Video Games Thread

dildo69er

9 hours ago, SpinUpSpeedo said:

Drunk me bought a Switch and BotW when they first came out ... I played it and hated it (I have watery memories of playing it) so I gave the switch and the game to a coworkers kids.

I bought a switch again last weekend so I could play Mario Maker 2, which my wife was super excited about ... then today I bought BotW ... I've spent close to $1000 dollars all together just to end up with the same console and game I started with ... and Mario Maker 2 ... a fact my wife was elated to point out.

Oh wow, I see. Hope you enjoy it more this time around then! 

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Skyward Sword was $50 when it came out on the Wii ten years ago. Now it's $60 on the Switch lol. Ugh.

I enjoyed the hell out of that game but if it's just more or less updated graphics, I see no reason to get it for Switch, especially not for a higher cost. 

Is Twilight Princess on switch? 

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Skyward Sword was $50 when it came out on the Wii ten years ago. Now it's $60 on the Switch lol. Ugh.

Skyward sword is $20 on the Wii u shop.

1 hour ago, SpinUpSpeedo said:

Is Twilight Princess on switch? 

Not yet. I’d expect it later this year when they ramp up the 35th anniversary stuff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Skyward sword is $20 on the Wii u shop.

Yeah that makes it hurt a lot more haha. Too bad I’m a sucker for Zelda and I’d really like to try the game without motion controls. Won’t be a day one purchase but I’ll get it eventually. I still need the new Hyrule Warriors.

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Yeah that makes it hurt a lot more haha. Too bad I’m a sucker for Zelda and I’d really like to try the game without motion controls. Won’t be a day one purchase but I’ll get it eventually. I still need the new Hyrule Warriors.

Yeah I’d always double dip on some Zelda.

• Like 1

I'm so excited for that new open world Pokemon game.  I know some people are shitting on its output and performance, but BOTW had performance issues on the Switch, and still ranks as probably my favorite video game of all time.  Plus they seem to be aiming to work the lower frame-rate into an art style.  I think if they polish it off, that could actually work out well for what they're aiming for.  It's not like a Pokemon game needs frame perfect button commands anyway.  If any series could get away with such a move while overlaying it with a convincing art style, I'd say Pokemon certainly ranks among the top of them.

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

I'm so excited for that new open world Pokemon game.  I know some people are shitting on its output and performance, but BOTW had performance issues on the Switch, and still ranks as probably my favorite video game of all time.  Plus they seem to be aiming to work the lower frame-rate into an art style.  I think if they polish it off, that could actually work out well for what they're aiming for.  It's not like a Pokemon game needs frame perfect button commands anyway.  If any series could get away with such a move while overlaying it with a convincing art style, I'd say Pokemon certainly ranks among the top of them.

It’s a great idea for sure, but it’s a bit underwhelming based on what the Switch is capable of. Gamefreak just doesn’t seem to be a great developer.

5mufdkskzuj61.png

34 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

It’s a great idea for sure, but it’s a bit underwhelming based on what the Switch is capable of. Gamefreak just doesn’t seem to be a great developer.

5mufdkskzuj61.png

Game freak definitely aren’t great developers but to defend them a little Botw had like 3-4 different studios all working to get Botw out while the Pokémon game is just game freak.

It’s still got at minimum a full year in development so fingers crossed Game Freak will improve it by release date.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Would a 5 year old be able to play this?

How experienced is the 5 yr old? They have an easy mode but they still have to have basic video game skills ... my (soon to be) 5 yr old sucks and I shame her. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

How experienced is the 5 yr old? They have an easy mode but they still have to have basic video game skills ... my (soon to be) 5 yr old sucks and I shame her. 

Very experienced lol. Beating gym leaders in Let's Go Pikachu without help

On 1/19/2021 at 7:31 AM, ...Dan... said:

Anyone here played Ghost of Tsushima? probably a bit late to the party but got it as an Xmas gift and am really enjoying so far.

I do enjoy this game but I'm stuggling a bit to get to the end, finding it all a bit repetitive with the missions and side quests and a lot of the cut scenes/fade to black transitions in gameplay to cut scene make the story and experience a lot less immersive.

Rockstar just own open world games for me. Naughty Dog own the more linear story driven games. This just feels like it misses the mark a little bit for me. 

On 3/13/2021 at 1:16 AM, Ry-Bread said:

Finished getting the Platinum on Miles Morales, main story was super short but it was dope! I forgot how much I missed Spider-man games once they went PS exclusive, going back to the previous PS4 one next.

This convinced me to go back and finish getting the plat too. I hate having to play through a ng+ to get a platinum trophy but considering it has been a few months(6?) since I played it that it wasn’t so bad. 

Finally started playing Zelda: BOTW. It was one of those games that was so big and so much to do, it was almost daunting just starting the damn thing.

Just beat the first Divine Beast, but I've spent a lot of time exploring, doing side quests, finding Korok seeds, and completing shrines. I can see why people took issue with the breakable weapons (gets annoying swapping so often after a while), so I'm looking forward to unlocking the master sword once I get my hearts up. My one real piece of criticism is that the game makes it very difficult to know recipes for food and elixirs. I'm just googling shit because I can't be bothered for trial and error. My other main criticism is that I really enjoy dungeons and puzzle solving, and this game just has shrines and 4 Divine Beasts + Ganon...seems a bit light compared to previous Zelda games that had like 10+ dungeons each. 

I'm really enjoying it though, I can see why a lot of people say it's one of the best games of all time. So much thought and care went into this game, and there are so many layers and different little things you can do that the game doesn't even really explain to you. It's a game I'll probably dick around with for 100+ hours before I even attempt to beat it, as I'm enjoying the exploration and shrines a lot. 

• Like 3