Video Games Thread

dildo69er

10 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I don't know why I don't have Mario Maker 2 yet, it looks so fun. I just have a huge backlog of other games to play.

Honestly, it's the best game I've played in a long time. I was up to 3:30 this morning playing it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

@Cheerios4u98 Seems like THPS remaster is finally getting a switch version soon.

I saw that tweet and I hope so! It may have been worth waiting to buy it after all. I’d rather play it on the Switch than on my PC.

On the other hand I’m still holding out hope for FF7 Remake on PC. It’s supposedly a timed exclusive but hasn’t been announced for any other system officially yet. It’s been almost a year, so maybe at the year mark they’ll announce something. I’ve been carefully avoiding information about that game all year to avoid spoilers in the hopes that I’ll be able to play it on my PC eventually haha 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I saw that tweet and I hope so! It may have been worth waiting to buy it after all. I’d rather play it on the Switch than on my PC.

On the other hand I’m still holding out hope for FF7 Remake on PC. It’s supposedly a timed exclusive but hasn’t been announced for any other system officially yet. It’s been almost a year, so maybe at the year mark they’ll announce something. I’ve been carefully avoiding information about that game all year to avoid spoilers in the hopes that I’ll be able to play it on my PC eventually haha 

I’m sure it’ll come to PC soon. The one year mark seems the best bet. Kinda hoping for a ps5 enhanced version too on that date.

I’m impressed you’ve avoided any info or spoilers. I see stuff everywhere lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

I’m sure it’ll come to PC soon. The one year mark seems the best bet. Kinda hoping for a ps5 enhanced version too on that date.

I’m impressed you’ve avoided any info or spoilers. I see stuff everywhere lol.

I've stumbled across a few things, but nothing big! After playing through Crisis Core and the original FF7 again this past year I'm dying to play the remake haha

7 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I've stumbled across a few things, but nothing big! After playing through Crisis Core and the original FF7 again this past year I'm dying to play the remake haha

Haha well I hope you get to soon!

also it’s official now

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, SpinUpSpeedo said:

The a/v cord for my 360 came in yesterday! I now have the NES, SNES, 64, GameCube and Xbox 360 all hooked up in my office at home.

I’m jealous. I sold my ps2, wii u and 3ds the last few weeks to put savings away for the house I wanna get. I can emulate them all fine but I was really digging have the actual consoles there. I’ll buy them all back one day.

10 minutes ago, Maddey said:

How come? You don’t think you’re going to like it, or?

Drunk me bought a Switch and BotW when they first came out ... I played it and hated it (I have watery memories of playing it) so I gave the switch and the game to a coworkers kids.

I bought a switch again last weekend so I could play Mario Maker 2, which my wife was super excited about ... then today I bought BotW ... I've spent close to $1000 dollars all together just to end up with the same console and game I started with ... and Mario Maker 2 ... a fact my wife was elated to point out.

• Haha 2

On 2/23/2021 at 2:14 AM, Russel Coight said:

Well you're getting your PS5 enhanced version!

Still holding out some hope that at the actual year mark they'll announce it for non-Sony platforms. Kinda weird that it was even exclusive in the first place when all other modern FF games are on PC.

9 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Well you're getting your PS5 enhanced version!

Still holding out some hope that at the actual year mark they'll announce it for non-Sony platforms. Kinda weird that it was even exclusive in the first place when all other modern FF games are on PC.

Yeah just saw that. Pretty stoked. And some dlc to add into the mix.

I assume it’s Sony that pays for exclusivity. They give Square a ton of money to keep it on the system for x amount of time in the hopes it’ll make more money for Sony in the long run. There’s also some rumours floating around that Sony might be buying Square so if that ends up being true Sony exclusivity for Final Fantasy might be there for the long haul.

1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:

Yeah just saw that. Pretty stoked. And some dlc to add into the mix.

I assume it’s Sony that pays for exclusivity. They give Square a ton of money to keep it on the system for x amount of time in the hopes it’ll make more money for Sony in the long run. There’s also some rumours floating around that Sony might be buying Square so if that ends up being true Sony exclusivity for Final Fantasy might be there for the long haul.

Apparently it's a free upgrade from PS4 to PS5 as well. I sure wish that was the case with all the damn Wii U games I bought that had better versions come out on the Switch lol.

Square Sony exclusivity would kill me, I play so many Square games haha.

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Apparently it's a free upgrade from PS4 to PS5 as well. I sure wish that was the case with all the damn Wii U games I bought that had better versions come out on the Switch lol.

Square Sony exclusivity would kill me, I play so many Square games haha.

Yeah Sony has been great with the free upgrades. I bought Assassins Creed Valhalla, the ps5 version was $80 but the PS4 version was $70 with a free upgrade to the ps5 version lol. Bit of a no brainer there.

Nintendo is shit with stuff like that. Like I know skyward sword on the switch is cool but it doesn’t look that different to the Wii version and it’s costing $60. Crazy. Losing motion controls isn’t worth that much. I feel no guilt pirating all my switch games.

I’d wager it will be just consistent timed exclusivity. Sony is already putting a few exclusives on pc and tbh they’d be fucking dumb to lose out on the truckload of extra sales they could get by releasing the games on other consoles/pc. 

15 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Nintendo is shit with stuff like that. Like I know skyward sword on the switch is cool but it doesn’t look that different to the Wii version and it’s costing $60. Crazy. Losing motion controls isn’t worth that much. I feel no guilt pirating all my switch games.

To this point, I was surprised and annoyed to see BotW was the same $60 today that it was when I bought it back in 2017. I get it's a popular game but it's been 4 years.

10 minutes ago, SpinUpSpeedo said:

To this point, I was surprised and annoyed to see BotW was the same $60 today that it was when I bought it back in 2017. I get it's a popular game but it's been 4 years.

Yeah Nintendo just don’t tend to do discounts on their first party games. Even the half assed shit like that 3D Mario all stars was full price when all it was was a few roms and emulators chucked on a game card.