Video Games Thread

dildo69er

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

I bought a Wii u the other day so expect Zelda HD and XBCX to be announced for the switch any day now.

The Wii U is underrated I think. Though Nintendo did pretty much ignore it. No original Zelda game, no regular 3D Mario game, no Metroid, no Animal Crossing. It’s their own fault. But I still had fun with the system!

• Like 1

I hope the KOTOR remake is a top to bottom makeover, not just better graphics.

Like Cheerios said, it feels a bit dated now. Not sure graphics alone would fix that.

Is there still an open world SW game in development? I've been waiting so long for a GTA/Red Dead style SW game where you can just do whatever you want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

Like Cheerios said, it feels a bit dated now. Not sure graphics alone would fix that.

Is there still an open world SW game in development? I've been waiting so long for a GTA/Red Dead style SW game where you can just do whatever you want.

Jedi Academy is close to that.  It was all skill based so I really don't think it'd be dated although it came out 10 years ago.  I bet there's still a community.

If there's anything new in development that'd be fucking great though and been saying that for my whole life.  They will likely fuck up the saber mechanics though.

But if you put the scope of our lives into picture - this is by far the most needed thing in our existence, an open world star wars game (Jedi Knight/Academy was so under radar and didn't have license for any movie name players) and it's shocking and pathetic we've yet to ever have one.

I've played Jedi Knight/Academy.

I was a huge Star Wars Galaxies player back in the day. It is by far the best SW game ever made. Was a Sony MMORPG. An amazing game and overall experience but the developers ruined it over time and it folded. People are still playing it to this day on emulated servers

A non-MMO version of that would be so awesome

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I've played Jedi Knight/Academy.

I was a huge Star Wars Galaxies player back in the day. It is by far the best SW game ever made. Was a Sony MMORPG. An amazing game and overall experience but the developers ruined it over time and it folded. People are still playing it to this day on emulated servers

A non-MMO version of that would be so awesome

Yeah I remember Galaxies, it was fucking immense. They just don't have that dedication anymore. Never understood why, star wars is perfect potential for a massive open world game people can nerd out to. Galaxies was closest.

Actually my Mt. Rushmore:

1. Star Wars Galaxies (massive, open world)

2. Jedi Knight/Academy (saber mechanics, online mods)

3. Battlefront 1/2 (shooting game)

4. Jedi Power Battles (couch co-op)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I'm racist against gingers, but besides that flaw I had fun with it. I think you would like it

I honestly like just about every star wars game except a few, and way more than the movies themselves, so I probably will.  The prequels biggest asset is the games they were able to inspire with a wider universe to implement. 

That is just the first cover of a star wars game where I said "this looks lame".

1 hour ago, ghents shtick_182 said:

I honestly like just about every star wars game except a few, and way more than the movies themselves, so I probably will.  The prequels biggest asset is the games they were able to inspire with a wider universe to implement. 

That is just the first cover of a star wars game where I said "this looks lame".

Fallen Order was reviewed quite well from what I remember. 

7 hours ago, Ghent said:

I believe that is still in development.

Now that EA no longer has the exclusive video game rights to Star Wars I hope we’ll start seeing more than one Star Wars game every few years!

They’re making a sequel to Fallen Order too! The fun thing about these games using real actors now is that we might see some of the characters pop up in live action one of these days. Would be cool to see Cal show up somewhere. I’m still hoping for some of the Battlefront 2 (new version) campaign characters to show up in The Mandalorian or something. It could happen!

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 9:31 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

The Wii U is underrated I think. Though Nintendo did pretty much ignore it. No original Zelda game, no regular 3D Mario game, no Metroid, no Animal Crossing. It’s their own fault. But I still had fun with the system!

Nintendo wisely and quietly gave up on the Wii U 1-2 years after the release as it was surely a flop. Horrible console cycle for them, but yeah, it did have a lot of good games on it (mostly from Nintendo as usual). I think the switch has already sold 7x as many wii u's there were sold, which is wild. 

• Like 1