Video Games Thread

dildo69er

17 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I may actually buy it a second time. I have the Wii U version but I’d kinda like to have it on Switch even though the versions are identical.

I mean I own like 7 versions of Ocarina of Time so I guess it’s not that different.

isn't the switch version better in terms of resolution and sound?

I think I'm just done with BOTW. I played like 200 hours of it. 

Been playing MK11 though and it's pretty fun. I think the final blow mechanic is stupid and the gore is lame, but so well done. 

3 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

isn't the switch version better in terms of resolution and sound? 

It probably is, I wouldn’t be surprised, but I haven’t played BotW since my first play through in 2017 or whatever year it came out so at this point I probably wouldn’t even notice a difference. But it would be convenient to have on the Switch. Eventually. I’m in no rush to buy it again.

Is the DLC worth getting for BOTW? My understanding is that you get some extra shrines, including some challenges to upgrade the Master Sword so it no longer runs out of energy. Is that about it? 

I just beat my third Divine Beast. The exploration aspect of the game has become a bit stale to me at this point -- most of the map is empty aside from the same shit over and over (shrines, korok seeds, or enemy camps with lame treasures like a bow that I already have five of). The first half of the game definitely wowed me a lot more than the second half. The side quests also usually feel pretty pointless. 

57 minutes ago, Cum said:

Is the DLC worth getting for BOTW? My understanding is that you get some extra shrines, including some challenges to upgrade the Master Sword so it no longer runs out of energy. Is that about it? 

The DLC is okay. It gives you easily the best boss fight in the entire game and getting the motorcycle is badass. It's more of the same though. You get some extra story elements and you refight the blights again before the big boss. I had fun with it but i loved the game so it was worth it for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Dragon Quest XI S after a few months of playing. I usually prefer games to be around 30 hours or less but I almost put as much time into this as I did Breath of the Wild. 138+ hours. Did not expect that. I loved it though. I’m definitely more of a Final Fantasy guy than a Dragon Quest guy overall, but DQ11 is one of the best JRPGs I’ve ever played. Felt like a classic Super Nintendo era RPG with modern graphics and sound. I’m shocked at how much I loved this game.

I’m losing hope for FF7R on PC. I thought at the year mark it might get announced, but nope. It’s just weird that every other modern FF game is on PC except this one.

• Like 2

I beat and enjoyed DQ11 when it came out on the switch. I didn’t love it but definitely didn’t hate it. There were some large parts that just felt like filler to me that brought it all down for me. Still a great game. Love that they still use Turn Based combat.

I’m sorry about no ff7R for you. Hopefully they announce it soon for PC but the fact we haven’t heard anything makes me think something odd is going on, like exclusivity until all parts are released or something. I’m excited as fuck to play it again when the ps5 version comes out and the dlc.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I beat and enjoyed DQ11 when it came out on the switch. I didn’t love it but definitely didn’t hate it. There were some large parts that just felt like filler to me that brought it all down for me. Still a great game. Love that they still use Turn Based combat.

That's pretty much how I felt about DQ8. It was good, I had fun, but I didn't love it, despite always hearing how great it was. Didn't quite live up to the hype, though it was still good. On the other hand, I'd heard for 20+ years that FF7 is one of the best games of all time, and I played it for the first time a couple years ago, and it did live up to the hype for me, even though it had a lot more problems (I hate every minigame in every Final Fantasy game haha). The weird thing is DQ11 is extremely similar to DQ8, but I just like 11 way more for some reason. Not totally sure why.

And yes I definitely appreciate the turned based combat in DQ games. I still prefer that over action RPGs.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Finished assassins Creed Valhalla the other day. Such a slog. Should’ve been 20 hours shorter.

I got that feeling from all AC 1 & 2, haven't played the others ...  it wouldn't be so bad if shit was so fucking repetitive. It's honestly why I never gave the newer games a chance.

6 hours ago, Speedo said:

I got that feeling from all AC 1 & 2, haven't played the others ...  it wouldn't be so bad if shit was so fucking repetitive. It's honestly why I never gave the newer games a chance.

Agreed. It seems to be common with a lot of sandbox games. 

6 hours ago, Speedo said:

I’ve never played the others but even within this game it just felt like more of the same shit over and over again. 

Just completed Resident Evil Village - really enjoyed it, its a great throwback to the older games. Just wish it wasn't so short/easy - i don't think i died once. Graphically and performance-wise, its stunning - next gen gaming its going to be incredible without current/last-gen limitations on consoles. 

30 minutes ago, Bucko said:

Yeah my son will love that too and Lego Jurassic world 😂

In all seriousness though, I really enjoy Mario Maker and Breath of the Wild. I haven't played much outside of that though.

8 minutes ago, Speedo said:

In all seriousness though, I really enjoy Mario Maker and Breath of the Wild. I haven't played much outside of that though.

Yeah I want Mario maker. Have mario kart and bowsers fury at the moment but want to try maker and oddysey

3 hours ago, Bucko said:

Yeah I want Mario maker. Have mario kart and bowsers fury at the moment but want to try maker and oddysey

If you’re into FPS then you can’t go wrong with Overwatch, but that’s better on other platforms if you have other consoles.

Link’s Awakening is great if you like old school Zelda games.

Luigi’s Mansion is good if you want puzzles and something a bit different and slower paced.

Divinity Original Sin 2 if you like old school RPGs.

Burnout Paradise for racing games.

For indie games, any of Hollow Knight, Hades, Inside, Into the Breach, Steam World games, Dead Cells, Stardew Valley, Bastion, Slay the Spire, A Short Hike.

• Like 1