Video Games Thread

dildo69er

1 minute ago, ...Dan... said:

I had the choice between Days Gone and Spiderman for £15 on the sale, my thirst for post apocalypse was at an all time high as it was a few weeks before TLOU2 came out, really regret that decision now.

To be fair, I did really enjoy spiderman, it's the only game I've sat and played in a long time that's not sports games. 

I'm not a big gamer, I just like being able to play against a few friends online on f1 / fifa. 

I have friends that are big time gamers though that love open world games. 

Yakuza are go too's for them, along with the FF series.

Have you tried that Detroit: Become Human game? that's pretty good too, but a slow burner. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I need a new game to play, PS4 and doesn't have to be new - just good. I've only played Red Dead 2, Final Fantasy 7, Days Gone and The Last of Us 2 in the past 2-3 years.

I'm mainly into linear single player games with a good story, I do like open world games but only if the world feels really alive (nothing worse than trapsing through vast landscapes with nothing going on)

Any recs?

I've heard amazing things about God of War? Or Horizon Zero Dawn. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I need a new game to play, PS4 and doesn't have to be new - just good. I've only played Red Dead 2, Final Fantasy 7, Days Gone and The Last of Us 2 in the past 2-3 years.

I'm mainly into linear single player games with a good story, I do like open world games but only if the world feels really alive (nothing worse than trapsing through vast landscapes with nothing going on)

Any recs?

I just played through FFXV. It was decent. Fun combat. Story isn’t great but it gets better if you play the dlc too. The royal edition was on sale for like $22AUD which includes all the dlc. It does have a pretty bland open world though but you manage to find things to do.

I downloaded Kingdom hearts trilogy too. Been playing the first one. Its fun. Childish in a way but it’s the first game I think it gets more serious as it goes on.

Spiderman is great. 

• Like 1

Shadow of Mordor/War are pretty fun too. It’s like a mix of assassins creed and Arkham knight set in the lotr universe. Takes a huge dump on the lotr lore but it’s super fun and the nemesis system they created for it is pretty cool. Should be pretty crazy cheap by now too.

2 hours ago, Speedo said:

My friend sent me an ad from Chipotle giving away a demo of the THPS remake, the only problem is you have to eat Chipotle to get it.

the only thing I know about Chipotle is from the South Park episode where they say it makes you shit blood. What kind of food is it?

10 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Shadow of Mordor/War are pretty fun too. It’s like a mix of assassins creed and Arkham knight set in the lotr universe. Takes a huge dump on the lotr lore but it’s super fun and the nemesis system they created for it is pretty cool. Should be pretty crazy cheap by now too.

the only thing I know about Chipotle is from the South Park episode where they say it makes you shit blood. What kind of food is it?

"Mexican". It's burritos, basically. They're shit though. They had a problem with Ecoli or salmonella or something a while back ... the distributor they were using had something tainted ... so the South Park thing makes sense.

• Like 1

I can vouch for Spider-man. That game was super fun. I don't own a PS4 but I played through the whole game on my brother-in-law's system and I loved it. I wish it wasn't Playstation exclusive because I'd definitely buy that game if I could, even though I've already played through it.

Jedi Fallen Order is another fun one if you haven't played that. Possibly the best Star Wars game I've played.

• Like 1

@...Dan... are you considering getting a PS5? If so and you’re also considering Spiderman then it may be best to wait. Rumour seems to be that the new Spiderman: Miles Morales for PS5 will include the PS4 Spider-man with upgraded graphics as well as the Miles spin off game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

@...Dan... are you considering getting a PS5? If so and you’re also considering Spiderman then it may be best to wait. Rumour seems to be that the new Spiderman: Miles Morales for PS5 will include the PS4 Spider-man with upgraded graphics as well as the Miles spin off game.

This is worth the wait, thanks!

I know we've been talking the THPS remaster in the skate 3 thread but - 

I've been playing the warehouse demo all evening, fucking love it. So excited for the full game now. 

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

I know we've been talking the THPS remaster in the skate 3 thread but - 

I've been playing the warehouse demo all evening, fucking love it. So excited for the full game now. 

Do the physics feel the same as the original games?

25 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Do the physics feel the same as the original games?

Basically yeah, although with the extra elements like wall plants and reverts and flat ground tricks in manuals and stuff it's definitely lifted and more combo fluid than the original two games. After a few rounds it was like the last 20 years didn't happen and I was 11 again playing PS1 lol. 

The demo has none of the challenges it's just a score counter and a 2 minute session limit but it feels so *right*. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kay said:

Basically yeah, although with the extra elements like wall plants and reverts and flat ground tricks in manuals and stuff it's definitely lifted and more combo fluid than the original two games. After a few rounds it was like the last 20 years didn't happen and I was 11 again playing PS1 lol. 

The demo has none of the challenges it's just a score counter and a 2 minute session limit but it feels so *right*. 

The demo legit sounds like the same demo that came with pizza from Pizza Hut all those years ago for the original THPS, same location (Warehouse), and I believe was a 2 minute time limit as well.  I bet they intentionally made it the same demo for the modern remake.  Played the shit out of that demo back then.  Does the demo play only one song, Superman by Goldfinger?  I'd laugh so hard if it does, cuz there would be no denying it at that point that they purposely made it the same demo.

19 minutes ago, M!ke said:

The demo legit sounds like the same demo that came with pizza from Pizza Hut all those years ago for the original THPS, same location (Warehouse), and I believe was a 2 minute time limit as well.  I bet they intentionally made it the same demo for the modern remake.  Played the shit out of that demo back then.  Does the demo play only one song, Superman by Goldfinger?  I'd laugh so hard if it does, cuz there would be no denying it at that point that they purposely made it the same demo.

It's a 2 minute time limit and here is the soundtrack available: 

Billy Talent – “Afraid of Heights”

Goldfinger – “Superman”

Rage Against the Machine – “Guerrilla Radio”

Tyrone Briggs – “Lose Control”

24 minutes ago, Speedo said:

It's a 2 minute time limit and here is the soundtrack available: 

Billy Talent – “Afraid of Heights”

Goldfinger – “Superman”

Rage Against the Machine – “Guerrilla Radio”

Tyrone Briggs – “Lose Control”

Ha, sounds like they made the same demo as they did all those years ago, that's awesome.

1 minute ago, Tom Bot said:

Zelda: Skyward Sword port for the Switch was listed on Amazon. Was this game any good? I never played it. 

https://www.ign.com/articles/zelda-skyward-sword-nintendo-switch-port-leak-amazon

It was okay ... it got a lot of hate but I enjoyed it. A shitty Zelda game is still a pretty good game. 

• Like 1