Video Games Thread

dildo69er

I'm stilling slogging my way through my Switch backlog, which has been one of the silver linings of the quarantine. Over the last few months I've played through Super Mario Odyssey, Luigi's Mansion 3, Link's Awakening, Dark Souls Remastered, Slay the Spire, and Smash Bros. 

My remaining games are Civilization VI, Crash Bandicoot N Sane trilogy, South Park: TFBW, Zelda: BOTW, Into the Breach, Downwell, and Okami HD. I'll probably try out Civilization VI since I love board games and strategy games, but man, I've already been watching tutorial videos due to the steep learning curve and these videos are like 3 hours long.  

21 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

It's cause you were a kid and sucked, same thing happened with me. Seemed to take me like a month to beat as a kid. I beat the Switch version in like a week, while only playing it a couple hours a day. It's supposed to take 9-12 hours. 

Damn. That was one of the first video games I ever played and it took like my entire childhood to actually beat. Started it probably 2nd grade and beat it in high school.

Same story with Link to the Past.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

I remember the original being a long game..Was that because I was a kid and sucked and kept getting stuck? Or did they change it?

Haha I also remembered it being a long game from my childhood but I played it again about a year ago and it was over pretty quick. Still lots of fun though!

6 hours ago, Maddey said:

I've been thinking about giving it a go, but also been a bit skeptical because I'm not too fond of the style. Is it like, a genuinely good game or do people mostly like it because of nostalgia?

It’s a genuinely good Zelda game if you enjoy the 2D style ones!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom Bot said:

I'm stilling slogging my way through my Switch backlog, which has been one of the silver linings of the quarantine. Over the last few months I've played through Super Mario Odyssey, Luigi's Mansion 3, Link's Awakening, Dark Souls Remastered, Slay the Spire, and Smash Bros. 

My remaining games are Civilization VI, Crash Bandicoot N Sane trilogy, South Park: TFBW, Zelda: BOTW, Into the Breach, Downwell, and Okami HD. I'll probably try out Civilization VI since I love board games and strategy games, but man, I've already been watching tutorial videos due to the steep learning curve and these videos are like 3 hours long.  

If you like strategy games you can’t skip the newest Fire Emblem. So good. 

50 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I bought Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle because it was 75% off I think. Haven’t played it and I’m not planning to quite yet but it was such a good deal lol. I’ll play it eventually, I haven’t played a strategy game in forever. Advance Wars was probably my favorite GBA game.

53 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I tried the Fire Emblem game on the 3DS and couldn't get into it at all. I've heard lots of people say the Switch one is great, but the same thing happened with the 3DS one. I feel like the series is just not for me and there's something about the art style/characters that irks me, I kind of get waifu vibes from it. 

2 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I bought Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle because it was 75% off I think. Haven’t played it and I’m not planning to quite yet but it was such a good deal lol. I’ll play it eventually, I haven’t played a strategy game in forever. Advance Wars was probably my favorite GBA game.

Have you played Wargroove? I've heard it's the closest game to Advance Wars. 

7 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

I tried the Fire Emblem game on the 3DS and couldn't get into it at all. I've heard lots of people say the Switch one is great, but the same thing happened with the 3DS one. I feel like the series is just not for me and there's something about the art style/characters that irks me, I kind of get waifu vibes from it. 

Hahah okay. Yeah maybe avoid it. It’s definitely waifu bait, don’t get wrong the battle system is amazing and highly enjoyable but the rest of the game is basically building relationships with the other characters in a sort of dating sim kinda way as the most basic way of explaining.

On 4/27/2020 at 1:30 AM, Russel Coight said:

Also apparently large amounts of The Last of Us part 2 has leaked online. If you care do your beat to avoid spoilers. Gonna be tough. Hopefully can make it to release without getting it ruined.

'The Last Of Us'

edit: fuck didn’t make it a day lol people are cunts 

Gotta ask.... I figured the gist of why people are mad without getting spoiled by the story.... is it as bad as they really say it is? 

On 5/1/2020 at 2:52 AM, bojangles said:

Gotta ask.... I figured the gist of why people are mad without getting spoiled by the story.... is it as bad as they really say it is? 

Well I didn’t see the story spoiler just certain things. I’ve avoided the majority of stuff but saw a major thing or two.

I don’t have much idea about the story at all which is good.

4 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Snagged myself a PS2 for $20 over the weekend. Gonna hack the cunt and play a ton of games.

Suggestions please.

Tomb Raider! The get the camera to look at her butt and boobs and post the screenshots!

And not that snowflake Lara Croft from the new games ... I want the original ... real women have angles. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Tomb Raider! The get the camera to look at her butt and boobs and post the screenshots!

And not that snowflake Lara Croft from the new games ... I want the original ... real women have angles. 

If you can’t lose an eye to the the point of some girls triangle boob then why even live?

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 1:02 PM, Tom Bot said:

It's pretty much all but confirmed that Nintendo will re-release Super Mario Sunshine (Gamecube), Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 (Wii), and I think Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) onto the Switch. Not sure if they will be packaged together or sold separately though. 

Mario 64 is part of the rumor too.  As well as apparently a new Paper Mario in the style of the first two entries. It sounds too good to be true, but it's been corroborated by a few reliable sources at this point.  It's still a rumor all the same.

2 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Mario 64 is part of the rumor too.  As well as apparently a new Paper Mario in the style of the first two entries. It sounds too good to be true, but it's been corroborated by a few reliable sources at this point.  It's still a rumor all the same.

Yeah and who knows now that corona has delayed countless things. Nintendo isn’t even doing a June direct in place of E3 this year since they can’t get stuff done. Everything might be delayed.

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

Yeah and who knows now that corona has delayed countless things. Nintendo isn’t even doing a June direct in place of E3 this year since they can’t get stuff done. Everything might be delayed.

True.  I'm sure they'll get at least one big release out in time for the holidays though, especially with Sony and Microsoft releasing new hardware around then.

Just picked up Animal Crossing the other day (traded Link's Awakening with a guy over Craigslist). It's my first AC game, but I played Stardew Valley which felt kind of similar.

I'm enjoying it, but it feels a bit limited in things to do so far. I'm still really early into the game (just donated enough stuff to have the museum built, but I'm still waiting for the museum to actually get finished). I actually don't really know what to do at this point aside from doing random stuff in the hopes of finding new recipes and fish/insects. All the rocks are gone so I can't get clay or iron to build some of the recipes. I'm guessing you need to wait for a new day for things to replenish? 

1 minute ago, Tom Bot said:

Just picked up Animal Crossing the other day (traded Link's Awakening with a guy over Craigslist). It's my first AC game, but I played Stardew Valley which felt kind of similar.

I'm enjoying it, but it feels a bit limited in things to do so far. I'm still really early into the game (just donated enough stuff to have the museum built, but I'm still waiting for the museum to actually get finished). I actually don't really know what to do at this point aside from doing random stuff in the hopes of finding new recipes and fish/insects. All the rocks are gone so I can't get clay or iron to build some of the recipes. I'm guessing you need to wait for a new day for things to replenish? 

Spend you nook miles on A ticket to visit other islands and smash the rocks there.