Video Games Thread

dildo69er

So PS4 version with a disc drive is substantially more? That sucks, because I really want a disc drive for old school DVDs but don't want to pay the upcharge.

Absolutely obsessed that they finally got the Dualshock down (from the looks of it), my only gripe with playstation was the crampy controllers.  

Hear there's a new UI too, which will be appreciated because the current is clean but a bit ugly.

11 hours ago, Tom Bot said:

First time playing Mario 64 from the beginning (played it a bit at a friends house back in the day). The controls don’t feel that precise and it feels like Mario is running on ice as he slides around easily, and the camera definitely isn’t ideal. But it’s still much better and more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Just played the 1st level and got every star except the flying cap one (I don’t even know where the cap is?), I think I’ll try to 100% this game. I’m more looking forward to Sunshine and Galaxy just based on their polish and looking more modern/being widescreen.

At the entrance of the castle there is a sun on the floor. After I forget how many stars, but not many, there will be a beam of light shining from the ceiling. Stand on the sun and look up at the light.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

I will always go with physical media. that shit will just up in value (except sports games outside of random rare ones). this PS5 is basically my 4K player until I find something I really want to play on it.

True, but that is a nice savings off the bat to not have the disc drive.  Also, loading discs in to change games has quickly become a first world problem for me.  It is nice to just switch around as you please.

But if someone is selling a game you want for like $15 and you can't grab it would suck?

18 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

True, but that is a nice savings off the bat to not have the disc drive.  Also, loading discs in to change games has quickly become a first world problem for me.  It is nice to just switch around as you please.

But if someone is selling a game you want for like $15 and you can't grab it would suck?

yeah but wouldn't you be constantly deleting and loading games because of storage?

41 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

yeah but wouldn't you be constantly deleting and loading games because of storage?

True, I'm assuming the digital downloads take up way more space? I only do a few full games per year so it wouldn't matter for me, but I do like having the physical collection for shelf space..and being able to find bargains in store or privately..and not being able to use any old DVDs irks me.

This PS5 seems pretty legit though the more I look into it.  I just got a ps4 again like last month on impulse so I'll have to finagle with selling that..idk why I was so out of the loop on this next gen stuff gdammit

4 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

True, I'm assuming the digital downloads take up way more space? I only do a few full games per year so it wouldn't matter for me, but I do like having the physical collection for shelf space..and being able to find bargains in store or privately..and not being able to use any old DVDs irks me.

This PS5 seems pretty legit though the more I look into it.  I just got a ps4 again like last month on impulse so I'll have to finagle with selling that..idk why I was so out of the loop on this next gen stuff gdammit

Yeah, some are still huge even with the disc. Honestly, the cost of running the games doesn't even take in account the price to store them (even if it's just a few). Obviously it varies with games, but I figured I can at least give the games I have played to my friends, and it's only 100 bucks more, etc. 

19 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Yeah, some are still huge even with the disc. Honestly, the cost of running the games doesn't even take in account the price to store them (even if it's just a few). Obviously it varies with games, but I figured I can at least give the games I have played to my friends, and it's only 100 bucks more, etc. 

Sold.  Do you want my ps4?..

6 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

Are you going to get both..?

I just found out ps5 is backward compatible even with digital purchases?? This makes me want to consider purchasing

Where did you hear that about digital purchases? I haven’t seen anything so far saying your digital PS4 games will transfer. It’d be really cool If it was the case but I was expecting it not to be.

Its also way cheaper in the long run to get the disc drive version. Ps store games are always way more expensive then buying the game at a shop and you can get second hand games too.

26 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Where did you hear that about digital purchases? I haven’t seen anything so far saying your digital PS4 games will transfer. It’d be really cool If it was the case but I was expecting it not to be.

Its also way cheaper in the long run to get the disc drive version. Ps store games are always way more expensive then buying the game at a shop and you can get second hand games too.

https://www.theverge.com/21450334/playstation-5-ps5-sony-news-price-features-specs-hardware-games

It looks like you can access anything from the ps store that was downloaded to your psn account from the ps4 on the ps5.  It just would be the ps4 version, obviously.

I'm fucking JACKED for this new controller though, looks perf 

1 hour ago, Jan's Plan said:

https://www.theverge.com/21450334/playstation-5-ps5-sony-news-price-features-specs-hardware-games

It looks like you can access anything from the ps store that was downloaded to your psn account from the ps4 on the ps5.  It just would be the ps4 version, obviously.

I'm fucking JACKED for this new controller though, looks perf 

I think you’re misreading with the PSplus games that are available unless I’m missing the quote that says that. if you can find it can you share it?

yeah the controller reminds me of the switch pro controller which is perfect.

43 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

randomly decided to emulate Crisis Core FF7 and it's weird in that I kind of hate the gameplay but I'm super interested in the story so I'm still enjoying it lol. I got chills revisiting some classic flashback scenes from FF7. Good stuff. I'll prob finish it today.

Crisis core is fun. The fucking roulette shit sucks but you get used to it lol

5 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I think you’re misreading with the PSplus games that are available unless I’m missing the quote that says that. if you can find it can you share it?

yeah the controller reminds me of the switch pro controller which is perfect.

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/ps5-backwards-compatibility-can-you-play-ps4-games-on-playstation-5#ps5-backwards-compatibility-will-ps4-games-purchased-from-the-ps-store-work-on-ps5

Idk this is what's throwing me off:

"The PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4 software, so this means both physical and digital software will work on the next-gen system. Assuming you’re using the same PSN account on PS5, you will have access to all of your PS4 purchases from the PlayStation Store."

They keep saying software, not sure if that means games or not

7 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Crisis core is fun. The fucking roulette shit sucks but you get used to it lol

I just think it's super repetitive. Especially when you get sidetracked doing missions. But the story is keeping me engaged and I really like it for that. when Sephiroth said we're going to Nibelheim I was like O SHIT BOIS HERE WE GO!11!1 exciting stuff 😂

now I'm probably gonna want to play FF7 again after this lol

12 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/ps5-backwards-compatibility-can-you-play-ps4-games-on-playstation-5#ps5-backwards-compatibility-will-ps4-games-purchased-from-the-ps-store-work-on-ps5

Idk this is what's throwing me off:

"The PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4 software, so this means both physical and digital software will work on the next-gen system. Assuming you’re using the same PSN account on PS5, you will have access to all of your PS4 purchases from the PlayStation Store."

They keep saying software, not sure if that means games or not

Oh sweet. Software means games I’m pretty sure. Guess we won’t know till it comes out but good to know. I only have like 2 digital games but it’d be nice to just fuck my PS4 off fully once I get my ps5.

10 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I just think it's super repetitive. Especially when you get sidetracked doing missions. But the story is keeping me engaged and I really like it for that. when Sephiroth said we're going to Nibelheim I was like O SHIT BOIS HERE WE GO!11!1 exciting stuff 😂

now I'm probably gonna want to play FF7 again after this lol

Haha yeah there’s some cool Moments in there that just click with ff7 pretty well. It’s a real quick game.

• Like 1