Video Games Thread

dildo69er

9 minutes ago, Kay said:

Oh good, someone else is on xbox lol, get any new games with it? 

Not yet, it won't show up for a few weeks. I've typically been an xbox user but went PS4 last time around to try it out.

Any recommendations?

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Not yet, it won't show up for a few weeks. I've typically been an xbox user but went PS4 last time around to try it out.

Any recommendations?

Nothing game specific, but I highly recommend getting Game Pass ultimate. has the xbox live as part of the cost and you get access to a ridiculous amount of games and as a result there's loads of games I've been able to try out without forking over £50. 

If you ever played the gears series, I do recommend Gears 5. All of the Gears games are also all on Game Pass. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shit Poster said:

Aw sheet, GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas are getting a remastered trilogy that is rumoured to be out this Fall. Stoked that they’re doing a Switch version!

Is this confirmed yet? I kept seeing rumours but nothing official

44 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Is this confirmed yet? I kept seeing rumours but nothing official

I just saw the IGN story but it sounds like at least they have a source. It wouldn't be surprising given that these games have already been re-released on mobile (albeit not in the Unreal engine) and Rockstar's focus on microtransactions and porting GTA 5 as much as Skyrim. 

• Like 1

Why is my man Nico Bellic getting ignored ? GTA IV was the one I grew up with. Fucking unreal game. Had so many interiors ( that GTA V sorely lacked). I miss fighting fat bikers outside of a Burger Shot, going bowling with my cousin.

Still, remasters will be sick I’m sure 

19 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Why is my man Nico Bellic getting ignored ? GTA IV was the one I grew up with. Fucking unreal game. Had so many interiors ( that GTA V sorely lacked). I miss fighting fat bikers outside of a Burger Shot, going bowling with my cousin.

Still, remasters will be sick I’m sure 

Pretty sure they're focusing on the PS2 era. They may be remastering other old games, if they had any sense. 

If they remaster RDR1 I may actually bother to stick with it. I tried it after RDR2 and man the controls are wank. 

Plus I'd love for them to remaster Bully. 

I went back and played GTA 4 a few months back after being so used to playing 5 for years, and the cars just didn't feel right to drive. They felt less responsive and more annoying to accurately control than they do in 5. Don't know if I can go back to 4 tbh. I assume the other older ones might be similar. I never had a problem with 4 until going back to it after playing 5, but now it just doesn't feel good.

edit: actually i just did some searching and apparently it's 4 specifically that has the different driving style and the previous ones don't have it. I was gonna say, I don't remember San Andreas feeling awkward when I went back to try that one a while back, but 4 certainly did.

3 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I went back and played GTA 4 a few months back after being so used to playing 5 for years, and the cars just didn't feel right to drive. They felt less responsive and more annoying to accurately control than they do in 5. Don't know if I can go back to 4 tbh. I assume the other older ones might be similar. I never had a problem with 4 until going back to it after playing 5, but now it just doesn't feel good.

edit: actually i just did some searching and apparently it's 4 specifically that has the different driving style and the previous ones don't have it. I was gonna say, I don't remember San Andreas feeling awkward when I went back to try that one a while back, but 4 certainly did.

This is the problem with nostalgia goggles. We want things to feel the same, but with amazing updated graphics, but they never compare with the current experience. It's why I haven't bothered with the remaster of mass effect. I loved Andromeda and the controls are great, but trying to go back to the original games felt like playing through treacle. They've updated bits with the remaster but the overall feel is the same as before and I know I won't sit through it. 

the only remaster where I'm glad the controls weren't updated was Tony Hawk Pro Skater but it still feels smother and better to control. 

Games like Crash Bandicoot did have updates surrounding that and it's much harder now but still really fun and responsive. 

It's finding a balance. Apparently for the GTAs they're not really changing that aspect much and that concerns me. 

It's those transition games from 2d to 3d around the N64 days that I find unplayable.

Ocarina of Time is the best game ever made imo, but I don't think I can replay a game with annoying cameras and polygonal graphics. I would love to see that game rebuilt from the ground up.

But Super Mario World on SNES, another all time great, I replay somewhat regularly. Those graphics don't bother me at all.

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

It's those transition games from 2d to 3d around the N64 days that I find unplayable.

Ocarina of Time is the best game ever made imo, but I don't think I can replay a game with annoying cameras and polygonal graphics. I would love to see that game rebuilt from the ground up.

But Super Mario World on SNES, another all time great, I replay somewhat regularly. Those graphics don't bother me at all.

I have the 64 set up here in my office on an old tube TV and occasionally I will play OoT. It still holds up quite well ... mostly ... the camera does get shitty when you lock on to something but that's every Zelda game.

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

I have the 64 set up here in my office on an old tube TV and occasionally I will play OoT. It still holds up quite well ... mostly ... the camera does get shitty when you lock on to something but that's every Zelda game.

But how cool would it be to replay it, but it looks like the below video.