Video Games Thread

dildo69er

With cooking in that game I didn’t even bother learning recipes. I just figured out how to make meals that restored all my health and made a bunch of those.

I’m due for a replay of BotW. I only played it when it first came out. Logged 140+ hours in it. I absolutely loved it. I’m gonna get the Hyrule Warriors prequel sometime and probably play that before playing BotW again.

• Like 1

Yeah cooking was just an afterthought for me. Use Hearty Radishes or whatever they were to get the yellow hearts and that was it.

I do miss traditional Zelda dungeons too as well as getting cool weapons/tools in each one. I’m still pissed they considered adding the hookshot to BotW but took it out since they assumed everyone would just Spider-Man around the map instead of climb mountains etc. I’m hoping with BotW2 they add in some dungeons. It’s already confirmed to use the same map so they will have to add in extra stuff to make it interesting.

• Like 1

Yeah I miss proper dungeons too. As well as key items like the hookshot and other cool gadgets you get in other Zelda games. I enjoy being able to pick up any weapon you find but I miss having a unique set of key items to use. A blend of BotW style with more traditional Zelda style dungeons and items would be an amazing combination. Keep all the exploration and freedom of BotW, but bring back some of that classic Zelda stuff.

I just hope the world is significantly different in the sequel. I'm worried they might just use the same overworld again, and that would take away the amazing sense of exploration that the first game had. I don't want to revisit the same places. That's what worries me about it being a direct sequel. Put it in Termina or something and make it a sequel to Majora's Mask lol I'd love that.

• Like 2

On 3/27/2021 at 6:17 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

Got Burnout Paradise with my Switch gold coins. This game has Saosin, Senses Fail, Sugarcult, and Jimmy Eat World on the soundtrack. This rules. Didn’t realize this game was that old! (2008)

I got this over Christmas break and made it like 40% of the way through then got burnt out (no pun intended). After a while, it seems like you're doing the same races over and over again and it gets a bit stale. I never played around with the online multiplayer or DLC though so I'll probably go back to it eventually. Great game, just wished they chose to remaster Burnout 3 + Revenge instead since those games were a lot better IMO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom Bot said:

I got this over Christmas break and made it like 40% of the way through then got burnt out (no pun intended). After a while, it seems like you're doing the same races over and over again and it gets a bit stale. I never played around with the online multiplayer or DLC though so I'll probably go back to it eventually. Great game, just wished they chose to remaster Burnout 3 + Revenge instead since those games were a lot better IMO. 

I played Burnout 1-3 back in the day and loved them. never played anything after that until now. I do kind of miss the feel of the older ones. but driving around the giant city is kinda fun. I wish they'd just make a new modern Burnout game!

Also I already hate the song Paradise City.

• Haha 1

Did anyone else play Super Mario Bros. 35? It was legitimately one of my favorite things on the Switch and I'm pissed that Nintendo took it down.

Pac-Man 99 is coming out though so I'm looking forward to that. I like Tetris 99 too, but Mario 35 was so much more fun.

• Like 1

I liked Mario 35, but Tetris 99 is so much more of a challenge to me.  Like no joke, in any given play session, I would get at least 1, if not 2 first place wins in a round of Mario 35, that shit was easy.  Conversely, I've never gotten 1st in Tetris 99 despite considerably more time in the game, I've gotten 2nd a small handful of times, but never first.  I'm sure part of it is the different size in the number of competitors, another being that I've always been a natural at the Super Mario games in general.  Regardless, for as much fun as I had with the game, it did feel like I had gotten all I was ever gonna get out of the game, I even had the ability to play as Luigi and all that.  Tetris 99 still calls me more because I don't feel like I've mastered it like I did Mario 35.  I think that's why I'm really excited for Pac Man 99, I love Tetris 99 because it's a challenge that I keep wanting to get better at and I can see that Pac Man 99 will probably be like that too.  Would be awesome if they do like a Donkey Kong 99 at some point too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I liked Mario 35, but Tetris 99 is so much more of a challenge to me.  Like no joke, in any given play session, I would get at least 1, if not 2 first place wins in a round of Mario 35, that shit was easy.  Conversely, I've never gotten 1st in Tetris 99 despite considerably more time in the game, I've gotten 2nd a small handful of times, but never first.  I'm sure part of it is the different size in the number of competitors, another being that I've always been a natural at the Super Mario games in general.  Regardless, for as much fun as I had with the game, it did feel like I had gotten all I was ever gonna get out of the game, I even had the ability to play as Luigi and all that.  Tetris 99 still calls me more because I don't feel like I've mastered it like I did Mario 35.  I think that's why I'm really excited for Pac Man 99, I love Tetris 99 because it's a challenge that I keep wanting to get better at and I can see that Pac Man 99 will probably be like that too.  Would be awesome if they do like a Donkey Kong 99 at some point too.

That's true, I had several first place wins in Mario 35 but I've never won a game of Tetris 99. Got 2nd place a few times. Tetris 99 is definitely a lot harder imo. But I've also played a lot less Tetris in my life compared to how much Mario I've played.

I do hope this trend continues with more battle royale style retro games. I think they're great fun. I just don't understand why Mario 35 had to go.

16 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

That's true, I had several first place wins in Mario 35 but I've never won a game of Tetris 99. Got 2nd place a few times. Tetris 99 is definitely a lot harder imo. But I've also played a lot less Tetris in my life compared to how much Mario I've played.

I do hope this trend continues with more battle royale style retro games. I think they're great fun. I just don't understand why Mario 35 had to go.

I want a Zelda battle royale that is in the format of A Link to the Past where you go through endless dungeons and the enemies you kill are sent to other players' screens. Hell, they could just take that tower with all the increasingly difficult stages in A Link Between Worlds (at the north part of the map in the mountain), and convert it to a battle royale format. That shit would get my dick hard. 

Pac-Man 99 is fun but it's easily the one I'm worst at. I don't totally understand it yet but I am having a good time. Played some Tetris 99 today for the first time since before Mario 35 came out. I'm a bit rusty but I did manage to snag 2nd place in a round! I wish you could spectate in these games after you lost like you could in Mario 35. Not that I spectated often, but it was nice to have the option.

I'd love for Nintendo to release a full retail version of Mario 35 that included other Mario games like Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World, with some extra features. I'd gladly pay to play more Mario 35. Maybe I should just get Mario Maker 2 to fill the Mario 35 void in my heart.

22 hours ago, Maddey said:

Hey how did this go, have you given it a new try yet?

I did and it's been a lot better this time, although, I've been playing the hell out if Mario Maker 2 lately so there hasn't been a lot of game play on BotW lately.

• Like 1