Video Games Thread

dildo69er

The Series X I was lucky to get from Wal-Mart on August 5th just now shipped this morning. I thought for sure the order would be randomly canceled after all this time. If you’re looking for a next gen, follow @mattswider on Twitter. Both me and my brother got consoles thanks to his updates.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2021 at 9:57 PM, A Bun With No Patent said:

Has anyone ever seen the 1993 one?

Saw it at a sleepover with friends when it came out on VHS. One of the most disappointing sleepover movies I can remember.

My opinion of it is based solely on that experience as a 7 or 8 year old. Maybe it was for adults? Honestly no clue, but damn that sleepover sucked.

2 hours ago, Kay said:

Honestly think they should’ve focused on remastering Red Dead 1 over the old GTAs but whatevs

GTA trilogy remasters will make double the amount a Red Dead remaster will. Without a doubt. People are way more nostalgic for those games than red dead.

It will come though I’m sure. Rockstar seem bankrupt of original ideas at the moment. 

• Like 2

People keep giving Rockstar shit for how long they're taking on GTA 6, but I just don't get the hate.  Every game they make takes longer and longer to come out from the last one because they keep making their games bigger and better, and their refined polish upon release is nothing to scoff at (*cough Cyberpunk cough*).  And their track record is phenomenal.  You just know that when 6 does get released it will blow many minds.

I agree it's dumb to see 5 rerelease again and again, but I also don't believe that if we didn't get those rereleases that 6 would be coming out any faster.  If anything is slowing down the reveal of 6, I assume it's GTA Online.  Still Rockstar is huge, I have to imagine they have a very large team dedicated just to GTA 6 and another team that just focuses on Online and the 5 Rereleases (among other unrelated teams for other titles).

15 minutes ago, M!ke said:

People keep giving Rockstar shit for how long they're taking on GTA 6, but I just don't get the hate.  Every game they make takes longer and longer to come out from the last one because they keep making their games bigger and better, and their refined polish upon release is nothing to scoff at (*cough Cyberpunk cough*).  And their track record is phenomenal.  You just know that when 6 does get released it will blow many minds.

I agree it's dumb to see 5 rerelease again and again, but I also don't believe that if we didn't get those rereleases that 6 would be coming out any faster.  If anything is slowing down the reveal of 6, I assume it's GTA Online.  Still Rockstar is huge, I have to imagine they have a very large team dedicated just to GTA 6 and another team that just focuses on Online and the 5 Rereleases (among other unrelated teams for other titles).

I would much rather wait years at a time and get perfection.

I started playing Red Dead again on Series X and it’s just as fun and immersive as it was the first time through. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

Its because they’re milking gta v and online to death and they want them to focus on 6 instead of beating the 8 year old horse.

theres been no story dlc for 5 or for RDR2 either, because they only care about online.

i was chill to wait but because of the pushing of online it seems like 6 isn’t being worked on much or cared about.

3 hours ago, Kay said:

Its because they’re milking gta v and online to death and they want them to focus on 6 instead of beating the 8 year old horse.

theres been no story dlc for 5 or for RDR2 either, because they only care about online.

i was chill to wait but because of the pushing of online it seems like 6 isn’t being worked on much or cared about.

I understand that's why people are upset.  But as I was saying, Rockstar is huge, they undeniably have had a large team quietly working away on GTA 6 for a long time while another team continues to work on 5 rereleases and Online.  I REALLY don't think 6 has been delayed in any major way despite how much 5/Online has indeed continued to be milked.