Video Games Thread

dildo69er

33 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Yeah I thought it would have been weird if they didn't do that in one region only. I don't understand the thought process behind the change at all.

I see people complaining that the camera is also inverted (or un-inverted?) but actually the camera doesn't bother me at all. I don't even notice a difference tbh. But spraying water is tough to get used to. I'd like for them to give us the option to invert the controls in a patch.

What's weird to me is that an official first-party GameCube controller adapter literally exists for the Switch, but the only GameCube game that's playable on the Switch doesn't support it. I mean it'd be kind of annoying anyway since I'd have to seriously rearrange my current setup to play with a wired controller, but you'd think that would at least be an option.

Yeah it’s weird they change stuff like that but then leave the GameCube button prompts. I know it’s just a GameCube rom running in an emulator but still why change one thing but not the other? Weird. 

And yeah. Not having the GameCube controller work with it is super weird. I don’t own one but it should have definitely been an option. It definitely feels like a bit of a rushed release. 64 should’ve been widescreen too.

Welp, this is exactly why I didn't want a console back, went 2+ years without one, was more productive in general, but also more stressed. I've come home about everyday after work and flipped this on and end up playing about 5 hours, early into the AM.

On the flip side, I'm not drinking after work anymore because this seems to take its place to take your mind off things, but yeah I'm totally addicted. If Tony Hawk ever goes online with it's better modes I'm utterly fucked.  NBA sucks but I still can't stop developing my team.  Some kids beat me with some cheap tactics talking shit in the mic and it lit a fire under me to get good again.

I'm such a sucker for sales, been using Deku Deals to keep track of all the Switch deals for games I'm interested in. I just started Undertale the other day and wow is it different than your average indie game. Now my backlog has grown to (I'm going to list it more for my benefit of keeping track lol): 

Hades, Into the Breach, Wargroove, Risk of Rain 2, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Okami: HD, South Park: the Fractured But Whole, Civilization VI, Downwell, and Divinity: Original Sin 2.

I still want to get Super Mario 3D All-Stars though, I'm going to try to find a good deal on Craigslist as $90 for a re-release of games that are just emulated ports is a bit crazy imo. 

54 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

I'm such a sucker for sales, been using Deku Deals to keep track of all the Switch deals for games I'm interested in. I just started Undertale the other day and wow is it different than your average indie game. Now my backlog has grown to (I'm going to list it more for my benefit of keeping track lol): 

Hades, Into the Breach, Wargroove, Risk of Rain 2, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Okami: HD, South Park: the Fractured But Whole, Civilization VI, Downwell, and Divinity: Original Sin 2.

I still want to get Super Mario 3D All-Stars though, I'm going to try to find a good deal on Craigslist as $90 for a re-release of games that are just emulated ports is a bit crazy imo. 

Yeah I've never bought anything at a grocery store that isn't discounted on sale, I have a couple screenshots of this

First time playing Mario 64 from the beginning (played it a bit at a friends house back in the day). The controls don’t feel that precise and it feels like Mario is running on ice as he slides around easily, and the camera definitely isn’t ideal. But it’s still much better and more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Just played the 1st level and got every star except the flying cap one (I don’t even know where the cap is?), I think I’ll try to 100% this game. I’m more looking forward to Sunshine and Galaxy just based on their polish and looking more modern/being widescreen.

5 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

First time playing Mario 64 from the beginning (played it a bit at a friends house back in the day). The controls don’t feel that precise and it feels like Mario is running on ice as he slides around easily, and the camera definitely isn’t ideal. But it’s still much better and more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Just played the 1st level and got every star except the flying cap one (I don’t even know where the cap is?), I think I’ll try to 100% this game. I’m more looking forward to Sunshine and Galaxy just based on their polish and looking more modern/being widescreen.

So, they did clean up the graphics with Mario 64?

the crazy thing to me is that playing the game in HD for the first time you see things you never noticed before, like how when Mario is further away from the camera he switches to a lower polygon model. I thought it was a glitch at first and then realized I've only ever played the game in 240p before and never would have been able to make that out with that resolution.

On 9/22/2020 at 1:37 PM, Thomas D. said:

Missed out on the PS5 preorders but managed to snatch a Xbox series x this morning. Will have to do until the PS5 is back in stock I suppose. 

Are you going to get both..?

I just found out ps5 is backward compatible even with digital purchases?? This makes me want to consider purchasing