Video Games Thread

dildo69er

On 10/28/2020 at 11:01 PM, Russel Coight said:

Yeah came out today. Seems to be the start and first level of the game.

I played it for about 2.5 hours and it's still letting me play more. I wonder how long the demo really is.

Anyway I was always planning on getting the game, but now I definitely want it way more. It's fun to play in the BOTW world again. This is another weird spinoff/prequel that's probably gonna make me want to replay BOTW again after, just like Crisis Core did for FF7 (which I'm currently in the middle of playing again haha)

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I played it for about 2.5 hours and it's still letting me play more. I wonder how long the demo really is.

Anyway I was always planning on getting the game, but now I definitely want it way more. It's fun to play in the BOTW world again. This is another weird spinoff/prequel that's probably gonna make me want to replay BOTW again after, just like Crisis Core did for FF7 (which I'm currently in the middle of playing again haha)

It seems to be the first two story missions plus side quests. Lots of stuff to get used to the game with.

I’m enjoying it quite a bit. People are complaining about frame rates but I’m not noticing it too bad.

9 hours ago, Gaslit Jan said:

Nee ps5 controller seems nice. The vibration and triggers adapt throughout the game? 

Has some crazy potential there.  Think of the combat in games

Yeah I’m most excited about seeing how the controller reacts. It sounds great.

24 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

It seems to be the first two story missions plus side quests. Lots of stuff to get used to the game with.

I’m enjoying it quite a bit. People are complaining about frame rates but I’m not noticing it too bad.

So far I’m having the same problem I had in the first game and it’s that I only want to be Link. Fighting as Impa or Zelda just isn’t as fun so my Link is leveling up a lot while those two aren’t. I wonder if they’re going to overload this game with characters like they did with the first game. The first game took stuff from all over the Zelda timeline but this game is specifically a BOTW prequel so I wonder what the character pool will end up being like.

29 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

So far I’m having the same problem I had in the first game and it’s that I only want to be Link. Fighting as Impa or Zelda just isn’t as fun so my Link is leveling up a lot while those two aren’t. I wonder if they’re going to overload this game with characters like they did with the first game. The first game took stuff from all over the Zelda timeline but this game is specifically a BOTW prequel so I wonder what the character pool will end up being like.

I’m actually having a ton of fun playing Impa. Once she has all her clones or whatever they’re called she kills it.

The full roster has been leaked by people who datamined the demo so if you’re interested you can find out otherwise avoid spoilers.

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

I’m actually having a ton of fun playing Impa. Once she has all her clones or whatever they’re called she kills it.

The full roster has been leaked by people who datamined the demo so if you’re interested you can find out otherwise avoid spoilers.

Yeah I think I just don't quite understand how Impa works yet. And Zelda just feels kind of slow and chaotic at the same time haha.

I didn't know about the leak, I guess I'll avoid that. But the original game eventually got a bunch of really random DLC characters so I wonder if this will also end up getting DLC eventually.

23 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Yeah I think I just don't quite understand how Impa works yet. And Zelda just feels kind of slow and chaotic at the same time haha.

I didn't know about the leak, I guess I'll avoid that. But the original game eventually got a bunch of really random DLC characters so I wonder if this will also end up getting DLC eventually.

I still don’t exactly know what I’m doing with Impa but somehow whatever I am doing works lol. Zelda is just slow. I get bored of playing as her very quickly.

Enjoying the demo for the new Hyrule Warriors, yeah framerate ain't great, but its still totally playable, and it is just another hack and slash warriors game at the end of the day, I can overlook dips in performance if the overall experience still holds up which I would say it does.  Really cool to see how much lore this game is exploring of the BOTW universe, did not expect this game to be nearly as enthralling as it is, like I thought it'd just be another Hyrule Warriors after the first one, which yeah, it kinda is, but wow the lore of BOTW is really being expanded upon in a very interesting way within the process.