Video Games Thread

dildo69er

On 9/17/2021 at 6:22 PM, Speedo said:

They just aren't his innovative ideas ... or they're absolutely unfeasible ... like his battery powered plane or the hyperloop. 

I think most people are smart enough to know these ideas aren't solely his - but he excels at bringing them to market and for the most part, production on a large scale for general sale. I think he deserves alotta credit - for example - combining a Lotus Elise shell with AC Motors propulsion. 

Personally, i think alot of what his companies have created have been great. He's saved NASA a fortune already, who could never come up with the tech SpaceX pioneered.  

12 hours ago, Speedo said:

I've been playing Arkham Knight today, instead of writing my resume like I should. I remember hating this game more than I do.

I replayed this very recently but couldn’t finish it. Too much batmobile tank shit. I’m like 97% near the end but I gotta destroy like 50 tanks and I just can’t be fucked.

19 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I replayed this very recently but couldn’t finish it. Too much batmobile tank shit. I’m like 97% near the end but I gotta destroy like 50 tanks and I just can’t be fucked.

I'm probably a psycho for this but I like the tank shit. Yeah, it's probably too heavy-handed but I find it relaxing. So far I've just been clearing the islands as much as I can 1 at a time.

6 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I'm probably a psycho for this but I like the tank shit. Yeah, it's probably too heavy-handed but I find it relaxing. So far I've just been clearing the islands as much as I can 1 at a time.

You’re experience is exactly how I felt when I started replaying lol. Didn’t think it was anywhere near as bad as I remembered, found fucking around in the tank fun. Then I hit a moment and I hated it again.

• Haha 1

Finished Skyward Sword HD. It's much better on the Switch but still probably the least fun 3D Zelda game. Controls are still weird, but a lot better than the Wii controls. The story is probably the best story in any Zelda game, so it has that going for it. I enjoyed it a lot more this time than I did the first time on the Wii, but I got so tired of the three different sections of the world about halfway through the game. You just keep going back to three sections of the world over and over. It's boring. Why they thought it was a good idea to make a Zelda game without a real overworld is beyond me.

Got me back in the mood for Zelda though. Kind of want to play another one now.

• Like 2

Okay so dilemma.

The original Knights of the old republic is coming to the switch in November. I’ve always wanted to play it and the switch is the perfect console for an older game like that for me.

But the remaster/remake or whatever you wanna call It is going to come out for ps5 which is going to have current gen graphics and everything else that comes with modern games.

so what do? Play the original first on the switch and have the story spoiled for when I play on ps5 or hold out for the remaster and have that be my first experience?

55 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Okay so dilemma.

The original Knights of the old republic is coming to the switch in November. I’ve always wanted to play it and the switch is the perfect console for an older game like that for me.

But the remaster/remake or whatever you wanna call It is going to come out for ps5 which is going to have current gen graphics and everything else that comes with modern games.

so what do? Play the original first on the switch and have the story spoiled for when I play on ps5 or hold out for the remaster and have that be my first experience?

I don’t think there’s a right answer, but in KOTOR you have a choice of being light side or dark side depending on the choices you make throughout the game, and the story plays out differently depending on what you do. (Light side is the true storyline) I don’t know how drastic the differences are because I’ve only done light side, but maybe you could do one play through light side and one dark side so both experiences are different? It’s really hard to say without even knowing what the remake is going to be like. If it’s just a graphical update or a completely revamped gameplay style. We don’t know how different the two versions are going to be yet.

Since you’ve played both, what would you recommend to someone looking to play Final Fantasy 7 for the first time? Original or remake first? Depending on your answer to that maybe you’ll answer your own question about KOTOR.

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

don’t think there’s a right answer, but in KOTOR you have a choice of being light side or dark side depending on the choices you make throughout the game, and the story plays out differently depending on what you do. (Light side is the true storyline) I don’t know how drastic the differences are because I’ve only done light side, but maybe you could do one play through light side and one dark side so both experiences are different? It’s really hard to say without even knowing what the remake is going to be like. If it’s just a graphical update or a completely revamped gameplay style. We don’t know how different the two versions are going to be yet.

Yeah right! I think ill Play the original when it comes out for the switch. Will make me appreciate the remaster when it comes out more I feel.

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Since you’ve played both, what would you recommend to someone looking to play Final Fantasy 7 for the first time? Original or remake first? Depending on your answer to that maybe you’ll answer your own question about KOTOR.

Yeah I would definitely recommend playing the original First here. Good point. Smart man.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Speedo said:

Nintendo announced a Mario movie that I'm not going to watch.

The movie itself had been announced a couple of years ago, it's the casting news that is breaking the internet.  Frankly, I don't see the issue, nothing here feels much more crazy than Ben Schwartz as Sonic, which totally worked.

8 minutes ago, M!ke said:

The movie itself had been announced a couple of years ago, it's the casting news that is breaking the internet.  Frankly, I don't see the issue, nothing here feels much more crazy than Ben Schwartz as Sonic, which totally worked.

No issue.

Just now, Speedo said:

No issue.

No, sorry, I'm not saying you have any issue, but I see a lot of people online losing their shit over the casting, while frankly I think it just makes sense.  Of course they're gonna get some big hollywood stars to play the characters, despite the fact we've known a certain voice in the video games for years at this point.