Video Games Thread

dildo69er

Started Final Fantasy 12 the other day. It's fun but I can't wrap my head around why the developers thought this is what Final Fantasy games should have become. Especially after how loved FF10 was. I don't like this style of RPG nearly as much and I still have no idea what the storyline is 14 hours into the game but oh well lol. I still like it, but I do miss the normal turn-based style combat. Anyway, I'm gonna get off the internet and go play FF12 now that I'm thinking about it haha. I am enjoying it despite not liking it as much as the others.

16 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Started Final Fantasy 12 the other day. It's fun but I can't wrap my head around why the developers thought this is what Final Fantasy games should have become. Especially after how loved FF10 was. I don't like this style of RPG nearly as much and I still have no idea what the storyline is 14 hours into the game but oh well lol. I still like it, but I do miss the normal turn-based style combat. Anyway, I'm gonna get off the internet and go play FF12 now that I'm thinking about it haha. I am enjoying it despite not liking it as much as the others.

I dropped ff12 about halfway through because I had no clue what the story was about and it just felt pointless. I didn’t mind the combat though tbh.

15 hours ago, Bucko said:

Anyone recommend some fun switch games? Finally bought one last month 

Super Mario Party is pretty fun. I also really like the Master Blaster games if you like throwback stuff. Also Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is baller. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I dropped ff12 about halfway through because I had no clue what the story was about and it just felt pointless. I didn’t mind the combat though tbh.

okay, glad it's not just me haha. Final Fantasy games can have convoluted stories but I always have an idea of what the general storyline is. Not in this one!

1 minute ago, _Kyle_ said:

Super Mario Party is pretty fun. I also really like the Master Blaster games if you like throwback stuff. Also Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is baller. 

I've wanted this forever but I can't get over the fact that it was a 2014 Wii U game that I used to always see for $10 at used game stores and now it's a $60 game that never goes on sale. It looks very fun and I love the Donkey Kong Country series, so I'll get it one day for sure.

Just now, Cheerios4u98 said:

I've wanted this forever but I can't get over the fact that it was a 2014 Wii U game that I used to always see for $10 at used game stores and now it's a $60 game that never goes on sale. It looks very fun and I love the Donkey Kong Country series, so I'll get it one day for sure.

If you live near a walmart, it's only $50 there if that helps. But hey, look at this way, does that version have Funky Mode? no sir. 

• Like 1

I've gone back to BotW finally ... hadn't played it since March. Spent most of the time just exploring and opening up new areas on the map. I have more fun doing that than I do playing the actual game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

I've gone back to BotW finally ... hadn't played it since March. Spent most of the time just exploring and opening up new areas on the map. I have more fun doing that than I do playing the actual game.

That is the actual game though lol.

14 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

That is the actual game though lol.

I meant things like the Divine Beasts. I don't really care about progressing the story much, just collecting shit and selling it to the beetle weirdo.

4 hours ago, Speedo said:

that is what makes the game fun!

On 5/14/2021 at 5:17 AM, _Kyle_ said:

If you live near a walmart, it's only $50 there if that helps. But hey, look at this way, does that version have Funky Mode? no sir. 

That is a good point.

Also, good to know about the Walmart price, I'll keep that in mind after I buy a few other games that are higher up on my list.

3 hours ago, Speedo said:

I meant things like the Divine Beasts. I don't really care about progressing the story much, just collecting shit and selling it to the beetle weirdo.

I know what you meant it’s just that the actually story is maybe like 20% of the game and the rest is exploration and collecting. The most enjoyable part of the game is doing that stuff and the story is just the extra.

3 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I know what you meant it’s just that the actually story is maybe like 20% of the game and the rest is exploration and collecting. The most enjoyable part of the game is doing that stuff and the story is just the extra.

I'm old Russel, I'm doing my best.

51 minutes ago, Cum said:

Has anyone here played Ori and the Will of Wisps? It's 50% off right now and I saw it got great reviews. And I'm a sucker for good indie games. 

I played it or the sequel for like an hour. It’s beautifully made and looks quite stunning. I didn’t drop it cause it was bad or anything, I was just heavily invested in another game at the time and just wanted to check it out since I had heard many good things. Ill Definitely pick it up again at some point.

6 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I played it or the sequel for like an hour. It’s beautifully made and looks quite stunning. I didn’t drop it cause it was bad or anything, I was just heavily invested in another game at the time and just wanted to check it out since I had heard many good things. Ill Definitely pick it up again at some point.

I've heard you need to play the first one to really enjoy the storyline because the game is super emotional. I'll probably grab both when on sale. 

Finished Final Fantasy 12. I hated it. Then I looked online and apparently it’s near universally loved??? Wtf. Worst FF game I’ve played and I’ve played 1-12 except for 11. If this is any indication of where the series is heading I might not continue playing the rest (plus I’ve heard 13 sucks).

The announcement for the Octopath Traveler style remake of Dragon Quest 3 has me hyped. Probably the JRPG I’m most looking forward to now.

56 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Finished Final Fantasy 12. I hated it. Then I looked online and apparently it’s near universally loved??? Wtf. Worst FF game I’ve played and I’ve played 1-12 except for 11. If this is any indication of where the series is heading I might not continue playing the rest (plus I’ve heard 13 sucks).

The announcement for the Octopath Traveler style remake of Dragon Quest 3 has me hyped. Probably the JRPG I’m most looking forward to now.

Yeah, well you also heard 12 was great so ...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Yeah, well you also heard 12 was great so ...

I actually hadn’t looked into it before playing it. I’d just played all the previous games so I figured I’d keep going! But that is a good point, I often don’t agree with reviews or general consensus anyway. 12 is the last one in the Switch though and I’m not too excited about playing anything on my PC, so I might be done with those games for a while.