Video Games Thread

dildo69er

4 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Spend you nook miles on A ticket to visit other islands and smash the rocks there.

Oh sweet, didn't know you could take back resources from other people's islands. I was waiting to hit end-game stage to visit other people's islands. Thanks for the tip man! 

6 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

Oh sweet, didn't know you could take back resources from other people's islands. I was waiting to hit end-game stage to visit other people's islands. Thanks for the tip man! 

Well there’s other players islands but what I’m talking about is the random islands you can visit. They aren’t player islands but game generated ones. You go to the terminal at Tom Nooks place and buy a ticket( I can’t remember what it’s called) and then take it to the airport and the dodo cunt will say you’ve got a ticket and can go. They’re just random so you’ll never know where you’ll end up. You can get different fruit and shit that way too. You don’t need to be online for these islands or anything.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 12:46 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

Made some blink records on acpatterns.com lol

neighborhoods was impossible to recreate so I stopped at untitled.

@Ry-Bread, don’t know if this is worth sharing on the Twitter account or not but I figured I’d let you see it. I know Mark loves Animal Crossing!

How did you go about making those Blink album pictures? Was it via uploading images to the Nintendo Switch online app? 

Edit - just saw you used that website! I'm going to copy you on the Blink albums lol, might do some Canucks logos/jerseys as well. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

paper mario announced. The mario rumours were real. Can’t wait for sunshine on the switch.

Yeah, I'm losing my shit.  Plus that looks like the best Paper Mario since the Gamecube entry.  Nintendo has been on a roll lately, as a big fanboy of theirs I can't help but love to watch them succeed doing what they do best.

On 4/9/2020 at 7:00 AM, Russel Coight said:

There’s 40+ hours worth of gameplay. They’ve fleshed a lot out. It’s a full game.

I'm quite deep into this now, did you do all the side quests and the research to get the new materia? I'm currently on level 48 at the Shinra battle simulator where I've been doing some serious levelling up. Need to try and take down Bahmaut but he's a right little cunt.

59 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I'm quite deep into this now, did you do all the side quests and the research to get the new materia? I'm currently on level 48 at the Shinra battle simulator where I've been doing some serious levelling up. Need to try and take down Bahmaut but he's a right little cunt.

I did everything I could. Replayed the whole game on hard mode and got that platinum trophy. Loved it. You haven’t finished the story yet?

I've definitely been playing Animal Crossing a lot less lately. Still enjoying it though. My island is an absolutely disaster though, it's so ugly lol. I'm making my way through FF9 at the moment and having a good time with it. Not sure what game I'll play next once I finish it.

I'm thrilled about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2. Can't wait to play that. 3 was always my favorite though so I hope 3's getting remastered in the future!

I dropped animal crossing. It was fun for a while but eh got over it. Super hyped for tony

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Not sure what game I'll play next once I finish it.

If you’re looking for a good jrpg Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition is coming out for the switch soon. Such a good game. I played the original on the wii it’s so good. Huge story. Lots of shit to do. Battle style is a little different but once it opens up its fun. This one isn’t as waifu/anime as the xenoblade chronicles 2 of Thats off putting for you haha.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I dropped animal crossing. It was fun for a while but eh got over it. Super hyped for tony

If you’re looking for a good jrpg Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition is coming out for the switch soon. Such a good game. I played the original on the wii it’s so good. Huge story. Lots of shit to do. Battle style is a little different but once it opens up its fun. This one isn’t as waifu/anime as the xenoblade chronicles 2 of Thats off putting for you haha.

I got Xenoblade Chronicles X on the Wii U and it was overwhelming for me. So many menus, such a weird battle system that I wasn't used to, none of it explained well. I only played for about 8 hours but I stopped, especially because I found out it's a 100+ hour game and it felt super daunting lol. I generally prefer turned-based RPGs, though there are exceptions. Still can't wait to eventually play FF7 Remake.

1 minute ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I got Xenoblade Chronicles X on the Wii U and it was overwhelming for me. So many menus, such a weird battle system that I wasn't used to, none of it explained well. I only played for about 8 hours but I stopped, especially because I found out it's a 100+ hour game and it felt super daunting lol. I generally prefer turned-based RPGs, though there are exceptions. Still can't wait to eventually play FF7 Remake.

X is like the weird cousin to 1 and 2. It’s similar but different. The main story is actually super short in X so you can actually smash it out in a short time but there is just like unlimited side quests and exploration. But yeah it’s not turn based and using arts takes a while to get used to but it really does open up. It’s up there with my favourite series of games. I’ve put over 400 hours into XBC2 on the switch lol. That does include the expansion prequel but still there’s just so much to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

X is like the weird cousin to 1 and 2. It’s similar but different. The main story is actually super short in X so you can actually smash it out in a short time but there is just like unlimited side quests and exploration. But yeah it’s not turn based and using arts takes a while to get used to but it really does open up. It’s up there with my favourite series of games. I’ve put over 400 hours into XBC2 on the switch lol. That does include the expansion prequel but still there’s just so much to do.

I'll probably give it another shot one of these days when I'm bored, but I have to be in the right mood! I've heard basically nothing but good things about the series.

I'll probably continue to slowly make my way through the Final Fantasy series, but honestly 9 was the last one I was super looking forward to playing. I've heard 10 is great but for some reason it doesn't appeal to me as much. Though to be fair 8 didn't really appeal to me either and I ended up really liking it. Don't want to touch the MMOs though.

23 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I'll probably give it another shot one of these days when I'm bored, but I have to be in the right mood! I've heard basically nothing but good things about the series.

I'll probably continue to slowly make my way through the Final Fantasy series, but honestly 9 was the last one I was super looking forward to playing. I've heard 10 is great but for some reason it doesn't appeal to me as much. Though to be fair 8 didn't really appeal to me either and I ended up really liking it. Don't want to touch the MMOs though.

Honestly 10 is great. It’s the best of the turn based combat. You can switch party members in battle which makes levelling everyone way easier. The skill tree system (I can’t remember what it’s called in this game) is pretty cool too.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I love X, once you get your own giant Mech, that game gets so fuckin satisfying.

21 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I play xeno games for the story which is barely even there in X.

Yeah, you definitely don't play X for it's story, I think that helps differentiate it all the more from the mainline titles.