Video Games Thread

dildo69er

19 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

So apparently some images from what we’re meant to be included in an ad for a new Flipnote game have been leaked online. They were apparently taken off Nintendo CDN. Seems there has been a bit of a data breach for switch stuff with all the mario News leaking and some YouTube channel has gotten access to Pokemon DLC music.

Take it as a grain of salt with the date being what it is but these images were definitely leaked a few days ago. I’ll spoiler em just in case:

Reveal hidden contents

4-DDD8-CFF-AF70-4-FD4-BCBD-0163-B546-FD9
-We got Cappy there on koizimu head with the 2’s in 2020 made red. Likely hint of mario odyssey 2 

- metroid

-pikmin

-paper mario

-pokemon mystery dungeon maybe new game or dlc because the bear is the sword and shield dlc mon

- no idea

3-DE44523-1-F3-A-488-E-A43-F-F87837398-A

-animal crossing dlc

-the pirate from Skyward Sword holding a switch with link behind him most likely skyward sword on switch

-Not sure

-arms fighter for smash most likely

-Luigi mansion dlc

- more pikmin

Seemed like a realistic thing that could come to the Switch while being quite reasonable, but I guess that Flipnote Studio announcement was an April Fools joke.  The Mario rumors still appear to be holding up as legit though.

Does anyone have Ring Fit Adventure for the Switch? I've come to the realization that I just absolutely abhor running with all my heart, so I'm looking for alternative ways to exercise during quarantine that are hopefully more fun. Is it a decent workout? Is it fun?

Might need to break out my Mario DDR for GameCube this week lol

6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Does anyone have Ring Fit Adventure for the Switch? I've come to the realization that I just absolutely abhor running with all my heart, so I'm looking for alternative ways to exercise during quarantine that are hopefully more fun. Is it a decent workout? Is it fun?

Might need to break out my Mario DDR for GameCube this week lol

I have it, it is fun, and definitely can make for a good workout.  I've seen a few stories of people that play it religiously and it has legit helped them lose weight and get more fit.  I personally haven't seen much change, but that's because I've been so bad, especially lately with quarantine, eating junk food and whatnot.  

While it is fun, there is no denying that you'll feel the burn all the same, you can disguise working out all you like, but at the end of the day, your body still knows it's getting a workout.  But all things considered, it is one of the more fun ways to get the task done.  Still its much more compelling of a title to come back to regularly than any of the Wii Fit titles ever were.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, M!ke said:

I have it, it is fun, and definitely can make for a good workout.  I've seen a few stories of people that play it religiously and it has legit helped them lose weight and get more fit.  I personally haven't seen much change, but that's because I've been so bad, especially lately with quarantine, eating junk food and whatnot.  

While it is fun, there is no denying that you'll feel the burn all the same, you can disguise working out all you like, but at the end of the day, your body still knows it's getting a workout.  But all things considered, it is one of the more fun ways to get the task done.  Still its much more compelling of a title to come back to regularly than any of the Wii Fit titles ever were.

I think I’m going to get it! There are other Switch games I want more but the added benefit of getting some exercise feels like something I could really use during this weird time of lockdown. It looks fun too!

Turns out the Switch I got last week is broken. :( The whole screen just explodes in colors every time I reach certain scenes in the game. Tried to change the game but it didn't work, so looks like I'll have to drag my ass down to the game store once again.

• Sad 2

55 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Okay never mind, I'm not getting Ring Fit Adventure. Nowhere sells it anymore and it's going for $200+ used. Oh well!

Shit, I had heard the game was hard to come by right now, didn't realize used copies were going for so much at that.

Had to send the Switch away for service. At first the support-guy didn't want to take it in because of the corona virus! I'm usually a bit shy of conflict but managed to convince the dude that it would make the shop look bad if they sold broken stuff without being willing to fix it afterwards. Glad it turned out okay because it'd suck having to be stuck with a broken console just a week after the purchase.

On 4/4/2020 at 2:49 AM, Maddey said:

Had to send the Switch away for service. At first the support-guy didn't want to take it in because of the corona virus! I'm usually a bit shy of conflict but managed to convince the dude that it would make the shop look bad if they sold broken stuff without being willing to fix it afterwards. Glad it turned out okay because it'd suck having to be stuck with a broken console just a week after the purchase.

What was wrong with your Switch?

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

What was wrong with your Switch?

The screen couldn't handle cutscenes, for some reason. The picture froze and flickered so much it was impossible to see anything. Otherwise it was fine, so I dunno what caused it. The shop had to send it away to some other place to have a closer look at it, so it seems like it might take a while to fix this thing.