Video Games Thread

dildo69er

8 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

If that’s true I’m kind of glad I haven’t bought it for PC yet!

Yeah apparently switch files were found in the data mine of the pc demo and Nintendo had a “partners showcase direct” tomorrow so looking good.

• Wow 1

@Speedo we mentioned this the other day when you were thinking of getting Spiderman for PS4. Spiderman Miles Morales on PS5 does come with a remastered version of the PS$ game but only when you buy the "Ultimate Edition" of Miles Morales for PS5 which is like $20 more then the standard edition that doesn't include it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

@Speedo we mentioned this the other day when you were thinking of getting Spiderman for PS4. Spiderman Miles Morales on PS5 does come with a remastered version of the PS$ game but only when you buy the "Ultimate Edition" of Miles Morales for PS5 which is like $20 more then the standard edition that doesn't include it.

Awesome! I wasn't aware of that, thanks!

On 9/16/2020 at 6:32 AM, Jan's Plan said:

Might end up watching this, really taken back by all this

thanks for reminding me of this. I just watched it because of this post. It was a great watch! Very nostalgic and even had a few appearances of our savior John Feldmann!

seriously though watching this made me happy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I miss the days when Spider-man games weren't Sony exclusive. I feel like because they had to start sharing movie rights with Marvel they decided to hog the video games to make up for it.

I hate exclusive titles. No game is worth buying an entire console over and there's so many different ways to play games now that it gets more and more irritating. I know it's for money money money and console loyality but as a customer it irritates me. I was gifted a PS4 purely for Spiderman, which I loved, but I've barely played that console since. It's a waste and I feel guilty for it all the time, I play my xbox every day though. 

• Like 2

I think I'll get a PS5 digital edition. I know it seems stupid, but I just prefer the control pad on PS.  

Spider-man is also a deciding factor in this, but I won't be getting one for another 12 months at least. How much are the games going to retail at? 

The only consoles I ever seemed to stick to were Nintendo, mainly because of my love for that little plumber. 

SNES, N64, PS2, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox360, Wii, PS4 are the consoles I've owned. 

I think I actually want the Switch more than another next gen console. 

10 minutes ago, Bucko said:

I think I'll get a PS5 digital edition. I know it seems stupid, but I just prefer the control pad on PS.  

Spider-man is also a deciding factor in this, but I won't be getting one for another 12 months at least. How much are the games going to retail at? 

The only consoles I ever seemed to stick to were Nintendo, mainly because of my love for that little plumber. 

SNES, N64, PS2, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox360, Wii, PS4 are the consoles I've owned. 

I think I actually want the Switch more than another next gen console. 

I was PlayStation 1 and 2, switched to xbox for 360. Was actually preferring the PS4 last time but all my friends were on xbox so I went with xbox which in hindsight I'm glad of, the PS4 UI is kind of annoying. 

Had a SNES as a kid but that's about it before PS1. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kay said:

I hate exclusive titles. No game is worth buying an entire console over and there's so many different ways to play games now that it gets more and more irritating. I know it's for money money money and console loyality but as a customer it irritates me. I was gifted a PS4 purely for Spiderman, which I loved, but I've barely played that console since. It's a waste and I feel guilty for it all the time, I play my xbox every day though. 

Yeah, there are a few Playstation games that I'd love to play, but not enough to buy a console for. Luckily I got to play through the entirety of Spider-man last summer when my brother in law was here with his PS4. Loved the game. I would definitely buy it even though I've already finished it, if I had a console I could play it on. For now I'm good with just my Switch and PC, which really covers 90% of the games I want to play, which is good enough.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kay said:

It made sense back in the Halo days, but now it's just like no game is that needing to be exclusive or great enough to pull a console.  I'm even at the point where it's like, let me play Mario on my PS4.

• Love 1

I’ve owned every Nintendo console and an Xbox 360 and nothing else lol

I always hated PlayStation controllers. I hate the shape, they never felt good in my hands. Though PS4 controllers are the first that I actually kind of like. Subtly different design but it sure feels better in my hand than past PlayStation controllers.

I think the 360 and GameCube controllers are best.

I've owned every Nintendo console except for the Gamecube and Wii-U. Only ever had a PS2 for Sony products (agreed on the controllers, they always felt too small even as a kid - and I hate how the analog sticks are right next to each other as opposed to diagonally). 

I'd go N64 (first 3D experience + 4 player splitscreen) > SNES > Xbox (first online multiplayer console) > Xbox 360 > Switch > Xbox One > Wii > PS2. 

Just a few hours into Mario 64 and I already have 60 stars 😂 I’m amazed at how well I remember everything in this game. There’s no exploring, there’s no guessing, I mastered this game as a child and I still remember everything haha. Didn’t expect it to be quite this easy for me. Sunshine and Galaxy will definitely not be the same. I beat those games only one time each, while I’ve beaten 64 tons of times. I’m not anywhere near as familiar with them, especially not Galaxy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Just a few hours into Mario 64 and I already have 60 stars 😂 I’m amazed at how well I remember everything in this game. There’s no exploring, there’s no guessing, I mastered this game as a child and I still remember everything haha. Didn’t expect it to be quite this easy for me. Sunshine and Galaxy will definitely not be the same. I beat those games only one time each, while I’ve beaten 64 tons of times. I’m not anywhere near as familiar with them, especially not Galaxy.

I started with sunshine as I’ve played 64 a few times over the years but haven’t touched Sunshine since the GameCube days. Crazy how quick your brain remembers everything.

Never played Galaxy before so keen to give that a go.

100% completed Mario 64 already. I've only done that one other time, and I think I was seven years old at the time. I've beaten the game loads of times but only got all 120 stars the one time. Still easily one of my favorite games of all time.

Started Sunshine but I don't know if I'm in the mood to play through another 3D Mario just yet. Might play something else and come back to it later. I really hate that they un-inverted the FLUDD controls. It feels so terrible to play like that. 18 year old muscle memory is annoying as hell to get over. I keep shooting up when I want to shoot down. Down when I want to shoot up. It's infuriating but I feel like I could get used to it after a little while.

I saw someone on Twitter say that they didn't do that in the Australian release. Any truth to that @Russel Coight?

23 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

100% completed Mario 64 already. I've only done that one other time, and I think I was seven years old at the time. I've beaten the game loads of times but only got all 120 stars the one time. Still easily one of my favorite games of all time.

Started Sunshine but I don't know if I'm in the mood to play through another 3D Mario just yet. Might play something else and come back to it later. I really hate that they un-inverted the FLUDD controls. It feels so terrible to play like that. 18 year old muscle memory is annoying as hell to get over. I keep shooting up when I want to shoot down. Down when I want to shoot up. It's infuriating but I feel like I could get used to it after a little while.

I saw someone on Twitter say that they didn't do that in the Australian release. Any truth to that @Russel Coight?

Nah it’s the same all over. It’s a “world” cart. There’s no difference between US, UK, Australia etc. All the same. Feel like someone might’ve been making an ‘Australia is upside down’ joke.

You definitely do get used to it though. Took me about 20 stars for it to happen though.

7 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Nah it’s the same all over. It’s a “world” cart. There’s no difference between US, UK, Australia etc. All the same. Feel like someone might’ve been making an ‘Australia is upside down’ joke.

You definitely do get used to it though. Took me about 20 stars for it to happen though.

Yeah I thought it would have been weird if they didn't do that in one region only. I don't understand the thought process behind the change at all.

I see people complaining that the camera is also inverted (or un-inverted?) but actually the camera doesn't bother me at all. I don't even notice a difference tbh. But spraying water is tough to get used to. I'd like for them to give us the option to invert the controls in a patch.

What's weird to me is that an official first-party GameCube controller adapter literally exists for the Switch, but the only GameCube game that's playable on the Switch doesn't support it. I mean it'd be kind of annoying anyway since I'd have to seriously rearrange my current setup to play with a wired controller, but you'd think that would at least be an option.