Video Games Thread

dildo69er

5 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Did you have Mario Odyssey? That’s another game I want that I haven’t gotten around to yet but I’ve heard it’s great.

Nah, only BotW. It was the only game I bought the switch for ...

17 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

You should take it back off him. V1 switches are worth a bit these days. You could prob buy heaven if you sold it.

I don't know that I had a V1 ... maybe I did?

4 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

blows my mind that it's only for sale until March. But I just pre-ordered it so doesn't affect me much.

what blows my mind even more is that the new Super Mario Bros. 35 game will only be PLAYABLE until March. wtf.

New Mario Kart looks really fun though lol. Not sure if I'd have anywhere to play it really so I probably won't get it, but I'd love to try it.

Yeah, that new Mario Kart is such a brilliant idea, mixing toys and video games and AR into one coherent package is sure to appeal to children all over.  Hell, I'm an adult and I want to get it.  It's good to see Nintendo never stop being Nintendo, you know?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

Well, you win some, you lose some, I suppose. What's the big deal with it anyway?

First Version was just easily hackable basically so for dodgy Cunts that wanna pirate easily and emulate older consoles etc it’s valuable. The newer ones all require a modchip to be soldered on so it’s way harder. 

17 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

I love this package but where the fuck is galaxy 2????

Yeah, and what's really frustrating is that adding Galaxy 2 would be the perfect way to mirror and bookend the OG Super Mario All-Stars.  As we'll recall, All-Stars included 4 games, with 2 of them being very similar since their original games were made in the same engine reusing assets (original Super Mario and The Lost Levels), these were also the first 2 Super Mario entries in the collection chronologically.  Having Galaxy 2 in 3D All-Stars would give the title 4 games, with 2 of them being verys imilar since their original games were made in the same engine reusing assets, and these would be the final 2 Super Mario entries in the 3D All-Stars collection chronologically.  Seriously, the more I think about Galaxy 2 not being included, the more annoyed I get.  The only hope I have is that maybe it's a secret unlockable after you beat Galaxy 1 and  they're holding that reveal off as a surprise for us when playing the game.  Not gonna hold my breath on that, but not impossible, way back when Super Mario Bros. DX was put on the GBC, they advertised it as only SMB1 on the GBC, but if you beat SMB1 you were treated to the surprise that all of the Lost Levels was in that title as well, so it's not something Nintendo hasn't done before, but still I'm not banking on this being the case.

• Like 1

Galaxy 2 will be released after the timed release of the three games is over. Each game will likely be sold separately after March 31st and Galaxy 2 will also be sold seperate and possibly as dlc at a cheaper price for people who bought the games as a package.

There's a rumour (based on nothing aside from a trademark + speculation) that there could be similar anniversary packages for Zelda and/or Metroid. This also lines up with the Skyward Sword/Metroid Prime trilogy port rumour to the Switch. The idea is that the limited time to purchase this Mario package is designed so that Nintendo can do the same for the other games without being overshadowed by Mario. Not sure I believe it fully - but I'm thinking this Mario 3D All Stars is a test to see the market for remakes and they will follow suit with other franchises if it proves to be successful. 

I'm excited to pick up Super Mario 3D All Stars. I never played through any of the 3 games, aside from playing a bit at friends' houses who owned the games. 

Zelda is happening. I have 0 doubts about that. I do wonder how they would do it though. Twilight princess and Wind waker would most likely be the HD remasters and you’d assume the same for Skyward Sword so I do doubt they’d release them as a package since there a bit more than the straight up ports we are getting with Mario. So if we did get a package thing I assume it would be Ocarina + Majora + a third game but I can’t think what that could be. Four swords maybe?

9 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Zelda is happening. I have 0 doubts about that. I do wonder how they would do it though. Twilight princess and Wind waker would most likely be the HD remasters and you’d assume the same for Skyward Sword so I do doubt they’d release them as a package since there a bit more than the straight up ports we are getting with Mario. So if we did get a package thing I assume it would be Ocarina + Majora + a third game but I can’t think what that could be. Four swords maybe?

Yeah I dunno. If they aren't bundling the newer titles that you mentioned, then I would love to see ports of Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks and even the Minish Cap.