret of Mana for a long time. My next RPG is probably gonna be Final Fantasy 9 though, after I get over the excitement of Animal Crossing!

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I randomly just played Final Fantasy Adventure for Game Boy which is weirdly the first game in the Mana series. Haven’t played any of the others but I’ve been interested in trying Secret of Mana for a long time. My next RPG is probably gonna be Final Fantasy 9 though, after I get over the excitement of Animal Crossing!

Well you’re in luck with the switch because they brought the collection of mana last year which has like 3 of the original games. I played through ff9 earlier this year. It’s great.

9 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Well you’re in luck with the switch because they brought the collection of mana last year which has like 3 of the original games. I played through ff9 earlier this year. It’s great.

I have Secret of Mana on the SNES Classic Edition, so if I really love it and decide I need more I might check out the collection for the third game. I'm really looking forward to FF9 though! I've been having a great time playing through the series over the last couple years. I've loved almost all of them, except FF2, which I hated lol.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I have Secret of Mana on the SNES Classic Edition, so if I really love it and decide I need more I might check out the collection for the third game. I'm really looking forward to FF9 though! I've been having a great time playing through the series over the last couple years. I've loved almost all of them, except FF2, which I hated lol.

I’m assuming you’re doing them in order. You’ve got 10 coming up! Probably my favourite one.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I’m assuming you’re doing them in order. You’ve got 10 coming up! Probably my favourite one.

Yeah, mostly in order. I started with 6 though which is what got me into the series and really what got me back in JRPGs in general after not playing any for probably a decade. That and Chrono Trigger. After I finished FF6 I started the series from the beginning.

• Like 1

My island is coming along nicely. Everybody has moved in. Second room has been added to my house. So much debt for that one. Town hall building commencement has started I think. The resident services will  closed tomorrow which I think means town hall? Either way. This game is great.

• Like 2